Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the strongest bug?
This poll is closed.
Praying mantis 91 21.06%
🐜 71 16.44%
🦂 56 12.96%
🕷 46 10.65%
🦎 101 23.38%
Centipede 67 15.51%
Total: 432 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

The Ukrainians claimed 600 yesterday.

They’ve been inflating claims the whole time but they’re plainly not even on the attack right now so… lol why even bother trying to push this story?

it's the same thing with all the stuff claiming putin is about to get couped or die of butt cancer or whatever, it doesn't have to be true because it's for an internal audience to make sure everyone knows how winning they are and keeps supporting the war to their own personal detriment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I also agree with that. mlmp isn't really a "main character" person so much as one that seems to have adopted a position solely on the basis of assuming both the C-SPAM and D&D threads must be equally wrong.

Its impressive in and of itself and I applaud the posting energy.

Frosted Flake posted:

They’ve been inflating claims the whole time but they’re plainly not even on the attack right now so… lol why even bother trying to push this story?

gotta keep elan high

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

twitter elan that is, the morale ofthe troops on the ground is irrelevant

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Frosted Flake posted:

its for western audiences to hoot at like a box score. the kiev independent has a running count of russian casualties that is at like 75k by now that's just accepted as fact by the bad threads

Southpaugh posted:

twitter elan that is, the morale ofthe troops on the ground is irrelevant

semper posts :patriot:

the bitcoin of weed has issued a correction as of 22:01 on Nov 2, 2022

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Very important that NAFO morale is maintained.

Lychnis
Jul 22, 2015

Flowers are beautiful, and smell nice.

Dreylad posted:

quoting someone and then putting a giant X through the post. guess I have a new way to refute my posting enemies.

It's amazingly childish, isn't it? I'm surprised she didn't scribble angrily over the face in the picture while she was at it. It has exactly that same air of infantile frustration with people daring to have Opinions Wot I Think Are Bad And Wrong.

Then, I guess I wouldn't want to have some of those commenters mistaking my quotation for condonement either. Those are some angry commenters! Also, a lot of people who didn't think to check the date of the interview.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

fanfic insert posted:

pretty sure most of us has called for mlmp88 to get permanently booted from the thread

didnt this forum recently make a rule against main character syndrome or something like it? the way mlmp argues and makes 10 pages about them(while ignoring posts that correctly points out errors they make) qualifies, right?

Buddy, if PFC won't get booted for being a main character, no one should.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/Cirincione/status/1587499055818711041

this twitter drama continues to be pretty funny

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

upvotes

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

New Michael Hudson. Come for the self-ownage of Germany, stay for spicy takes on the Papacy.

*I fixed some awkward phasing here.

https://michael-hudson.com/2022/11/germanys-position-in-americas-new-world-order/

good stuff

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Michael Hudson posted:

In today’s New Cold War, the West’s neoliberal ideology is mobilizing fear and hatred of “the other,” demonizing nations that follow an independent path as “autocratic regimes.” Outright racism is fostered toward entire peoples, as evident in the Russophobia and :siren:Cancel Culture:siren: currently sweeping the West.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

We have reviewed feedback from this thread and some permabans, bans, and probes have just gone through. Please go to the QCS thread for any discussion: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4016434

This thread will reopen soon.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
lmfao beaten by Az!

Okay, everyone in the CSPAM thread, read Jeffrey's QCS post first, raise any questions or concerns in that thread, etc, and then come back here to see how my moderating is going to change in light of this.

----------------

Okay, have you read Jeffrey's amazing, beautifully-written post? Good! Did it inspire you as it inspired me? Splendid.

Here is how the new mindset towards the U/R threads is going to impact this one in particular and how I moderate it. Spoiler alert: it's going to change very little in terms of actual rules; I'm just going to be enforcing them more consistently.

-First things first, I'd like to reaffirm that this thread does not hand out probes or bans for wrongthink, and it's not going to start doing that now. This thread prides itself on welcoming opinions that run contrary to the mainstream narrative. Whatever your stance is on this war, its causes, or its outcomes, you're welcome to post in the thread, as long as you're not trying to start a fight and can handle posting in CSPAM.

-Going forward, I'm going to much more proactively discourage dumbass interforums slapfighting. That means no more posting about GBS, DnD, or other subs. If you have a legit grievance about another poster or group of posters (ie: you're being doxxed, someone is harassing you over PMs, you suspect someone in particular of making an embarrassing Twitter account), PM me or another mod/admin. Otherwise, as Aleister Crowley famously put it, "'Shut the gently caress up about GBS/DnD/PYF/GIP/YOSPOS' shall be the whole of the Law."

-As a corollary to the above, we’re putting a moratorium on SYQs from other threads on the forums. That just serves to stir poo poo up with the other threads. I hope it goes without saying that posting about NAFO dweebs on Twitter, Reddit, and other offsites is allowed and encouraged.

-The anti-bloodlust, anti-war crimes denial policies remain in place. This thread has gotten a lot better about this over the past several months, and I appreciate it immensely. Let's keep that trend going.

-Thank you all for making moderating this thread way easier than it could be! I'm having fun and learning a lot.

Majorian has issued a correction as of 22:29 on Nov 2, 2022

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
:siren:NEW THREAD OPEN GO GO GO!!!