Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Than you all for the support and donations!

Are there any resources for organizing help on the borders for arriving refugees? Like actually on location. I might be able to get to the Slovakian one but I've no idea if that would be actually helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

PM Mokotow, he did a refugee taxi lift on Polish border. From what I recall, he didn’t expect to have to wait 8 hours in the cold, and wished he had blankets, food, etcetera for that kind of situation. Also, there was hubris with some of the people he picked up getting actually shipped further onwards to where they were headed, with Mokotow having to figure out transport tickets and such.

So talk to Mokotow, and maybe give a call to your ministry of interior and Slovakian Ukrainian embassy or consulate.

Also if you end up doing this, let us know in the big thread as well. Some people will be happy to pitch in for fuel or what have you.
I just sent :10bux: to lowtaxJeffery for PM upgrade but Mokotow doesnt' have them lol.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to track him down in the thread somewhere.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Feb 27, 2022

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Today I was at a local nonprofit organizing some temporary housing and other support for refugees. I've no idea if anything of what you all have contributed made or will make it it to them but I'm sure it's enabeling other ngos just like this to provide the much needed services!

Loading and unloading vans of supplies
https://i.imgur.com/VQCMPb3.mp4

Propaganda cupcakes. We weren't allowed to actually eat them :v:

The housing is all dorm-style which I assume is only good for shorter stays, but there were tons of people cleaning everythign up to ensure it's fairly nice there

I haven't been downtown since the whole thing popped off, there's massive signs of support and protests everywhere. If only that did anything against tanks :smith:

Lady Demelza posted:

The second that Ukraine gets membership of the EU, it becomes eligible for all this support, and that means millions and millions for post-conflict rebuilding.
Was all of this Zelensky's idea for funding his Infrastructure Week? :thunk:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

After your raise is the hat still mandatory

No but you can still leave your hat on

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just saw my company was matching donations so why not

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

XakEp posted:

Maximilianovka and Vinnytsia - west of Donyetsk. The villages near them have been flattened so we're trying to get them out.

Holy poo poo, I'd definitely focus first on getting them into an EU country safely. No paperwork needed. I don't know anyone working that far East but I'll try to find out.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CommieGIR posted:

:siren: If you lost your gangtag due to the rash of avatar changes going around, let me know

To that end: We've slowed down rolling out the gang tags till things calm down.

I don't know if I ever got the gangtag but I certainly have this shiny new avatar

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I was going to donate my T61 from the collection but after using it a bit to get everythign set up, I think that would be quite rude :v:

So the T410 went off to a family from Kyiv with kids who need it for school work. You will be missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone been able to order from Ukrposhta recently? I've spent at least an hour creating orders in different browsers but it always fails at the payment phase with "error data for create recipient client" :(