Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Problem: For about a month now, when trying to run AMD Radeon Software, I get the following error:

It does point to an FAQ with some steps, but of course I looked up all manner of forums ahead of time to see what people have done, and I have not seen a single note of evidence that this permanently fixes the issue. Every post I've seen reports that following the FAQ doesn't work as the issue either stays or eventually returns. I've also seen workarounds like 'Use DDU and wipe everything', 'downgrade/revert display drivers in Device Manager' or 'block Windows display updates' (which is part of the FAQ), but I've not come across a post that said the issue never came back.

So, since this has popped up a few times elsewhere, I'm wondering if anyone here has dealt with it on their own and kept the problem from happening? Or is it a situation where I just temporarily stave off the issue long enough to run GPU driver updates and then have AMD Radeon Software be mostly non-functional?

Attempted fixes: Admittedly, none because I've seen a forum thread or two where attempting these fixes caused Windows to malfunction, so I'm hoping for some guidance or at least assurance of the least dangerous fix(es)

Operating system: Windows 10 Home

System specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor @ 3.79 GHz
32.0 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 5700

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes. My indecision over many different steps with seemingly no problem-solving solution is what's prompting this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU