Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

So I was curious so I went to the thrall hallway to see if I can still get kills for weapon leveling. Seems like the answer is that no, the thralls no longer count for kills.
Probably hit up shuro chi instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shuro Chi and the loot cave are probably the places to go for weapon kills now.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
Played through the first 3 missions on Legendary. Many spikey mans were shooted. A++ would shoot spikey mans again.

Edit: Legendary seems to be just the right level of challenging. I died a couple times on the "tribute savathun" room in the first mission since I didn't pay attention, and then once to the shriekers on the 2nd to lowest level of the third mission, before I figured out how that fight worked.

CommanderApaul fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 22, 2022

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

harrygomm posted:

does the play seem to be start on legendary to get to 1520 asap, or play through normally, go back to it later? will probably have a small group to do it with rather than solo, if that changes things.

I think it’s probably fine to go legendary if you have pals.

Im bad at soloing things in this game and I found legendary to be pretty frustrating. I managed Presage but it took me a LONG time and I’ve never managed a legendary lost sector, if that helps peg things.

It’s probably doable even for me but I come to Destiny because I like the power fantasy and blowing poo poo up and getting my rear end in a top hat blown out repeatedly just makes me want to play other stuff.

Edit: the season pass exotic launcher is real stupid and I think I love it.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hand in old trials engrams for the new gun. It's really good; a solar rapid pulse. You can Focus your engrams for rolls of Summoner, now, too

Iron Banner bounties are confirmed to drop at least the new hand cannon, not sure about the sword.

Do we have to wait to turn in bounties until we get the seasonal artifact?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Probably hit up shuro chi instead?

xzzy posted:

Shuro Chi and the loot cave are probably the places to go for weapon kills now.

Never did Shuro Chi, is it hard to get to?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Listerine posted:

Do we have to wait to turn in bounties until we get the seasonal artifact?

I had a ton of XP on my artifact as soon as I picked it up, so it doesn't seem to be required.

Also I typo'd: the trials gun is a rapid SCOUT

Heads up that all Trials weapons have new perk pools, so Shayura's for example can now get Golden Tricorn

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Mesadoram posted:

Never did Shuro Chi, is it hard to get to?

no, but it's a little bit tedious

look up 'shuro chi wish wall', maybe a youtube just to guide you to the wall. Then it's a few minutes of shooting buttons

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

iron banner perk is kills during the Hunt (control all 3 zones) grant enhanced radar and remove you from enemies radar

hand cannon is a solar 180, mine rolled with a new perk that grants handling after kills and also mine has kill clip

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mazerunner posted:

no, but it's a little bit tedious

look up 'shuro chi wish wall', maybe a youtube just to guide you to the wall. Then it's a few minutes of shooting buttons

It probably takes less time than beating the first encounter of Shattered Throne, but it’s way more tedious to enter a wall code

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

I posted this in the discord, but I will post this here as well so everyone can see it.

PSA: you don’t have to grind a lost sector to get an new 12% xp ghost mod. It is already on your ghost

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hmm, with the way the lvling crafted weapons work, it seems that the moment you unlock a new shape to craft you should craft the weapon immediately and start using it constantly

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
:allears: I can now remain invisible with both a smoke bomb and a dodge.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Void Classes are so OP now, holy cow

I'm just wading through hordes of exploding bad guys in the L Campaign

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Heads up, the legendary campaign jumps noticeably in difficulty after the first 2 missions. It goes from -10 LL to -15.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

How the gently caress do you extract a pattern? What am I missing here?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Junkenstein posted:

you need a weapon to drop with a red border, then you gotta use it to fill a bar that lets you extract the pattern.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Junkenstein posted:

The Crafting walkthrough is funny-bad.

The workstation is called The Enigma, on Mars. The quest keeps sending you to interact with The Enigma, on Mars. Then suddenly you have a quest to "level up" the Enigma?

The Glaive is also called The Enigma

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Sultan Tarquin posted:

you need a weapon to drop with a red border, then you gotta use it to fill a bar that lets you extract the pattern.

Whenever I fill the bar on a weapon that says you can extract the pattern, it only lets me extract resonance.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Junkenstein posted:

Whenever I fill the bar on a weapon that says you can extract the pattern, it only lets me extract resonance.

doing that should unlock the triumph in your character menu and then that lets you craft one I think?

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

DoomTrainPhD posted:

This may be a good time to drag the ps4 to another room and directly plug it into ethernet.

Good call, evidently my home network is jacked up in some way that the ps4 really dislikes. PSN downloads are still slower than they really should be, but at least I may get to play WQ (late) tonight.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Sultan Tarquin posted:

doing that should unlock the triumph in your character menu and then that lets you craft one I think?

Ah, of course it's in the triumph menu, where else?

So you unlock the pattern there then you need to make progress by taking resonance from a couple more of the same type to actually get the pattern. I think?

Edit: Actually, I think it's just that some need more patterns extracted than others. The Cabal pulse needs 5, whereas the craftable sidearm just needs 1. The triumph pages just keeps track of progress, you don't need to go into it to claim anything.

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 23, 2022

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
so since the patch notes insist you can use the ingame screenshot tool

where is it

what is it

how do i keybind it

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Gjallarhorn with the Catalyst is a massive crutch in this tough as balls Legendary Campaign lol

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I am (A) so broke this month because British teeth and (B) impressed by how much of the content is available to f2p players.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So after getting back into the game, I noticed that I still have this The Vow quest open... this is to the catalyst for Ariana's Vow right? Is that weapon still relevant?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

ahaha the one boss. you'll know it when you see it

in the mission investigating sathona's temple

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hand in old trials engrams for the new gun. It's really good; a solar rapid pulse. You can Focus your engrams for rolls of Summoner, now, too

Iron Banner bounties are confirmed to drop at least the new hand cannon, not sure about the sword.

By hand in, you mean have Rahool open them?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

So I guess red border weapons drop from everything? I wasn’t expecting to get them from Paraversal Hauls and Xur’s treasure chest.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So after getting back into the game, I noticed that I still have this The Vow quest open... this is to the catalyst for Ariana's Vow right? Is that weapon still relevant?

Yeah, its a cool gun.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SgtSteel91 posted:

By hand in, you mean have Rahool open them?

Yesss, sorry! Decrypting them at Rahool seems to be weighted towards giving you the new gun. Then, you can focus directly at Saint for more rolls on Aisha's, if you want!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Where do I use psychogenic intel?

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Mesadoram posted:

Where do I use psychogenic intel?

Extra chests at the end of Psiops, like hammer charges.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dang they really hit it out of the park with those HDR fixes, I can see shadowed areas now!!

https://i.imgur.com/eUxPEdQ.mp4

(xbox one x)

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

New thread, same complaints. D2 Loot Grind 4eva!

(First mission in, game is real good.)

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Ok so this is a neat combo:

'suppressing glaive' artifact mod + stylish executioner means all glaive melees turn you invisible.

also comboes I think with the echoes of domineering fragment for a mobility boost and reload- however I think you can't one hit kill the target to activate this fragment, not sure

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Dear god the häkke scout is satisfying.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh - I didn't realize at first that not every weapon with an orange border is one that you can get a recipe from - some are just for the mats.

Not sure how much I like that aspect, since it seems like another reason to feel like you need to hang onto weapons.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

how do I find a clan, I was booted from my old one :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Oh - I didn't realize at first that not every weapon with an orange border is one that you can get a recipe from - some are just for the mats.

Not sure how much I like that aspect, since it seems like another reason to feel like you need to hang onto weapons.
Yeah I just popped a bunch of Xûr packages (pretty easy way to level up fast) and it dropped a bunch of red border guns, which I now kind of feel like I need to go and use until they're ready to be drained of their weapon juice. So my spare primary slots are now all full.