Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who dey?
This poll is closed.
nobody 1 33.33%
nobody 1 33.33%
cowboys 1 33.33%
Total: 3 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

what'd you name the new one

they're all named Bela Lugosi, keep up with the lore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
even if it's just a temporary thread, we still need to heed Luther's warning, it's the most important thing in MRT's very artistic OPs

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1423355507587362828?s=20&t=uaYMXC0lEwFS_yTY2DKS8Q

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I feel like I picked a good time to get back into wrestling?

Hangman good. Jade good. I'm loving sold on this MJF kid. gently caress Kingston and Jericho, that fell flat.

Also we're only at 50% beef and that isn't fun.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
kingston owns, sorry

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So if Buddy Matthews is once again under the thrall of Malakai, who's daughter is he going to fall in love with to make him a face again??

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

AEW is really good at battle royales y'all

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jiro posted:

How long is each match for Revolution going to be if the card is this stacked???? Like I don't expect it to last until midnight but drat, some of these matches I'm concerned won't get that long.

Like the women's matches are the obvious candidates that will get cut for time and they're both championship matches

Hangman v Cole
Britt v Rosa
JE v RD v YB
Jade v Tay
MJF v Punk
Danielson v Moxley
Jericho v Kingston
AHFO v Sting/Darby/Sammy
Ladder Match

That’s 9, which is what they’ve had on the main card for most of their shows. You could add a House of Black/Death Triangle match on there and you’ve got a normal preshow+main card lineup. Not sure what else would get added at this point

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Walla posted:

I feel like I picked a good time to get back into wrestling?

Hangman good. Jade good. I'm loving sold on this MJF kid. gently caress Kingston and Jericho, that fell flat.

Also we're only at 50% beef and that isn't fun.

Go watch some of Eddie’s promos vs CM Punk from last year. He’s really, REALLY good

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I didn't like the Battle Royale that much until like the final 8 or 6 or so. The ending was fantastic though. At first I thought KoR was selling the trapped arm suplex from earlier when he was asking Matt for help which is why the ruse was so good. I was genuinely surprised when it ended like that

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Kyle and Matt Jackson simultaneously eliminating Santana and Trent is basically the entire history of the AEW tag division in a nutshell.

MJF pulled out the fire promo that turns him babyface a few years too early.

Danielson vs Garcia looked like one of those scenes from a movie where the protagonist's future self comes out of a time portal and beats the poo poo out of him. Wait are there any movies that do that?

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 24, 2022

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ReDragon are wonderful.

"I blacked out!"

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

Kyle and Matt Jackson simultaneously eliminating Santana and Trent is basically the entire history of the AEW tag division in a nutshell.

Gotta say, loved the pop for Santana and Trent having the face off. People remembering the brawl

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1496670777592238083?t=PJ7855WlfILvUFfpHx_mow&s=19

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'll be pretty disappointed if MJF turns around on that promo with a Gotcha, that was the most interesting thing he's done in a long time. That match is much better as Punk having to fight a sick dog he helped create back when he was early 2000s edgyman

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Gotta say, loved the pop for Santana and Trent having the face off. People remembering the brawl

https://twitter.com/Santana_Proud/status/1496656162753810436

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1496663013486518273?s=20&t=TpQ8DsqZ0Td5q9jgQ5ozmg

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Nothing against Kingston, he sounded great. The Kingston and Jericho promo just didn't land for me.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Kingston/Jericho segment was a whiff and it wasn’t all Jericho’s fault.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Jericho didn’t have enough material because he’s a washed up bum and eddies gonna murderize him!!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb posted:

The Kingston/Jericho segment was a whiff and it wasn’t all Jericho’s fault.

Your crazy. Blocked, reported, doxxed.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Warm apple night reference on commentary was delightful. The wrestling was good too!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

Your crazy. Blocked, reported, doxxed.

:blastu:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/Mei_gtmv/status/1496695874445266944?s=20&t=_BtZApJCQMnoeXx6VSOoFg

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The Jericho/Eddie segment was the second best thing on the show behind the Danielson/Garcia match imo.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Good stuff.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I was super glad to see Johnny Hungee get pushed so far in that Tag Team Battle Royale.

Butch looked loving great

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
ok, so did they try to use the codyvator for jade's entrance, but then it didn't work so they had to stall with some random camera shots until she was able to get out of the tunnel?

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Mjf needs to beat punk by knocking him out with a fist loaded with a roll of quarters. I'm so hyped for revolution already

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Some thoughts:

--The MJF promo was better than the Pipe Bomb. And it's going to be glorious when he shits all over us for falling for his crocodile tears. But still.

--Daniel Garcia has always been "meh" to me
Sure, he's good. I just can't bring myself to care.

--Im loving the nuance and the layers AEW puts in their amtches and storylines. Jade vs Bunny was the perfect example. You have two heels in there against each other, both cheating, both with scumbag managers. Tony respects us enough as fans to know that as long as the wrestling and the storytelling is good, we'll enjoy it even if it's heel vs heel without needing a babyface to root for.

--I believe that the World Title should always main event a PPV, but Revolution has 4-5 matches that could legit main event any PPV.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/andynemmity/status/1496682520787570692?s=21

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Walla posted:

Nothing against Kingston, he sounded great. The Kingston and Jericho promo just didn't land for me.

The first half was weird and kind of rough as it felt like neither guy was sure how much they wanted to be "shooting" but I thought the back half from both was good, but I can understand it not landing.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
Watching the MJF promo, and I feel nothing.

Telling the story of Jewish A.D.D. Rudy, and I'm just waiting for him to drop the "LOL, jk wrestling is dumb, AEW is dumb, and you're all dumb for liking it." The same poo poo he always does.

They decide "Nope, it's real, and Punk believes it."

Just... gently caress off with this guy already. Kayfabe all the time, except this one time? Just gently caress off, MJF.

We JUST had a Long Island tribute about how much he loved high school, like what, 3 months ago?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NutShellBill posted:

Telling the story of Jewish A.D.D. Rudy, and I'm just waiting for him to drop the "LOL, jk wrestling is dumb, AEW is dumb, and you're all dumb for liking it." The same poo poo he always does.

?????????????????????????????????????

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I thought he was going to do one thing but he did a different thing. A bunch of bull poo poo that pissed my rear end right off! Do the thing you always do, which I also don't like (???)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

... can we still have the Statlander vs. Willow Nightingale match anyway?

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i don't think aew can decide that his real life is actually a lie he made up to be a bad guy

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i knew MJF was going to do that thing he always does, but then he didnt do it. predictable bullshit.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Selachian posted:

... can we still have the Statlander vs. Willow Nightingale match anyway?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Alaois posted:

?????????????????????????????????????

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJF, just a guy who famously hates wrestling