Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

stealie72 posted:

Could be Putin, continuing to fight the last war (3 wars ago?), trying to sway public opinion by trying to convince Russians that Ukrainians are coming for them at home, as though everyone isn't watching the war live online?

it's my understanding that the russian public is trying their hardest to not know what's happening in the war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Hekk posted:

Sounds like the GBS Ukraine thread is opening back up. There is going to be a single post here notifying folks and asking for feedback.

As a rule, none of the IKs or Mod have any issues with other sub forums. We just aren’t them and have our own rules and cultural norms. Please don’t derail this thread with comparisons between us and GBS. Feel free to hang out here. Or there. Or both places. Everyone is welcome here. We just expect you to not poo poo up our little corner of the forums.

I thought making GBS threads in inappropriate places was a soldiers solemn duty

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Cimber posted:

Well, considering that reportedly the ammo supply was cut, I would imagine that either Putin ordered it, or jealous generals did it and Putin went along with it.

It depends on who you believe. Prigozhin(sp?) claims they were cut off entirely while the MOD put out a statement/ inventory dispensation that says they were shipping Wagner the same supply counts that every other unit was getting, it's just far less than when Wagner was getting priority.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Cythereal posted:

I'm also legitimately curious how many of these disasters might simply be the result of poorly maintained facilities manned by poorly trained and motivated workers suddenly receiving orders to drastically kick up production due to wartime and things just breaking. From what I understand of Russia, it sounds plausible that many of these places would have been chugging along more or less 'fine' under previous conditions, but if orders come down to actually make these places produce as much as they're supposed to on paper, that could be a recipe for a lot of industrial accidents.

I worked in a detergent production facility in America that had a particular air handler that would eat itself and light on fire on a yearly basis. I guess it's cheaper to pay to get it extinguished than figure it out, the building was twenty years past its projected lifespan anyway. So, uh, any sort of ignoring maintenance issues really resonates with me.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Cimber posted:

Can i evangelize on sous vide potato and carrots?

why the gently caress would you sous vide veg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

I think that Trump returning as president for a second term is more or less inevitable at this point.

We can't get complacent but good lord why would you reach this point