Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Remember Kevin Yanes literally said that their goal is for Strand to be exciting because it's new, they specifically avoided making it overwhelmingly powerful, and they didn't want it to be the "obvious pick" for any content in the game. The subclass is also a partial release and is not intended to be at parity with the others until a future season ("by the end of the year") when we have our full set of powers available to us

Keep expectations tempered, because season 20 is sort of a beta release for Strand

And a huuuuge reminder that per the GDC presentation, they design by template, and they are following the Beyond Light template for this. They're promised that they cut down on the gameplay hours required to unlock strand, compared to stasis, but it will have a similar procedure (quests to unlock your grenade options, timegated unlocks for fragments, seasonal release of aspects, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

ponzicar posted:

I'm gonna wait until I actually play the class before getting disappointed. I know that takes the fun out of gamerplaining, but I don't really have time for that anymore.

looks to me like you do have time for it

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Remember Kevin Yanes literally said that their goal is for Strand to be exciting because it's new, they specifically avoided making it overwhelmingly powerful, and they didn't want it to be the "obvious pick" for any content in the game. The subclass is also a partial release and is not intended to be at parity with the others until a future season ("by the end of the year") when we have our full set of powers available to us

Keep expectations tempered, because season 20 is sort of a beta release for Strand

And a huuuuge reminder that per the GDC presentation, they design by template, and they are following the Beyond Light template for this. They're promised that they cut down on the gameplay hours required to unlock strand, compared to stasis, but it will have a similar procedure (quests to unlock your grenade options, timegated unlocks for fragments, seasonal release of aspects, etc)

the people complaining about green titan don't think that the new class won't be powerful or useful, just that it isn't cool. There's no way that it has some super cool badass feeling ability that they didn't put in the trailer. Green blades on hands and a green khepris horn are the coolest thing the class does, because that's what's in the trailer.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

dodgeblan posted:

the people complaining about green titan don't think that the new class won't be powerful or useful, just that it isn't cool. There's no way that it has some super cool badass feeling ability that they didn't put in the trailer. Green blades on hands and a green khepris horn are the coolest thing the class does, because that's what's in the trailer.

No I'm just confirming that it won't be cool OR powerful, because they already promised this

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Forward_Bee posted:

All you need right here

Hello

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

it's me, the Titan PvP fan

not having a good month

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Drifter is always smooth so that guy should be extra-smooth Drifter

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

best way to do this is with a wave frame GL since a direct hit will damage Atraks but not enough to start the death anim. This is also how you do the solo.

victrix posted:

it's me, the Titan PvP fan

not having a good month

Good

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I'd be fine with green behemoth as a roaming super, if they replaced Glacial Quake with a non-roaming super that creates the entire Halo map Blood Gulch, but 1:1 made of stasis crystals, at the point of impact

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
i'd be fine with a green behemoth super that is just the original fist of havoc but scaled up to match power creep

that would be bad rear end actually

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I have an incredibly simple solution to the stasis problem.

I like this. As you indicate, many stasis builds gets hampered by the need to pay both fragment and armor mod taxes, so reducing one or the other would be nice.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Behemoth should be buffed as well. It went from one of the most annoying and deadly supers in PvP to a wet fart and they never re-tuned it after that. Also Winters Wrath needs one hell of a nerf. That poo poo is very broken in PvP.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

haveblue posted:

I'll throw something together later. Everyone post their favorite destiny gifs

Ah, I was working with a few people in overchill to set it up.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Also, hey folks, I'm back.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

hosed up

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4023622

RocketRaygun posted:

Ah, I was working with a few people in overchill to set it up.

Erp, probably should have returned to this thread before posting that. Also it looks like I'm not actually in overchill, heh

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

haveblue posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4023622

Erp, probably should have returned to this thread before posting that. Also it looks like I'm not actually in overchill, heh

Ah, yeah, we've been collecting gifs and stuff for a new thread. I was going to post it this weekend.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
it happened again!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Sorta bitchmade to lock a thread so you can make your own one, imho...

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Sorta bitchmade to lock a thread so you can make your own one, imho...

haveblue said it was cool in discord. We're working together on the new op.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RocketRaygun posted:

haveblue said it was cool in discord. We're working together on the new op.

:hellyeah: bring on the gifs then

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Behemoth alt Super I just thought up: A 'burst damage' type, the Titan first creates two Stasis Gauntlets in each hand. They slam one into the ground, creating a wave of massive Stasis Crystals around the Titan, freezing anything caught in the radius. Then they slam the other, creating a massive shockwave and detonating the crystals, doing damage from the shockwave and the shatter

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I’m OK with it. We should have synced up hours earlier but whatevs

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Booooooo

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

oh gently caress a ghost!!!

go away it's not season of the haunted anymore :mad:

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

ok, the new op is mostly written, and we have like 30 gifs and videos. If y'all have any more you want to share, post 'em and I'll throw them on.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Just link all 9 evrabon compilations in memoriam to the architects.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Apologies if this is laid out earlier but I haven't played since the Forsaken pack. What is the best way to shore up the content in prep for Lightfall. $150 CAD to get all of the legacy content and latest Expansion seems high.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I would just wait until Lightfall and get that.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, get lightfall, then get old stuff next time it goes on sale or you're desperate to play some old raid or something.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, get lightfall, then get old stuff next time it goes on sale or you're desperate to play some old raid or something.

This seems to happen at least once a season if I recall correctly; when I made the move from PS# to PC I had to buy a lot of stuff over again but it wasn't super annoying to wait for a sale on past expansions to grab 'em.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I think Forsaken was $8 last sale, so it's definitely worth the wait

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

There's no word on Bungie going back and making the Stasis grind any easier? I still haven't fully unlocked it 2 (3?) years later.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I have done the stasis grind on all three classes and the witch queen campaign as well. No, I don’t have a life, why do you ask?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i keep trying to finish the stasis grind but trying to get objectives in public playlists done is.........

ugh

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It feels like there's something completely disingenuous about Witch Queen Deluxe being on sale at 75% of on PSN when a huge chunk of it is only going to be playable for the next 3 weeks.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It feels like there's something completely disingenuous about Witch Queen Deluxe being on sale at 75% of on PSN when a huge chunk of it is only going to be playable for the next 3 weeks.

???

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

The Deluxe edition includes, specifically, access to seasons 16-19 content, which is indeed mostly going away at the end of February

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Witch Queen Deluxe for $20 is a good price even though the seasons go away in 19 days

If it bothers you that the seasons are going away soon, you can also just buy Witch Queen Standard for $40 although it does not include Duality & Spire of the Watcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Witch Queen Deluxe for $20 is a good price even though the seasons go away in 19 days

In the arms of the angel
The Vanguard needs your help, Guardian
fly away from heeeere
For just one dollar a day, you can make a difference in an Elkisni's life