Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
25% of the price for the chance to play 25% of the content seems fair tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It's better then selling it at full price.
But otherwise, whats the cutoff for selling the seasonal stuff?

Short of just not removing content, or making it so all seasons last 1 year.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Snuffman posted:

There's no word on Bungie going back and making the Stasis grind any easier? I still haven't fully unlocked it 2 (3?) years later.

I've been playing this game casually since the beginning of the pandemic and I didn't know there were locked stasis quests until recently when I delivered holiday cookies to the eco stranger

:shrug:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Makes me wonder how much of the "stasis is underwhelming" mindset is from people who haven't fully unlocked it

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

haveblue posted:

Makes me wonder how much of the "stasis is underwhelming" mindset is from people who haven't fully unlocked it

I tried out a Behemoth build because of the discussion. Hoarfrost Z, Tectonic Harvest, Diamond Lance, FirePower Mod, 100 Dis and Res, along with Fragments that make stasis crystals do more damage on shatter, recharge grenades, give damage reduction near them, and dusk field, and most importantly Disparity with Headstone

Ability up time is just as good as HoiL when you’re headshoting a thrall and make the Crystal explode in a group, and because Disparity has the Hakke foundry perk it takes one burst to detonate it. With dusk field you can lock down orange bars or champs so you can get up in their grill and make a n ice wall at their feet, then detonate it for big damage.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

haveblue posted:

I have it fully unlocked on all three classes and probably ran it fewer than ten times over the last year. It used to be the go-to for crowd control but all three light subclasses are better at that now, save for MAYBE osmiomancy turret warlock builds.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The most fun thing about the behemoth is the diamond lance, especially the noise. I feel sad for people who don't have it.

Stasis noises are great, especially the warlock activation noise.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

haveblue posted:

Stasis is underwhelming because it's entire class identity is about controlling a battlefield and locking down enemies. It doesn't just do this, and it does allow for some decent options for burst damage or DPS, but that's where the majority of the ability focus lies.

The problem is two fold - the first is that "crowd control" is a problem space with a lot of possible solutions, and the second is Stasis did not keep up with power creep this year. Each 3.0 light subclass release ate away more and more at what Stasis was good at, and weapon perks started to edge into their territory as well. You can come up with an excellent stasis shatter strat that clears a room with correct aspect, fragment, and gameplay, or you can slot the Makes Explosions fragment into void or arc and just throw a grenade for the same effect. Or you can use your voltshot weapon of choice and do the same thing without any abilities at all!

This is not to say that you can't use Stasis effectively on the vast majority of content, but that's because the vast majority of content is faceroll-on-keyboard tier. Anything from seasonal activity down you can bring whatever the hell you want (also a problem, but a more general one than just Stasis). Once you start getting into Legend or Master versions of various activities it starts falling behind better options.

The one thing that Stasis still does better than anyone else is locking down difficult groups of enemies that are too tough for Light 3.0 to blow up quickly, which is why Shardbinder is still a viable pick for certain Grandmasters, like Glassway, or certain encounters like Master VoG confluxes or gatekeeper. Even there, you have a variety of chill clip weapons or Ager's Scepter which can do the job for certain content - because if you can solve crowd control without using Stasis, you will do so and use a subclass that has more offensive utility.

E:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Stasis noises are great, especially the warlock activation noise.

All criticism aside the activation for Winter's Wrath is maybe my favourite sound in the whole game.

Meiteron fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 9, 2023

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Help me sta-sis, my enemies aren’t stuck

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Help me sta-sis, my enemies aren’t stuck

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think it’s cool stasis is being vaulted.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Stasis is being put on Ice.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

It's better then selling it at full price.
But otherwise, whats the cutoff for selling the seasonal stuff?

Short of just not removing content, or making it so all seasons last 1 year.

haveblue posted:

25% of the price for the chance to play 25% of the content seems fair tbh

WQ standard is like $20 to $40 depending on platform. The Dungeon Key is $20.

WD Deluxe includes WQ Standard, and the Dungeon Key, and is $20. I think people are vastly over-emphasizing the contributory value of the season passes here.

(Also imho 19 days is plenty of time to harvest some of the choicest weapons from each season. That poo poo was timegated during the season but you can totally complete each season's 'questline' in an afternoon of gaming...)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

(Also imho 19 days is plenty of time to harvest some of the choicest weapons from each season. That poo poo was timegated during the season but you can totally complete each season's 'questline' in an afternoon of gaming...)

Yeah I managed to smash through the back half of Haunted and Seraph on a rainy Saturday afternoon. X of 57 steps can sound like a lot but for every quest step where you Do Something, there's like 3 quest steps that have you go listen to a couple of NPCs ramble on for a minute or two

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It’s cycles of “talk to the guy, do a seasonal activity, talk to the guy, do the other seasonal activity” and on some cycles you have to talk to a third guy or watch a cutscene. A bit mind-numbing to do 4 variants of 10 of that cycle in a row but manageable in 2.75 weeks

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

The witch queen dungeons (or any of them) aren't going away, right?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Lexorin posted:

The witch queen dungeons (or any of them) aren't going away, right?

Dungeons are staying

https://www.bungie.net/en/Guide/dcv

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Season 16's Psio-Ops and Season 19's Heist Battlegrounds are also not being vaulted and will be added to the Vanguard (pka 'Strikes') playlist

The season passes are basically just 6-10 incredibly powerful craftable guns and sometimes an exotic

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

haveblue posted:

It’s cycles of “talk to the guy, do a seasonal activity, talk to the guy, do the other seasonal activity” and on some cycles you have to talk to a third guy or watch a cutscene. A bit mind-numbing to do 4 variants of 10 of that cycle in a row but manageable in 2.75 weeks

i actually think it's pretty good because as long as you pick up all the artifacts and are collecting all the currencies, you basically never get blocked on a "grind" step. since shadowkeep i've worked on a pattern of play the expansion and some of the season, duck out when i get bored since i don't really do endgame grinds, come back once the last season launches, and catch up on all the meaningful content

2.75 weeks is tight and you'd have to ignore some of the grinds (e.g. the daily red-borders are going to be horrendous grinds to someone who doesn't have the focusing energy for each season already) and might wind up missing a seasonal legendary or two, but you'd absolutely be able to see all of the content within ~20 hours of play, maybe less if you stay hyperfocused. definitely can get all the exotics too, i think you'd need groups for a couple (i actually still need to do vox obscura myself, and the stuff for the catalysts this season...)

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

More importantly, Resonant Elements are being vaulted.

Now it will cost glimmer, shards, enhancement cores, etc

Deepsight attunment is gone as well

Resonant and Harmonic Alloys will stay for now, but are planned to be removed. Ascendant Alloys are staying as is.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Our long national currency nightmare is coming to an end.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SgtSteel91 posted:

Deepsight attunment is gone as well

I'm assuming this means the objective is just auto-complete. Like, you can just go in and press the Extract Pattern button.

LOL if what they really mean is "You must dismantle the gun to extract its pattern"

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
Are we supposed to be getting blues again? running around the leviathan trying to unlock opulent chests to get patterns and I'm finding blues in my inventory screen.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Syves posted:

Are we supposed to be getting blues again? running around the leviathan trying to unlock opulent chests to get patterns and I'm finding blues in my inventory screen.

That's weird. Out of curiosity what is your current equipped power level?

Leviathan is a weird zone since it's a temporarily-unvaulted year 1 destination that is sort of a patrol zone but also sort of not. I wouldn't be surprise if the loot changes didn't apply to the random chest/caches on Levi

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
Current equipped is 1600.

Was only getting purples the last few days as I ran thru haunted stuff I didnt do during the season.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I got a blue from an EDZ chest the other day.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
they really need to bring the old strikes back. we don't need the whole patrol zone, but not having song of savathun in the rotation is an f

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Lib and let die posted:

In the arms of the angel
The Vanguard needs your help, Guardian
fly away from heeeere
For just one dollar a day, you can make a difference in an Elkisni's life

Every 60 seconds on Nessus, a minute passes. Together, we can stop this. Please spread the word.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

muike posted:

they really need to bring the old strikes back. we don't need the whole patrol zone, but not having song of savathun in the rotation is an f

Still not missing Taeko-3's lines being set to MAX VOLUME.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
EMBRACE THE PRAXIC FIRE

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
That but Pyramidion and Festering Core

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Related - was Lake of Shadows stealth-removed from the Vanguard Ops playlist? I know you can select it from the EDZ map, but I don't think I've seen it come up in the playlist this whole season

Festering Core & Broodhold are the only vaulted strikes that can stay vaulted, in my opinion. Tree of Probabilities and Garden World owned, other than the boring parts in the hub (which wouldn't be so bad now. The hub zone sucked because it was used so goddamn much for that, the halloween & revelry holidays, the adventures, etc., but if the only appearances of the IF Hub were at the start of these two strikes they would be just fine one of many ways that time has vindicated Curse of Osiris )

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, that's why everyone hated the infinite forest- there was no button to just do a quick forest session, but most of the buttons that let you do anything else on Mercury forced you to do a quick forest session when you just wanted to get it over with and reach what you actually went there for

When they did give you a do a quick forest session button (for the halloween event) everyone loved it

The infinite forest also let you do the Invitation of the Nine bounty that accidentally challenged you to kill Hive on Mercury in season 6. No such luck with "kill Vex on the Tangled Shore", though

Smoove
Aug 13, 2012

...and goes down easy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Witch Queen Deluxe for $20 is a good price even though the seasons go away in 19 days

If it bothers you that the seasons are going away soon, you can also just buy Witch Queen Standard for $40 although it does not include Duality & Spire of the Watcher

Hoping Steam lowers prices on everything. Been playing a while on console and for some reason decided it was time to play on PC(I seem to suck less at the game on MnK compared to controller)and have to rebuy all the stuff. Kinda lovely they don’t cross over.

Can’t even use Stasis unless I log in on Xbox. :ughh:

I’m wondering if the Titan barricade ability will work with Khepris Horn? :blaster: Might make for a fun gimmick build, though with the ability cooldown changed doesn’t look like Heart of Inmost Light is coming off very often.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Here's my take on it.

haveblue posted:

Yeah, that's why everyone hated the infinite forest- there was no button to just do a quick forest session,

Year 1 rewards - fixed roll weapons, no-stat armor

haveblue posted:

When they did give you a do a quick forest session button (for the halloween event) everyone loved it

First annual Haunted Forest (Year 2) rewards - random roll weapons, fighting lion catalyst, exclusive cosmetics, ephemeral & steadfast engrams, & the Horror Story unique auto rifle

I would confidently say that Haunted Forest: The Activity is not any better than (probably much worse than) any of the Osiris Strikes or Adventures. It just had the crucial, primary #1 ingredient of a looter shooter activity: loot

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Paracelsus posted:

Still not missing Taeko-3's lines being set to MAX VOLUME.

Not wrong but i still want more strikes vs. strike malnourishment

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/destinybulletn/status/1623764753351954434

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Remember Kevin Yanes literally said that their goal is for Strand to be exciting because it's new, they specifically avoided making it overwhelmingly powerful, and they didn't want it to be the "obvious pick" for any content in the game. The subclass is also a partial release and is not intended to be at parity with the others until a future season ("by the end of the year") when we have our full set of powers available to us

Keep expectations tempered, because season 20 is sort of a beta release for Strand

And a huuuuge reminder that per the GDC presentation, they design by template, and they are following the Beyond Light template for this. They're promised that they cut down on the gameplay hours required to unlock strand, compared to stasis, but it will have a similar procedure (quests to unlock your grenade options, timegated unlocks for fragments, seasonal release of aspects, etc)

GoGoWetBlanketChris

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

I'm still unlocking poo poo for stasis, if stand quests are this mindnumbing it's gonna be rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

arsenicCatnip posted:

I'm still unlocking poo poo for stasis, if stand quests are this mindnumbing it's gonna be rough.

god i hope not. current stasis quests are _nerfed_ from the way it was at launch. It was way more grindy.