Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Idk if I am missing something, but I am not a huge fan of the void hunter. I don't like not having a smoke grenade I can just throw at my/my allies feet :colbert:. All the different ways to become invisible is fine, but I miss that smoke grenade and the heal it had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Playedpretty much 12 hours straight today did most missions and i did not want to stop! Can't levy enough praise to the team at bungie who lived up to and exceeded the promise of Presage in every way. the excursion into the europa pyramid was so tense. I loving LOVED IT.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
so uh final cutscene after completing "the Ritual"

is that the witness? HE'S loving GOOFY LOOKING AS rear end

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I'm genuinely amazed they managed to keep the servers stable all day. Bravo, Bungie.

Also this campaign fuckin rocks. I was definitely walking on my way back out of the mission only for that Ahamkara to spawn right in my face.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Only about five missions in but I'm absolutely loving loving the Legendary campaign. It's exactly what I wanted, something which isn't quite as strict and unforgiving as a grandmaster but still requires me to exercise a substantial amount of Destiny skillsets for ability use, invis, weapon selection. It just feels like a really good expression of all the skills I've picked up and perfect rolls I've assembled.

The biggest sticking point for me so far has been the Hangman Scorn fight in mission 3 or 4 which just gets super punishing in the second and third phases but I felt like a god when he was down. I'm hearing lots of clanmates talking obliquely about all having a rough time with the same later mission so I have that to look forward to!

Special commendation to the new hunter super which certainly feels like it does way more damage way faster than it's prior incarnations. It's been able to pretty reliably burst campaign bosses down in their last third of their health when they would otherwise be problematic.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

frajaq posted:

Gjallarhorn with the Catalyst is a massive crutch in this tough as balls Legendary Campaign lol

I sure hope this suffering makes me a better player, because jeeeeeez.

I think I'm 5 missions in? First mission where you go inside and commune.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 23, 2022

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

My only problem with the legendary campaign is just the no revives part. Like I could get behind having a limited number but 0 when solo is just tough. Even just having one per when I was duoing was crazy and we've still got the last 3 missions left which seem to get even harder. This isn't to say make it easier cause the challenge is great. Just maybe give like one more revive per person and like 2 when solo.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

new exotic smg rules

and also there's an reputation tier for the new vendor that unlocks even harder difficulties for the missions :getin:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I didn't think I would fall in love with Adagio, but holy poo poo on this gun it is amazing.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The fireteam scaling in Legendary Campaign is a bit wonky. It's the easiest, peasiest of walks in the park but as soon as you have a buddy or two join the redbars can survive a rocket

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm a titan, well meele is 1 energy and I'm running then protective well thing with void. I feel like.bungie wants me to punch lots of things but I die whenever I do so in legendary campaign. Is that just not the place for it?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Melee damage kind of sucks in Legendary campaign. Shield throw, on the other hand, is amazing as it kickstarts your ability regen cycle and it does a truck ton of damage.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Taking a break from soloing legendary Campaign to say that Glaives loving RULE and I’m a Glaive main now!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Taking a break from soloing legendary Campaign to say that Glaives loving RULE and I’m a Glaive main now!

they do! and the suppressing glaive mod gives them a blinding effect!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I had no queue to get in and haven't experienced any weirdness. it's been extremely smooth.

legend campaign isn't loving around but has been fun and doable. been using my mainstays arc logic and tranquility, crutching hard on gjallarhorn and devour warlock. I kinda brushed it off when they announced it but the legend campaign has actually felt like a really nice value add to the expansion and I'm enjoying it more than expected. extremely good first impressions for the expansion

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Some of these new guns are good as hell

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I must be using Glaive wrong because it feels like the wet noodle 5000 and enemies just go heeheee when I chain melee attacks on em

Apparently the #10 artifact mod unlock makes em good?

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I must be using Glaive wrong because it feels like the wet noodle 5000 and enemies just go heeheee when I chain melee attacks on em

Apparently the #10 artifact mod unlock makes em good?

Same here

I've gotten the mission to remake the glaive, if I treat it as a long-distance shotgun (don't ADS, take out shields or big enemies) and only use melee on trash mobs it seems to work ok

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Glaives have range fall off so that might be contributing to the bad feels.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm thinking I'm going solar hunter only because the other options don't look too appealing. Middle tree has wonderful synergy with wells and Goldy for some deeps. Everything else is more work for middling gains.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
finished the legendary campaign with three others in one sitting.

Very good and the fights were interesting and decently challenging. Actually had to think about build + strategy to not wipe.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Legendary campaign is great. Really enjoying the size of the areas they have you fighting in. Haven't felt like I'm crammed into a shoe box once yet. Lots of room to move around.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

RBX posted:

I'm thinking I'm going solar hunter only because the other options don't look too appealing. Middle tree has wonderful synergy with wells and Goldy for some deeps. Everything else is more work for middling gains.

Solar Hunters are probably the single weakest guardians in the game at the moment. You provide no PvE benefits to your fireteam and your damage isn’t that good. Void Hunters are where it’s at right now, they seem insanely OP.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

So is matchmaking busted right now? It keeps just tossing me into poo poo solo.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/lancereddick/status/1496184780609753090?s=21

The fact that Lance sits on his couch in his underwear and RPs as Zavala while playing the game is too beautiful and pure for this lovely world.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

The fact that Lance sits on his couch in his underwear and RPs as Zavala while playing the game is too beautiful and pure for this lovely world.

Voice actors enjoying the games they made ftw

My favorite anecdote is from the guy who voiced Jesse in overwatch saying how he’d do the “it’s high noon” line in chat and everyone on his team would dive for cover

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Solar Hunters are probably the single weakest guardians in the game at the moment. You provide no PvE benefits to your fireteam and your damage isn’t that good. Void Hunters are where it’s at right now, they seem insanely OP.

I play mostly alone anyway. Void is also far, far from OP.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I did not realize the weapon crafting system comes with a date stamp feature to commemorate when you first crafted your weapon.

..I finished the glaive crafting quest at 2 minutes after midnight and ended up with a 2/23/2022 date instead of 2/22/2022 and it triggered some new OCD part of my brain that I never knew I had, fun!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
A couple random thoughts on Legendary Campaign

- It's probably easiest solo, or MAYBE as a duo. As a 3-man, the enemies have an unreasonable amount of health and do enough damage to get a couple cheap kills pretty easily, which combined with the limited revives means starting the long boss fights over

- Run head to toe void. Void subclass, void guns, void armor, Void void void. It's so unreasonably powerful.

- Protective Light is dead, Charged with Light is not great, and Orb Gen is not so useful

- Wear your actual good loadout and infuse blues into it after each mission as needed. This is not like the usual campaign where you can wear the blues that drop and just snooze through it

- Maybe don't worry about trying to use Bad Guns just because they have Deepsight Resonance. This is a tough little bit of content and going in there with an arc sword and an aggressive sidearm isn't going to make it any easier

- ABSOLUTELY use two Damage Resist mods on your chest. Forget about Reserves. The artifact has a nice double mod that gives solar and arc resists, but if you're in a mission with lots of powerful void (Ogres, that goddamn Scorn Sniper boss, etc) don't feel bad about wearing two void resists

- If I could recommend a set of Armor Mods to use it would be Reaping Wellmaker (after using dodge/rift/barricade, your next kill makes a Void well), Well of Tenacity (Void Wells give you 50% damage resist for a brief period), Time Dilation (Well Buffs last longer), Font of Might ([Void] Wells make [Void] Weapons do more damage for a brief period]), and Elemental Ordnance (grenade kills make a Well of your subclass). This will make it so that every time you pick up a void well, which will be very often, you get a moderate period of being borderline invincible and doing massive damage with your void weapons. The LC has baby-match-game and you can knock off just about any Shield with 1 or 2 shots from an energy weapon

I ran a Sentinel with Controlled Demo and Bastion, and I forget the exact Fraggies but they included the ones that make void abilities cause explosions and void grenades weaken targets. With Heart of Inmost Light I had abilities up all the time always forever

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I run dodge for invis and the smoke bomb for invis as a hunter with graviton forfeit and max strength and I can basically be invisible the entire time as a hunter. It’s made legendary bearable.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I only did the first mission which is reportedly the easiest but I facerolled it with stasis and forerunner and whatever smg had an element I needed (swapped between arc and solar depending on enemies).

My mistake was doing it on hunter, I have always hated void hunter and the changes don't make me like it any more.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Did the Legend Campaign as a duo and it was pretty fun. Some encounters got dicey, but for the most part it felt mostly fair beyond some stuff feeling a touch tanky.

Holy poo poo some of the lore stuff though.

Also, if you want to unlock the void grenades from the other classes, you gotta visit Ikora on the tower.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
The campaign is soooo good from start to finish.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah this is one of the only times I've genuinely enjoyed a campaign rather than just enduring it. Good good stuff all around

They reused a WILD amount of Forsaken content but it felt more like it was an intentional decision rather than "aw poo poo how can we make a new campaign using as much Old poo poo as possible!!"

The Character Of Interest in the final cutscene has a wild design but I think I like it

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Forsaken had the problem of "do a story mission then go do 69 billion patrol style missions before getting to the next cutscene." No one wants to get pulled out of their story narrative to mosh with randoms around a public event.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I'm having a great time getting through the campaign on legendary. The RNG god blesses me not with god rolls of guns but with chill normal people on LFG -- sounds like this would be easier if I ran solo but now I'm enjoying shepherding dads and doofuses and explaining what res tokens are.

My only enemy is inventory/postmaster limit.

I love the design and environments, but I'm looking at this like I'm a teacher and Bungie is sitting one row behind FROM software and they answered all the questions the same on the test.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

xzzy posted:

Forsaken had the problem of "do a story mission then go do 69 billion patrol style missions before getting to the next cutscene." No one wants to get pulled out of their story narrative to mosh with randoms around a public event.

Yeah I think the biggest change now in comparison to previous campaigns so far has been to let the campaign be it's own thing. There's very little cruft, and no real outside-campaign mindless grinding to progress. I'm thinking not just of Forsaken stuff but the tedious checklist that Shadowkeep laughably called a "campaign" for it's own expansion. Beyond Light was a bit better about this until you finish and realize half the campaign was a pre-reuse of the Empire Hunt content that would make up the bulk of the launch Europa activities.

Instead Bungie realized, hey, we have all these cool patrol areas we made, we have all these old boss models with unique combat AI, maybe we could just............ make combat arenas using them? And those can be the campaign levels?? And it works brilliantly. Good job Bungie, it took you a minute or two but you figured it out.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I played through Legendary campaign solo on hunter. Void hunter 90% of the time, with some stasis

armourwise I had orpheus rigs and kept those infused up, used blues otherwise. The multi-shot tether does some great damage, especially with the third volley OR gives.

Weapon I use the new exotic MG a lot, but switched for final mission or two to gjally. Otherwise maybe Lorentz/Arbalest, good purples that dropped, and glaive.

Glaive was kind of poopy, until I unlocked 'suppressive glaives', which gives it a blinding effect on both ranged and melee. It also has a fun synergy with hunter's "stylish finisher".

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Plenty of Chores await after the campaign. Fynch and the Chalkboard will ask you for the usual Do Two Patrols, Kill 100 Scorn, Find Chests In Area, etc

Bungie cited Twin Peaks as an inspiration for the post-game mystery stuff. I wonder how long his name was Lynch until they thought better of it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

An Outbreak Perfected with a fully finished catalyst feels like a cheat code for the legendary missions. Especially when thrall charge you and you pop one in the head. The nanites do the rest for you.