Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who dey?
This poll is closed.
nobody 1 33.33%
nobody 1 33.33%
cowboys 1 33.33%
Total: 3 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yer telling me this wrestling bad guy is a good guy now?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I liked when Brody King steamrolled all the security guards.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

smarxist posted:

yer telling me this wrestling bad guy is a good guy now?!

You can still not like him.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Chud Man Punk got destroyed by the hero MJF tonight

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

LOL MJF was a "cm punk is a quieter" poster

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
MJF was CMPuke

Blankspot
Aug 23, 2007
Would you kindly...

Does AEW do package deals for PPV week shows? How early are pre sale codes vs announced sale days? I'm high on wrestling and want to make expensive decisions.
Multiple Oregoons here strongly considering the trip to Vegas for Dynamite, Rampage and Double or Nothing.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

i want to go matt lee mode

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Holy poo poo that MJF promo

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Blankspot posted:

Does AEW do package deals for PPV week shows? How early are pre sale codes vs announced sale days? I'm high on wrestling and want to make expensive decisions.
Multiple Oregoons here strongly considering the trip to Vegas for Dynamite, Rampage and Double or Nothing.

They've done Dynamite/Rampage/PPV ticket packages in the past, although as far as I know that's always been in situations where the PPV and TV shows were in the same arena. Not sure if doing different venues for DoN week will complicate matters on this front.

PPVs understandably sell way quicker than the TV shows do, so if you have to focus on scoring your PPV tickets first I don't think you should have too much of a problem getting Dynamite/Rampage afterwards, even if you have to settle for crummier seats. I know the TV shows the week of All Out didn't sell out even though the market for All Out tickets was nuts.

I thiiiiink they've been doing presales on Tuesdays before a Friday on-sale, so that would be March 1. Presale codes are super easy to find; you can sign up for the newsletter if you want but honestly it shouldn't take more than a second poking around Twitter to find one. I think PWTees on Twitter usually posts a code too

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NutShellBill posted:

Watching the MJF promo, and I feel nothing.

Telling the story of Jewish A.D.D. Rudy, and I'm just waiting for him to drop the "LOL, jk wrestling is dumb, AEW is dumb, and you're all dumb for liking it." The same poo poo he always does.

They decide "Nope, it's real, and Punk believes it."

Just... gently caress off with this guy already. Kayfabe all the time, except this one time? Just gently caress off, MJF.

We JUST had a Long Island tribute about how much he loved high school, like what, 3 months ago?

You are speaking as if you got worked. Did you get worked?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

i love getting worked. i love being a mark

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Dynamite was pretty good but it felt very very rushed.

I hated Ricky basically squashing 10. I don't understand why everyone loves Starks so much. I don't hate him but he's a tiny little annoying man who is very hard to take seriously. I don't think 10 is the greatest either but I wanted the theme of big beefy meat men in the Face of the Revolution match to be consistent. I hope Ricky gets crushed into pudding by all the other big beefer mans in that match.

Jade going over Bunny is a travesty but I get it. They can't just end Jade's streak after a couple title defenses. I'm really surprised Tay is going to be the next challenger because I figured either Tay or Stat is going to be the one to eventually beat Jade. Now I guess it's Stat because Tay is definitely not going to win. That kinda sucks but I also like green hair Jade so it is okay.

Tag battle royal was excellent. I loved everything.

House of Black vs Death Triangle was awesome too. Penta Oscuro blew me away. I am really not happy about YET ANOTHER lovely rollup win no matter who gets it. House of Black is my favorite but I get why they lost. No real biggie. Buddy Matthews in AEW is awesome but at the same time wasn't he the one to originally "injure" Malakai's eye? If so it makes no sense why he would join The House. Good to see Buddy Matthews in AEW. He looks awesome but he's gonna need a lot more tattoos . :xd:

Everything on the show felt very rushed. I'm guessing it was because the MJF promo ran long but a bunch of entrances afterwards felt rushed. Bunny didn't even get an entrance and that sucks.

Danielson/Garcia was really really good but not what I hoped for so I hope they either get a runback or Garcia joined Danielson. 2.0 are cool and I've really come around on them but Danielson will be a better dad and mentor.

Oh well. They can't all be bangers but I still enjoyed myself overall.

Also pre-emptive gently caress off to all the unfunny garbage shitposters who are going to try to make fun of me for having the gall to be even remotely negative about the show. Grow the gently caress up. It is OK to use your brains and think about thing and analyze things. You are turds. Huge buckets of turds.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

i love getting worked. i love being a mark

This unironically

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

House of Black vs Death Triangle was awesome too. Penta Oscuro blew me away. I am really not happy about YET ANOTHER lovely rollup win no matter who gets it. House of Black is my favorite but I get why they lost. No real biggie. Buddy Matthews in AEW is awesome but at the same time wasn't he the one to originally "injure" Malakai's eye? If so it makes no sense why he would join The House. Good to see Buddy Matthews in AEW. He looks awesome but he's gonna need a lot more tattoos . :xd:

There's no real answer on this yet, in Malakai's video before he debuted, it seemed to say that everything that happened in WWE was Tommy End having a mental health episode, and none of it happened. But it also seemed to say that Buddy DID injure his eye, and that Malakai had murdered/wanted to murder him. So...?????

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mods are asleep, post small ricky

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

Also pre-emptive gently caress off to all the unfunny garbage shitposters who are going to try to make fun of me for having the gall to be even remotely negative about the show. Grow the gently caress up. It is OK to use your brains and think about thing and analyze things. You are turds. Huge buckets of turds.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dimebags Brain posted:

I liked when Brody King steamrolled all the security guards.

It was funny that they all came down single file to get beat up.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

tiny wittle wicky stocks

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
I did not expect Buddy Matthews to get that crazy and sustained of a reaction, goddamn that crowd seemed hot all night.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shard posted:

This unironically

i swear to god i am never ironic. i have no higher level of functional thinking. i am a slobbering mark.

Stoked to buy revolution with doordash money

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Elephant Ambush posted:

dude if you're this self-conscious about posting that you're yelling at people in your head that are making GBS threads on you, you should maybe take a break from the aew threads for a while. there's nothing wrong with being negative but there's also nothing inherently wrong with people disagreeing with you and certainly nothing that should make you pre-emptively explode like this

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Tweak posted:

state of this temp thread

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Nothing more permanent than a temporary solution.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

If I was mjf I would deny I made this post. the grammar is atrocious. post could really use a period or two

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
People are trying the revolutionary strategy of posting out all their bad energy before the real thread opens. If this theory holds then we will have our most blissful week of posting on record

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

anyway great dynamite great matches great promos. ftr bald hits hard

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

If I was mjf I would deny I made this post. the grammar is atrocious. post could really use a period or two

Hey give him a break he's got learning disabilities.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ringo Roadagain posted:

anyway great dynamite great matches great promos. ftr bald hits hard

That's Dax Harwood, because his head is like a hardwood floor!

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
Lol people are actually believing MJFs promo was serious

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
Like I was waiting for the "haha jk" to happen tonight but I reckon it will be next week

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Ringo Roadagain posted:

just long term storytelling, friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y4zxcSuwlI

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Kukash posted:

Like I was waiting for the "haha jk" to happen tonight but I reckon it will be next week

when cm punk second guesses himself and gets a ring to the dome 😭😭😭

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I hated Ricky basically squashing 10. I don't understand why everyone loves Starks so much. I don't hate him but he's a tiny little annoying man who is very hard to take seriously. I don't think 10 is the greatest either but I wanted the theme of big beefy meat men in the Face of the Revolution match to be consistent. I hope Ricky gets crushed into pudding by all the other big beefer mans in that match.

Starks won because somebody has to be the Human Bat for the Big Boys.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

"left college" or "flunked out"

YOU make the call

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Kukash posted:

Lol people are actually believing MJFs promo was serious

the hate crime story and the 'cm punk made him both quit and get back into wrestling' are both true (the former he's talked about out of character). he's conflating it a bit with the image of him meeting cm punk for the promo, since that meeting was when he was like 11 and certainly not a footballer

like, mjf is probably going to try to use it to undercut punk and make him feel self-conscious to steal the win at the ppv, but it being real to mjf's character is true

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I'm almost surprised how everything worked as a whole with the end of the multi-tag match and the skirmish that followed it.

ReDragon loving the Young Bucks, setting up their direct confrontation in the future.
Hangman, getting revenge on ReDragon then having a neutral moment with the Bucks, showing that they could mend fences in the futures.
Adam Cole showing up to further the story of him challenging Hangman.
John Silver wiping out ReDragon, because he's Hangman's friend and was nearby already.
Story Time With Adam Page, a fiery babyface promo that not only made Hangman feel like a badass, but also made ReDragon show how protective they are of Cole, contrasting them with the Bucks who didn't care as much.

It's all inter-connected and logical. A+ booking.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Bobby Fish was my favorite part of Hangman’s promo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RandolphCarter posted:

he was delightful

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

RandolphCarter posted:

I was very neutral on Robert E. Fish when he debuted in AEW, my last memory of him was seeing him in NJPW matches, but boy oh boy, he's been real fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
where was danhausen? aew sucked because of that