Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the strongest bug?
This poll is closed.
Praying mantis 91 21.06%
🐜 71 16.44%
🦂 56 12.96%
🕷 46 10.65%
🦎 101 23.38%
Centipede 67 15.51%
Total: 432 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Boss Nas
Oct 25, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

ah, the dicker max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/kjovano/status/1587057798382338049

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

He's right.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I like that one can actually read Lula's words right beneath her tweet and it's automatically clear how much she's mischaracterizing his position.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

speng31b posted:

https://apnews.com/article/ukrainian-children-russia-7493cb22c9086c6293c1ac7986d85ef6

the main narrative basically just paints a picture of nightmarish bureaucratic fuckups, but some parts like the quotes below were pretty unsettling

yeah that stinks of ethnic cleansing right there

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Not So Fast posted:

yeah that stinks of ethnic cleansing right there

What do you think should be done with war orphans?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
hmm I like the phrase “he thinks he’s the cherry on top” I think I’ll use it more often

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

probably not get taken by the invading power, tbh. Repatriate them to Ukraine or to the EU.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Not So Fast posted:

or to the EU.

:dafuq:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah EU, definitely.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/snekotron/status/1587799536101203968

months long counter offensive canceled for lack of wunderwaffen

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Not So Fast posted:

probably not get taken by the invading power, tbh. Repatriate them to Ukraine or to the EU.

:pwn:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I like the quoted text accompanied by a screenshot that does not contain said text or even anything remote approaching the sentiment of the quote

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the extended family of the war orphans should be located and the orphans should be repatriated to them, not booted into the russian foster system imo

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Majorian posted:

I like that one can actually read Lula's words right beneath her tweet and it's automatically clear how much she's mischaracterizing his position.

Anything not a full throated endorsement of zelensky and ukraine is treason

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/snekotron/status/1587799536101203968

months long counter offensive canceled for lack of wunderwaffen

Do the different 155mm systems use an interchangeable shell?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I like the quoted text accompanied by a screenshot that does not contain said text or even anything remote approaching the sentiment of the quote

It owns, people do this poo poo all the time. There was a NYT article I posted here about this conflict from the POV of an African lady who was educated/grew up in the USSR. Her take was that the conflict was awful, and should come to end but she also said that NATO was bad. The NYT article framed her opinions as pro putin.

You can read the OG article here

https://time.com/6173232/lula-da-silva-transcript/

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zodium posted:

i just scroll past mlmp posts

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Not So Fast posted:

shotgunning eastern europeans into the EU child trafficking network is a much more cruel fate than them being raised by russians

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Jose Mengelez posted:

reminder that richard spencer and girl mussolini are both vociferously and uncritically pro ukraine, but somehow it's us itt who're the real nazis because basic bitch christian conservative shitlords (like tucker carlson and mtg) are hard-wired to take a contrary position to the democrats on literally every possible policy issue.

The Nazis I like to troll are split on who to support in the war. On the one hand you have those who have fallen hook like and sinker for Russia's propaganda as some sort of saviors of Europe from their local Muslim boogeymen and liberal governments, and call for an invasion of their countries too. On the other hand you have the ones who see Russia as a "failed" nationalist state invading their neighbors and making them either nervous or amused at Russia's antics.

Both are very, very dumb and both are very fun to rile up.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It owns, people do this poo poo all the time. There was a NYT article I posted here about this conflict from the POV of an African lady who was educated/grew up in the USSR. Her take was that the conflict was awful, and should come to end but she also said that NATO was bad. The NYT article framed her opinions as pro putin.

You can read the OG article here

https://time.com/6173232/lula-da-silva-transcript/

ok i searched the article for the quote in question and he did in fact say that right next to something else that was extremely wrong so maybe this guy is just kind of dumb on foreign policy

quote:

And now, sometimes I sit and watch the President of Ukraine speaking on television, being applauded, getting a standing ovation by all the [European] parliamentarians. This guy is as responsible as Putin for the war. Because in the war, there’s not just one person guilty. Saddam Hussein was as guilty as Bush [for the outbreak of the 2003 Iraq war]. Because Saddam Hussein could have said, “You can come here and check and I will prove that I do not have mass destruction weapons.” But he lied to his people. And now, this President of Ukraine could have said, “Come on, let’s stop talking about this NATO business, about joining the E.U. for a while. Let’s discuss a bit more first.”

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilmiera posted:

The Nazis I like

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

alibaba advertisements on my facebook feed are for inflatable tank decoy lmao

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Zerg Mans posted:

alibaba advertisements on my facebook feed are for inflatable tank decoy lmao

we've been getting spam at work from people purporting to sell body armor for a while now. presumably there's as much of a market for it as there are for dick pills and bitcoin, which is ... something

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

the bitcoin of weed posted:

:pwn:

we're all right wing radicals, now!

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

lobster shirt posted:

the extended family of the war orphans should be located and the orphans should be repatriated to them, not booted into the russian foster system imo

Hard to argue with this. I wonder how hard it is to find relatives right now cross border in a war like this one.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lula is right

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Azathoth posted:

we've been getting spam at work from people purporting to sell body armor for a while now. presumably there's as much of a market for it as there are for dick pills and bitcoin, which is ... something

seems like a waste, OP, you could just take enough dick pills to be able to reflect bullets with your raging dong

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AnimeIsTrash posted:

They belong in the Bandera Youth camps where they can receive a proper Ukrainian upbringing, to do otherwise is cultural genocide

OK baizuo has issued a correction as of 20:04 on Nov 2, 2022

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

Yeah EU, definitely.

New Little St. James needs merchandise

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

No one wants this thread to be a d&d thread except the new mod. I just want to shitpost for God's sake.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

CongoJack posted:

Hard to argue with this. I wonder how hard it is to find relatives right now cross border in a war like this one.

i think the un and red cross have experience with this in other conflicts. as well, it's not like russia and ukraine aren't still talking through this war, as both sides have agreed to prisoner swaps. that a lot of ukrainians have fled the country might complicate matters but it doesn't seem like an insurmountable problem.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

i think the un and red cross have experience with this in other conflicts. as well, it's not like russia and ukraine aren't still talking through this war, as both sides have agreed to prisoner swaps. that a lot of ukrainians have fled the country might complicate matters but it doesn't seem like an insurmountable problem.

Ukraine was the ex soviet state with the highest homeless children population even before the war. The whole situation sucks so much man.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as I understand it one complication is that many of these kids were relinquished by parents who determined they couldn't care for them before the invasion even began. ukrainian orphanages are notoriously abysmal and used as a stopgap fix for poverty, just like our care system is. It's not necessarily like ukrainian helen hunt and paul reiser are waiting in an apartment somewhere to be reunited.

e: beaten sort of

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The whole situation sucks so much man.

this

i think getting the kids back to Ukraine outside the warzone is a solvable problem but it's not anyone's priority because war sucks and everyone involved with any power to prioritize solving it sucks

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Admittedly, I don’t think political indoctrination (or implied at least) is acceptable.

That said, it goes for the other side as well, where the Ukrainian government hasn’t showed much love for its ethnically Russian or Russian speaking population. The priority should be to get them to their family, but if that is impossible then it is a lot more tricky.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Ardennes posted:

It just isn’t my style. I don’t care about posters that much to be honest, it is when there is a bone of contention on a subject.

That's ok I still care about you :glomp:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

i wouldnt trust the UN

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

genericnick posted:

He's right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

speng31b posted:

this

i think getting the kids back to Ukraine outside the warzone is a solvable problem but it's not anyone's priority because war sucks and everyone involved with any power to prioritize solving it sucks

Yeah but how about if they don’t have family in the rest of Ukraine? This is the issue last time this came up because kids may just be lost in institutions or genuinely homeless nowhere to go. I also don’t think the Ukrainian state is that trustworthy either if it is expected to take care of them either since they are hunting down postmen and kindergarten teachers at the moment.

Shifty Nipples posted:

That's ok I still care about you :glomp:

It’s okay