Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

80 year old dude that probably didn’t get much sleep last night is probably a little tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I wonder how much loving different things would play out if Trump were in office. “No, we aren’t supporting them. It’s their battle. I’m withdrawing from NATO.”

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Are we sure the Russian nukes aren’t just made of paper mache at this point?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

CommieGIR posted:

They already have openly confirmed Ukraine is not their final goal, its just a large part of it, including threatening Sweden and Finland.

No poo poo? They aren’t members of NATO either. Yikes.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Marshal Prolapse posted:

The man has a huge set of loving balls. This is the first time he’s been back in his office since invasion.

https://youtu.be/STN4_VmHPzA

From reddit:

quote:

All speech is Ukrainian.

Here it is, evening Kyiv, our office.

It’s a Monday evening, and you know, we’re used to saying that Monday is a difficult day, but the country is at war, so every day is a Monday - every day and every evening. And today, it’s the twelfth.

The twelfth evening of our fight. Our defense. We’re all here, all working, everyone is where they need to be. I’m in Kyiv, my team is with me. Territorial defense is in place, the soldiers are at their positions, our heroes, doctors, rescuers, diplomats, journalists. Everyone.

All of us are fighting. All of us are contributing to our victory - which we will, without a doubt, have. With the strength of weapons, and with the strength of our army. With the strength of the word, and our diplomacy. With the strength of spirit that the former, and the latter, and each of us has.

Look at our country today. Chaplynka, Melitopol, Tokmak, Novotroitske, Kherson, Starobilsk. The people have defended themselves everywhere, even though there are no weapons there. But they’re our people, hence they have the weapon - they have their courage, dignity, and ability to go out and say, “I’m here, this is mine, and I won’t let you have my city, my people, my Ukraine.”

Every Ukrainian that yesterday, today, and tomorrow will protest against invaders is a hero. We shout at the invaders together with you, we stand at the squares and the streets together with you, we are together with you and not afraid when the invaders open fire and attempt to disperse everyone. You do not retreat, and we do not retreat.

And the one who kept saying “We’re a single nation” has surely not expected such a powerful reaction. At the South of our country, such a powerful national movement has unfurled, a powerful show of Ukrainianship which we’ve never seen before, which for Russia is a real life nightmare.

They forgot that we’re not afraid of AvtoZAKs [prisoner transport] and police batons, we’re not afraid of tanks, we’re not afraid of guns when the most important, the Truth, is on our side. Just like now - Mariupol and Kharkiv. Chernihiv and Sumy. Odessa and Kyiv. Mykolaiv, Zhytomyr, and Korosten. Ovruch, and many more cities.

We know that the hatred that the enemy has brought into our cities with bullets and bombs into our beautiful cities will not be allowed to stay. Not a single trace of it will be left. We’re not about hatred, that’s why there won’t be a single trace left of the enemy. We will rebuild everything. We will make our cities that the invader ruined better than any city of Russia. Energodar, Chernobyl and other beautiful places that the barbarians tried to capture and control for no apparent reason, without any understanding.

Your work, your conscientious work at the critical objects is the real heroic deed, and we see it. We are deeply grateful for it. The Ukrainian Army is holding their positions - great job - it’s dealing incredibly painful hits to the enemy, protecting, counterattacking. When needed - they even avenge. Absolutely, for every evil. For every rocket and a bomb, for every ruined civilian object.

Today in Makarov, Kiev oblast, they shot up a bakery. What for? An old bakery. Think about. Why the hell would you shoot a bakery? Who do you have to be, to do something like that? Or ruin yet another church in Zhytomyr oblast. The church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, built in 1862. This is inhumane.

We had an agreement about humanitarian corridors. Did it work? No, instead what worked was Russian tanks, Russian GRADs, Russian mines, they even mined the road that we agreed to use for products and medicine. For the people, for the children, in Mariupol. They even destroy the buses that are to be used in evacuation!

But they do it in such a way that a tiny corridor towards the occupied territory gets opened. For just a couple dozen people, not even towards Russia, but towards the propagandists - straight into their TV cameras. To say, “look, who’s saving them”. Just cynicism. Just propaganda. Nothing more. No humanitarian meaning.

Today the third round of negotiations took place in Belarus. I’d love to say “the third and final”, but we are realists, so we will keep talking, we will continue to insist on negotiations until we find a way to say to our people, “This is how we’ll come to peace.” Exactly “to peace.” We have to keep in mind that every day of our fight, every day of our resistance creates better conditions for us, a stronger position to guarantee our future - in peace. Again, in peace. After this war, except the fallen people and destroyed cities, also leaves in its wake destroyed passions, that used to seem so incredibly important, but nowadays are all but forgotten.

Almost 3 years ago, just after the elections, we entered this building, this office, and started to plan our move. I dreamt of moving away from Bankova st., together with the administration and parliament, to unload the city center and overall move to a modern, transparent office, as is fitting for a progressive, democratic, European country.

Now I will just say this. I’m staying here. I’m staying in Kyiv, on Bankova, without hiding. I’m not afraid of anyone, as long as is needed to win this patriotic war. Today I signed an order to celebrate with national awards 96 Ukrainian heroes, the people of our army.

[Names - translation by u/MeekoTheDog]

Of them, awarded with the Order of Bogdan Hmelnitskii of the 2nd class is major Sahun Oleksandr Oleksandrovich - commander of a mechanized tactical battalion that stepped into a battle with an enemy battalion tactical group and prevailed, while displaying exemplary leadership and tactics. Captain Sylivakin Rostislav Oleksandrovich - captain of a mechanized battalion who successfully fought against a superior force that was attacking villages and cities near Sumy. Awarded with the Order of Bogdan Hmelnistkii of the 3rd class is lieutenant Lozuvii Igor Sergeiivich, who successfully stopped an enemy column consisting of nearly 150 vehicles that was moving on a route from Zhytomir to Kyiv and was destroyed. Lieutenant Poturemits Vitalii Victorovich that was injured while showing wisdom and cold bloodedness in destroying a column of enemy vehicles near Kyiv. Awarded with the Order of Muznisti of the 3rd class is commander of automobile unit, master-sergeant Berelyuk Valentin Victorivich, for who’s brave and decisive deeds, a tank unit held its position and destroyed the enemy. All of our 96 heroes are like these 5.

Our gratitude to all of our soldiers. Our gratitude to the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Our gratitude is unmeasurable. Glory to Ukraine!

nwin fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 8, 2022

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Uh so doesn’t that sound like Russia has a whole lot more people/resources to expend?

I can’t tell if he’s actually deployed 100% of his resources or not, though I think the first tweet mentioned that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Flikken posted:

Or search and rescue ships after climate change ramps up storms on the Great Lakes. Does the coast guard operate anything big on the Great Lakes?

Yeah, some icebreakers.