Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Ember of Resolve is going to be fun PvE times with Starfire Protocol, Ashen Wake, and Young Ahamkara's Spine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
drat so they're fully committed to leaving Stasis behind

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Stasis already has the shards, this update is mostly about giving the rest of the classes similar things

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SgtSteel91 posted:

Stasis already has the shards, this update is mostly about giving the rest of the classes similar things

Really? I would argue that the little spiritual successors to Elemental Wells are the least exciting parts of these new fragments which will take the gap between light classes and stasis and make it even wider

Plus like.. Bungie Buffs and Nerfs things due to usage, and I'm sure everybody noticed the trend in all those pictures they were posting on the last couple pages..

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's also going to get really annoying if each element has its own version of shards, so you need to keep a different armour piece for each subclass anyway. Loadouts might take some of that annoyance away, but it just seems classic Bungie 'left hand doesn't know what the right is doing' to make armour this weird in a different way after simplifying mod elements.

Bungie's design process seems to be to simplify the systems and get them to a lovely point of balance players are going to love, and then the night before release a mischievous elf comes in and adds a bunch of currencies and limitations so it's awkward as hell in practice.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Paracelsus posted:

Ember of Resolve is going to be fun PvE times with Starfire Protocol, Ashen Wake, and Young Ahamkara's Spine.

I mean it’s just a slightly easier Heal Thyself which already exists and you can use Today

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Really? I would argue that the little spiritual successors to Elemental Wells are the least exciting parts of these new fragments which will take the gap between light classes and stasis and make it even wider

Plus like.. Bungie Buffs and Nerfs things due to usage, and I'm sure everybody noticed the trend in all those pictures they were posting on the last couple pages..

Yes, a gap of... two or three new fragments

And I wouldn't put so much weight on those statistic, this entire seasonal track have been Light Subclass 3.0, so of course everyone is going to weight more to those subclasses as they try out the new toys

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I hope the whole "Strand wont have everything at launch" is more of a "Strand will have as much as Stasis did at launch" and the updates will bring it more in line with Light classes, with an additional hope that stasis gets updates too.

Though part of me wonders if Stasis has a lower priority because it's behind a previous expansion paywall.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's also going to get really annoying if each element has its own version of shards, so you need to keep a different armour piece for each subclass anyway. Loadouts might take some of that annoyance away, but it just seems classic Bungie 'left hand doesn't know what the right is doing' to make armour this weird in a different way after simplifying mod elements.

Bungie's design process seems to be to simplify the systems and get them to a lovely point of balance players are going to love, and then the night before release a mischievous elf comes in and adds a bunch of currencies and limitations so it's awkward as hell in practice.

I think they said during the armor rework that well mods are just gone. Armor mods might not work with shards/wells at all, or it might be "picking up any elemental shard gives you armor charge."

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

neutral milf hotel posted:

I had to look this up lol

i don't get it

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I still haven't even finished all the stasis fragment/aspect quests lmao

like, it's so bad when you first unlock it that just unlocking the upgrades for it seem like a stupidest time sink in a game that is ultimately a stupid, sexy time sink.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

That would be the engagement team, who are agents of Darkness and have been so since D1 launch day.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

dodgeblan posted:

i don't get it

minion

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
all of the horrible trends in maximizing engagement and squeezing blood from every stone are a direct response to the wants of destiny's terrible terrible playerbase who hates when destiny isn't a part time job for reasons I will never understand.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

oh lmao

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/DestinyBulletn/status/1623085341279236096?s=20&t=GAVvbfqNrO7mb0wNuChaIw

Tell that to Arc Hunters, then :manning:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SgtSteel91 posted:

of course everyone is going to weight more to those subclasses as they try out the new toys

That doesn't explain why void is so dominant, 12 months after launch. Solar was reworked 9 months ago. Arc was new in August so nobody has 'trying out a new toy' for 6 months now.

I agree that new things are more popular than old things (in a vacuum) but at the end of the day ya gotta face reality and notice that stasis is bottom of the totem pole. It's sad! But stasis fans should celebrate this truth & hope it gets the sorely needed buff it deserves

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Oxyclean posted:

I think they said during the armor rework that well mods are just gone. Armor mods might not work with shards/wells at all, or it might be "picking up any elemental shard gives you armor charge."

My takeaway is that wells are gone entirely, armor charge comes from orbs at first, there are more sources of orbs, and you will be able to invest in linking subclass pickups to armor charge via mods or fragments

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Light 3.0 definitely benefits from a "new hotness" but I feel like Stasis builds feel a little restrictive when they only have one super. I really feel like Stasis could use a more damage focused grenade as well.

haveblue posted:

My takeaway is that wells are gone entirely, armor charge comes from orbs at first, there are more sources of orbs, and you will be able to invest in linking subclass pickups to armor charge via mods or fragments
Yeah thats what I'm trying to say. Wells gone, but there's probably gotta be some extra reason to introduce pickups to solar and void?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
One thing I don't know about yet is if we're losing the ability to like... dip into other elemental concepts in PvE the way we can currently with Wells

Like I can run Arc, but with Reaping Wellmaker & Well of Tenacity, my thruster dodge will constantly have me crapping out purple wells that give me huge damage reduction

Or on void I can use explosive wellmaker & well of life to combine overshields & also healing

I know 'solar wells' are becoming 'solar dookums' and 'void wells' are becoming 'purple britches' or whatever, but it also seems like you won't be able to generate off-subclass Neo Wells, so probably no more Well of Life on non-solar and no more Well of Tenacity on Non-void etc

But also we have seen approximately dickall of the new mods so who knows

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

My gut instinct tells me you can dip into other elemental concepts... but only if you're with someone of a different subclass

So no dropping purple bitches if you're not running Void, but you can slot in the Well of Tenacity Mod and run with a Void Titan, who will drop them, to get the benefit

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Also, new Thread for Lightfall?

Just realized who the OP of this was...

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

SgtSteel91 posted:

Also, new Thread for Lightfall?

Just realized who the OP of this was...

new to these parts but:

:hai:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
yeah freeing the thread from the taint of rodd would be cool

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
Be careful; the bad poster debuff may spread from OP to OP.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Forward_Bee posted:

Be careful; the bad poster debuff may spread from OP to OP.

Just make sure you airlock the poop between phases

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'll throw something together later. Everyone post their favorite destiny gifs

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
All you need right here

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Posting smooth drifter is a bannable offense

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/chibirobo12/status/1619693846840938498?s=20&t=LzGfv1HC8KCgSQzPRdASXQ

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Posting smooth drifter is a bannable offense

a crime worse then small bart

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

haveblue posted:

I'll throw something together later. Everyone post their favorite destiny gifs

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I have an incredibly simple solution to the stasis problem.

Arc, solar and void are powerful because you get to choose two Aspects that wildly enhance your abilities, and all the while you're crapping out the new Flavored Elemental Wells

Stasis classes don't actually make Stasis Shards, by default. You have to run the Harvest aspect in order to make shards, which means you only have one Aspect enhancing your build.

Literally, delete these 3 Aspects from the game. Rip 'em right out, get 'em gone

Take the most underperforming Aspect from each class and give it that base behavior

Warlock Frostpulse - Activating your class ability freezes enemies. Freezing enemies creates stasis shards

Hunter Winter's Shroud - Activating your class ability creates a slowing burst to nearby enemies. Killing enemies affected by stasis effects spawns a stasis shard

Titan Howl of the Storm - Slide melee to perform an uppercut, freezing enemies & spawning stasis crystals. Shattering stasis crystals spawns a stasis shard. (maybe Cryoclasm is weaker? up for debate)

Then take the weakest poo poo fragments & gussy them up with some shard gen action too, so you can still spec into the neo well system even without running the Aspects above

Whisper of Fractures (-10 Discipline)
Melee energy recharges faster while you are near two or more combatants. hey how about we let this fucker make a shard when you shatter frozen enemies or crystals. That sounds like a Fracture to me

Whisper of Impetus
Damaging targets with a Stasis melee reloads stowed weapons and grants a temporary boost to weapon-ready speed how about it also makes a shard

Whisper of Refraction
Defeating slowed or frozen targets grants class ability energy what if it makes a shard too

Whisper of Bonds (-10 Intellect / -10 Discipline)
Defeating frozen targets with weapons grants Super energy and hell, why not spawn a stasis shard

Those are simple conceptual tweaks that I think would let stasis hang a bit more. Mostly PvE buffs too so no need to worry about Revenants becoming problematic. I also think stasis needs a 4th grenade that just Does Damage but that's probably more work than they're gonna give deprecated content

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Delete Diamond Lance, make it a grenade that does damage and also slows on impact

Replace it with Hoarfrost Z’s perk that turns your barricade into a Stasis Crystal Wall, works on both tower and rally

Make Hoarfrost Z’s perk into something else, I dunno increases Stasis Crystal health and reduce cooldown on Class Ability on each stasis Crystal destroyed or something

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Three weeks to release and already in We’re Listening damage control mode

https://twitter.com/destiny2team/status/1623429201696296960?s=46&t=bgr6DsJSUu4ZtL33MCmWhQ

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
But at the end of the day my guy is the guy with his fist on the cover :thunk:

Seriously was the most tone deaf comment.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Three weeks to release and already in We’re Listening damage control mode

https://twitter.com/destiny2team/status/1623429201696296960?s=46&t=bgr6DsJSUu4ZtL33MCmWhQ

It’s going to be Green Behemoth isn’t it?

Heavy attack to Freeze Suspend adds so you can attack them with Shatter Strike Frenzied Blade

Will do crap all to bosses

:sigh:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

SgtSteel91 posted:

It’s going to be Green Behemoth isn’t it?

I thought Behemoth was Darker-Blue Fist-of-Havoc Striker.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Looking a little boring in trailers is a small price to pay for being the most annoying motherfucker in pvp

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I'm gonna wait until I actually play the class before getting disappointed. I know that takes the fun out of gamerplaining, but I don't really have time for that anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I think the class is probably overall going to be good, it's just like jeez, another melee super???