Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I was meaning to round up some of the charity organizations I know, but the OP is really good, everything there. That Carrd link in particular is impeccable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sax Mortar posted:

Does being a monthly contributor to Doctors Without Borders get me in on this as well? I don't have a receipt handy right now because I'm not sure when the last one came in. Should have one coming up next month though.

I believe currently everyone can get one even by just asking.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

jonnypeh posted:

I've no idea what tag you lot are on about but how bad could it be.

It’s the gif in the OP.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BigRoman posted:

Is there a free image hosting site I can use that allows me to link a redacted pdf? imugr says it doesn't support the file type.

Just use snipping tool to make a screenshot.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

Than you all for the support and donations!

Are there any resources for organizing help on the borders for arriving refugees? Like actually on location. I might be able to get to the Slovakian one but I've no idea if that would be actually helpful.

PM Mokotow, he did a refugee taxi lift on Polish border. From what I recall, he didn’t expect to have to wait 8 hours in the cold, and wished he had blankets, food, etcetera for that kind of situation. Also, there was hubris with some of the people he picked up getting actually shipped further onwards to where they were headed, with Mokotow having to figure out transport tickets and such.

So talk to Mokotow, and maybe give a call to your ministry of interior and Slovakian Ukrainian embassy or consulate.

Also if you end up doing this, let us know in the big thread as well. Some people will be happy to pitch in for fuel or what have you.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 27, 2022

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cugel the Clever posted:

It's before 02/26 23:59 somewhere.

It’ll take some time afterwards to process the tags. The deadline was for receiving tags by simply asking.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

I just sent :10bux: to lowtaxJeffery for PM upgrade but Mokotow doesnt' have them lol.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to track him down in the thread somewhere.

Sorry :v: just post in EEPol then

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sir John Falstaff posted:

Please keep the thread open, though--I have a feeling people will want to give more before this is over.

It stays open. The only thing that’s over is gang tags disbursement without a proof of donation.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

XakEp posted:

I have family trapped in the Donbass region. We are trying to get them out, does anyone have any suggestions for how to get them refugee status and into the US?

Which city or settlement are they in?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

XakEp posted:

Maximilianovka and Vinnytsia - west of Donyetsk. The villages near them have been flattened so we're trying to get them out.

Oh yeah, your people in Maksymilianivka are right on the frontline. Not sure which Vinnytsa - the small one near Dnipro, or the big actual Vinnytsia near in Western Ukraine, but either is much safer. Your Donetsk folks should go to https://dn.gov.ua/ and call the government hotline, and Vinnytsa folks should do the same with their local authorities.

For Donetsk, it will probably be a drive through either Zaporizhia or Dnipro, then through Kryvyi Rih to Vinnytsia, later Ternopil - and then deciding which border to go through. If they don't have a car - https://www.facebook.com/Ukrzaliznytsia/ evacuation train then, with hopefully government-coordinated car lift to the closest train.

As for yourself, I'd say talk to your local (US) government to figure out what you should do, and which EU country should they flee to for ease of later paperwork (they can enter either with nothing but passport), but either of them will be a better option than living 4 km away from frontline. One thing you should also investigate, depending on what kind of information will your people receive from local authorities, is the capacity of border checkpoints, since some of them are utterly jammed.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh, by the way - I'm keeping the tally for this thread, the "official" one, so you need not spend your energy or time on it. Apologies for not warning you sooner.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It may occur to you, eventually, that the donation which caused this conversation was not to UCC. CUF is a separate entity, and it’s unclear if you or the 3 posters above are aware of that, or have read anything before posting. The supplied “evidence” likewise doesn’t talk about CUF at all, and it seems to be entirely a lucky coincidence that the two organisations are, in fact, affiliated.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Their post is clearly connected to Paul’s opener, on the second item.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Everyone who doesn’t explicitly say they’re against one is put into queue for a tag, to be clear. I don’t think tags are being processed at the moment, but that process will resume in due time.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

paul_soccer12 posted:

One of the charities the humble bundle gives to, razom for ukraine, are banderite affiliated

You can set it to only donate to the other 3 I think

What’s your evidence?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I’ll update the counter later this week, I think we’re at about 30k right now.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I've updated the tracker, we're at $33,845.66.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

god please help me posted:

I did donate some a couple dollars during my random paypal purchases, but I guess that was not enough for a gang tag. Alas...

For my next donation, are there legitimate places to donate money to have your custom message written on a shell? I saw this one here (https://t.me/s/combat_ftg) and wouldn't mind shelling out some cash to help Ukraine survive the invasion.

There are no legitimate places to do that.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alright, thanks. The allure of the UwU shell got to me, but now that I'm not posting late at night I would rather the money go directly to the Ukrainian government than some rando making a hustle. I heard there was some concerns about how various international donation agencies are sitting on unspent donations, so does buying a pack of "Russian Warship, Go gently caress Yourself" stamps go directly to the government?

If Ukrposhta sells them, yes, since Ukrposhta is owned by the state exclusively.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mikojan posted:

Not to be a nuisance but I did a donation on page 6 and I was wondering if my tag would arrive any time soon. No worries if it turns out to be a difficult technical issue, I can live without it. But the tag does look kind of sick tho.

I've filed yours, and I'd like to ask others to refrain from making individual requests in the thread. I'll comb through it by the end of the week, and file tags with everyone who has never received it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:siren: I've gone through every single post in the thread, and requested all outstanding gang tags – sending PMs to a few users with ambiguous preferences. Admin approval may take a few days. If you don't get one by the first half of the next week, I don't believe you should get one.

If you believe I've made a mistake by not granting you a tag, or by doing so, or I hosed up your title formatting, or you wanted to have your stupid newbie avatar removed, or something else – please PM me. To be clear on this one – if you've lost your tag on a red text, it will not be restored.

I've also updated the donation tally in the title.

Mikojan posted:

Hey thanks, and sorry about that. I’ve never had a tag before so I was sort of clueless about the process. Thanks for the effort you are putting in!

That's fine, especially waiting from page 6. I just posted that as an advance warning to avoid people piling up with their reminders.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 23, 2022

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hey there, I'm going to request my c-spam nazi avatar be blanked, and to get my ukraine gang tag back.

This is not the thread for asking that, and getting the gang tag is a one-time affair, as is customary for such threads. If you get a title change, it's on you to fix it for yourself afterwards.

With getting your current avatar blanked, I suggest you to PM a moderator of the subforum you got that in or just an administrator with your request.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Qu Appelle posted:

My job has 'Loyalty Points' that you can earn. You can then trade them in for swag, or donate them to organizations.

As this is a Ukranian based company? One of the charities they picked was 'Caritas Ukraine'. https://caritas.ua/

I donated to what amounts to $100 worth of points to them. They could use it a lot more than me; I don't need yet another tech t-shirt that I don't wear.

(Don't have a screenshot; I don't want to dox myself.)

Your contribution is noted and appreciated. However, for gang tags it would be only fair to apply the rules to everyone consistently. Hence, if you’re keen on receiving it, as an alternative to posting an appropriately censored receipt here, I can suggest you to PM the same to an administrator of your choosing, so that they let me know that I’m good to proceed.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Qu Appelle posted:

Oh, I'm OK on the gang tag. In fact, I already have it, thank you.

I just wanted to note my contribution for the total.

Haha, sorry, the app doesn’t show tags.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I've also taken some time today to double-check all contributions since the start of this thread. Having accounted for a few missed donations, and updated the currency exchange rates and recurring donations totals to reflect today, I'm delighted to update the thread total to $45,235.18.

I would like to thank everyone for their generosity, and to wish Ukraine a Happy New Year!