Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Russian tanks on a bridge under fire. gently caress yeah

https://youtu.be/WtGvgZC2PfA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Jake Tapper / CNN: Russia has taken over Chernobyl, confirmed by Ukraine govt

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
He's probably gonna try to talk to Xi and somehow convince him to join the west in sanctions.

I'm betting they're negotiating. I bet China says "okay, if we do that, you stop defending Taiwan.

Idk I'm just tired as gently caress

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

maffew buildings posted:

I'm 38 and tired I'm not holding that one against the 80 year old man who sleeps way less than me ever.
Yeah same.

As much as I hate him for the poo poo he does or didn't do (promises he didnt keep), I think it was a good speech and I think he's trying his damndist to get the EU on board with getting them to cut off Russia from SWIFT. It seems like he wants it, but the EU arent ready for it yet.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Just.... for the completely uninitiated, what's special about a Javelin? I get that they're a shoulder mounted antitank weapon, but what I seem to be understanding from all of you, and reality, is that they are very, very good at this?

https://youtu.be/VVRhbfi_65o

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/XiPfhIXF1vU

A great video explaining how the Russians modernized their infantry. This is a vastly different army from the one in Georgia in 2008 and even the 2014 "separatist" invasion.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
A good update / summary as of 1300 hrs On 2/24 EST

https://youtu.be/Dz2JsCrNaAE

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
And they permabanned him. gently caress that sucks.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

McNally posted:

Strictly speaking he was already perma'd and they were permabanning an alt, which is what's always done. But yeah, the optics of it are bad and that's something the admins have never been good with.

Ah, ok. Didn't know he was already permabanned.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
GIGN uses a kickass revolver

https://youtu.be/O0w2x3COYlk

https://youtu.be/P1zEUGck8NE

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

psydude posted:

Re: Alpha Group assassination plot. This might have been what the US was alluding to earlier.

Here's a half-serious Tom Clancy question: would the US take it upon itself to neutralize the threat through covert means? I've gotta imagine there's an enormous number of Ground Branch assets there right now.

I'm no expert, but I read a LOT of books, both from the military side and the intel world, particularly from memiors of CIA guys and gals. I also listen to podcasts that have a lot of former CIA and / or SOF people. Spycast, The Team House, are both excellent podcasts to listen to. Suffice it to say I have zero experience in the IC or military, so I may be waay off.

Here's what I think. I'd say its a good bet that we have Paramilitary Operations Officers on the ground helping Ukraine. Operating under Title 50, they can conduct deniable covert action like that. The DOD operates under Title 10, which doesn't cover covert action / deniable ops (though I'm sure the line has been crossed plenty of times during the last 20 years). Unless the CIA "sheep dips" active duty SOF, there are at least supposed to be limits on what the military can do. There's 20 years of precedent for the CIA taking active duty guys and putting them under their authority and control. If they are indeed there, the PMOOs would likely have ground branch guys there to protect them.

I think it might be a bit too risky for the DOD to have sent in any SOF to directly support the Ukrainians. The only Tier 1 unit I could see being inside Ukraine is ISA / Gray Fox / TFO guys collecting information and SIGINT to pass along to the UA.

I'd also bet my life savings that the NSA, CIA, and NGA are watching every move the Russians make via spy satellites, analyzing all of their equipment, structure, tactics, etc. There has to be an enormous amount of all the INTs (SIGINT, MASINT, GEOINT, ETC) that'll take a long time to analyze.

Keep in mind I don't know poo poo about gently caress and I'm going on hour 10 of 16 hours of work

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 26, 2022

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Here's a really good podcast by a top CIA guy on his book The Spymaster's Prism, about Putin, and how he thinks. It's a really good book.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0PvUi7jUMw58QfuWE70ABP?si=6MB235hPSCC_9Fp1L0wr_Q&utm_source=copy-link

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

psydude posted:

I just saw unverified footage of Ukrainian troops with a captured Russian T-72. The radio was still functioning and belting out Russian comms.

The Ukranians should start telling the Russians to defect and join them. And/or poo poo talk them like the Chechens did in Grozny.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Anyone have any good Twitter accounts, YouTube channels, or good resources that'll give daily updates on Ukraine?

S2 Underground is a great resource. It's a channel run by what has to be former Army intel from the way he talks and all the drat PowerPoint slides. He's way conservative and an anti vaxxer, but his intel updates are excellent and he keeps his politics out of it and only reports facts.
https://youtube.com/c/S2Underground

The OSINT Technical guy on Twitter is really good too.

Any others?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

-Anders posted:

I made a list of those I'm currently following. There might be a few Danish language tweets in there every once in a while though.

https://twitter.com/i/lists/1497123237804793876?s=20

mmtt posted:

Study of War gives detailed military situation updates on a daily basis https://www.understandingwar.org

For hour per hour updates from the Ukrainian perspective https://kyivindependent.com/national/russias-war-on-ukraine-where-fighting-is-on-now-feb-27-live-updates/

For the latest latest, you need to dig a bit more for Discords & Telegram groups. The risk is you'll find unverified or fake intel. Western OSINT tends to check a bit more but even Twitter lags behind Ukrainian Telegrams.
That's great! Thank you both so much!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
The amount of intel their HUMINT assets are giving them has to be massive.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

Gotta admit, with Putin talking nukes — again — Bored’s prepper posts are looking a little more relevant. Even if the sunshine doesn’t land within 1000 miles, if it happens ANYWHERE, even once, the world is gonna be crazy for a while. Kinda scary escalation because the angry old embarrassed man might just do it.

I hope to God I'm wrong.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Marshal Prolapse posted:

So how hard are DIA (Or whoever would handle opfor tech analysis) and all the stuff being abandoned by Russia… and with the gracious permission of our allies going to be shipped to United States? Like I mean seriously this must be a Goldmine just in terms of actual battle data or US top of the line and NATO top of the line antitank weapons against Russian tanks.

I was thinking the same thing. Weapons analysts and military analysts from DIA and CIA must be pretty excited to get poo poo shipped over here once this war is over.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Some decent info from Chris Cappy

https://youtu.be/xKFSK_9e-g4

That video came out yesterday on Sunday. But in it he confirms that two amphibious landings were done by the Russians, that one was successful and one was not.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

CBJSprague24 posted:

That seems like it's a long way from Brad Colbert longing for a ja-la-pen-o and cheese in Generation Kill.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBVHLKM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_8R67GZ4TX73GA8ZS5G2D

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Hahahahhaha

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Can some of you watch this video and give me your thoughts?

I find it highly likely that he's correct. He posits that we're going to see a spike in gas and food prices, and that there will be second- and third-order consequences to shortages around the world because of the Russo-Ukranian war. That there will be scarcity of certain food items, higher prices, shortages of fertilizer due to lower production of LNG (fertilizer being a byproduct of that) leading to lower crop yields. He says that some of these things are already built in and are already happening, and he says that larger effects are likely, but not guaranteed.

I have my own biases on prepping, and I tend to have a pessimistic view on things, maybe due to my anxiety. Prepping helps allay my fears of not being able to support my family in a disaster, man made or natural. So given these biases that I have, I'm wondering if any of you guys think this guy is unreasonable, or fear-mongering. He's pretty much the least fear mongering, least clickbaity, least chuddy prepping channel on YouTube. But maybe I am allowing my biases to blind me.

Here's his video. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts
https://youtu.be/SCdkemFFvVk

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

psydude posted:

For the average developed country, the increased food prices likely will be annoying, but manageable. What it's going to do, though, is cause widespread famine in the developing world, which will further fuel instability (particularly when combined with the accelerating effects of climate change). In the developed world, it will likely push countries and states that are heavily reliant on sales tax or VAT to lower those in order to offset price increases, which may lead to austerity measures or further deficit spending.

The rise in fuel prices is currently linked to instability in the commodities market. It will be hard to see how they may change in the long run until the markets settle down. The EU is incredibly exposed to this at the moment, and they will likely be forced to sacrifice tax revenue by reducing fuel and utilities taxes, or somehow greatly accelerate their renewables transitions. The Biden administration will probably be forced to start approving more drilling permits/leases due to mounting political pressure. It wouldn't really do much to alleviate problems in the short/middle term, but it will probably calm markets a bit.

Here's some analysis from The Soufan Center on exactly that (the energy market)
https://thesoufancenter.org/intelbrief-2022-march-1/

IntelBrief: Ukraine Invasion Clouds the Global Energy Picture

quote:

Bottom Line up Front

Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has caused European leaders to accelerate efforts to find alternatives to supplies of Russian natural gas.

Initially, Western leaders had hesitated to impose crippling sanctions on Russia’s energy sector because of the European energy dependency on Russia.

The global energy market would require significant adjustments for alternative suppliers to compensate for Russian gas exports.

Several countries in the Middle East and North Africa could potentially help alleviate any significant gas shortages in Europe.

The unexpected failure of intensive U.S. and European diplomacy to deter Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has convinced European leaders to reduce their dependency on Russian exports of natural gas—the main energy source for the continent. However, solutions are neither simple nor quick. Russia produces 17% of all natural gas and 12% of the world's oil. It supplies about 40% of European Union countries’ natural gas, some of which flows through pipelines that cross Ukraine. Russia’s gas conglomerate Gazprom has refused over the past several months to provide any more than the amounts specified in long term contracts, causing natural gas prices in Europe to increase significantly. Russia’s unprovoked invasion of Ukraine caused gas and oil prices to spike further; the price of crude oil initially increased to over $100 per barrel after the Russian assault began, a level not reached since 2014. In November 2021, according to the Energy Information Administration (EIA), the United States imported about 600,000 barrels per day of Russian oil.

The invasion represented a severe enough challenge to European security that leaders of Germany, despite initial hesitancy, suspended final approvals to activate the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline from Russia in response. However, the dependency on Russian energy contributed to the decision by the Biden administration and U.S. partners in Europe not to impose sanctions on currently active infrastructure and supplies from Russia. Withholding the imposition of crippling energy sanctions on Russia deprives Western leaders of key leverage. Revenues from oil and gas exports provide more than a third of Russia’s government budget, and Russia has largely failed to diversify its economy away from dependence on hydrocarbon exports. Comprehensive energy sanctions on Russia would, in the view of some experts, impose costs on the Russian economy sufficient to cause Russia’s President Vladimir Putin to limit the objectives of his Ukraine offensive and deter further Russian aggression beyond Ukraine.

The outbreak of actual conflict has intensified Western discussions to arrange alternative energy sources, particularly of natural gas, even though Russia has not, to date, cut off or reduced its energy exports. Western leaders appear convinced that they must secure gas supplies that could compensate for Russian exports, should the conflict in Ukraine expand or President Putin decide to cut off or severely reduce Russia’s energy exports. Easy and quick solutions might be elusive, although some countries are positioned to help alleviate, but not totally resolve, an energy crisis in Europe. Aside from the imports from Russia, European countries import some natural gas from the United States. Australia, a U.S. ally and a major natural gas supplier, agreed to increase supplies to Europe, if needed.

The United States has looked to the energy-rich Middle East and North Africa (MENA) as a potential source of new supplies of natural gas. In late January, President Biden held a short-notice summit with the Emir (ruler) of Qatar, one of the world’s largest suppliers of natural gas, focused on whether Qatar might potentially be able to compensate for any loss in Russian gas supplies to Europe. However, Qatar’s responses illustrated the difficulty of reorienting the global energy market, particularly in response to a crisis that arises quickly. Qatar’s Energy Minister Saad al-Kaabi explained on February 22 that it would be “almost impossible” for Europe to replace its gas imports in the event Russia decides to clamp down on supplies amid a worsening Ukraine crisis. While not ruling out additional Qatari supplies to Europe, the minister added, “There is no single country that can replace that kind of volume, there isn’t the capacity to do that from LNG (liquefied natural gas)... Most of the LNG is tied to long-term contracts and destinations that are very clear. So, to replace that sum of volume that quickly is almost impossible.” The minister’s comments indicated that, in order for a supplier such as Qatar to provide additional natural gas to Europe, some of its existing customers, such as India, South Korea, and Japan, would have to agree to accept a reduction of their gas imports from Qatar under existing contracts. Doing so would create shortages and spike prices in those countries, causing their leaders to hesitate to cooperate in a redirection of Qatar’s gas exports.

Among other countries in the region, Algeria is already the European Union’s third largest gas provider (behind Russia and Norway), supplying approximately 8% of the EU’s gas supplies in 2021 via pipelines across the Mediterranean Sea. However, Algerian politics and its regional policies could hinder its ability to scale up its exports. Similarly, some experts consider Libya as potentially able to help ease a shortage, given its strong gas production and close proximity to the continent. However, Libya’s political instability make it a troublesome energy partner, and its ability to increase exports of gas is limited.

Even though solutions to the European dependency on Russian energy supplies are not readily available, the Ukraine crisis has instilled momentum in the long discussed, but heretofore stalled, effort to diversify Europe’s energy supplies. Over time, European leaders will likely be able to secure alternative supplies through long-term contracts. The Ukraine crisis will also reinforce the already clear commitments by European leaders to invest in renewables and other climate-friendly energy solutions. The decisions by key energy companies like British Petroleum and Shell, which are canceling joint ventures with Russian energy companies like Gazprom, are also further going to impact global supplies and damage Russia’s role as a key energy supplier. Still, it is certain that President Putin’s assessment of European energy dependency on Russia factored into his calculations of the likely consequences of invading Ukraine.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Immanentized posted:

Generally the concepts make sense but he's way overblowing the second order stuff, especially on a global scale. Europe is in for some shocks but North America, Asia, and Australia should be relatively insulated against the secondary shocks.

Furthermore the food inflation is effectively priced in already, while we can probably expect to see costs rise it won't be sharp.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I watched it. Yes, he presents his material in a calm and well thought-out matter and the dude isn't ringing any major Chud alarm bells, but at the end of the day, prepping is His Thing and he's still extrapolating things out to their worst case scenario. The urge to go RAHHHH must prep for everything! is understandable during times of uncertainty, but don't let it become a source of anxiety in and of itself. Unless you have a rural homestead with a storm basement stocked to the rafters (something that probably even 99.9% of the weirdest Doomsday Preppers don't have), there's no way you can be 100% prepared for everything at all times.

All you can really do is be proud of making a concerted effort to keep your family safe in weird times and have faith in what you've already done or are currently doing. This isn't the time for big, sweeping gestures (i.e. buying a bunch of poo poo because I Think I Need It Now) but to keep calm but alert and keep pushing on. I do think that we could be in for some weird weeks ahead, but not as bad as what this guy is saying, but I'm going to continue to try living my life as normally as possible while trusting that everything I've done is enough.

This goes for everyone and not just you, but I'd highly recommend taking a doomscrolling break every now and then. If you don't have one within petting distance, YouTube is full of videos of cute animals.

Thanks for the reality check, guys. I really, truly appreciate it.

I think I'm going to take a break from watching the news or this thread constantly. The doomscrolling is definitely not doing me any favors. I took a break last night for a date night with the old lady and it was a great night.

I think you're right -I just need to keep slowly adding to my preparedness level in both skills and supplies at the same rate I was doing before the whole war kicked off, not make any huge purchases, and just prepare as best I can while living my life. I really want to get to 3 months worth of supplies, but that's not realistic with the space constraints I have in my apartment. I have approximately 3 weeks worth of food, maybe a bit less, 2 weeks of water for 2 people, 3 ways of making water safe to drink, and $1000 in cash in a safe. I'm better prepared than most, and I guess I should take comfort in that.

You guys are right. Life's stressful enough without adding to it needlessly.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Proud Christian Mom posted:

stop mainlining youtube self-defense and prepping videos

What's your solution? Bury your head in the sand and not prepare at all for man made and natural disasters?

You know, you seem to have a personal problem with me. It feels like you always have a snarky comment, a put down, or a criticism. Be honest. Do you just not like me? If I'm so insufferable, please, put me on your ignore list. I don't need criticisms taking me down a notch when I already have mental health issues and already am a worse critic of myself than anyone else ever could be.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 1, 2022

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

brains posted:

just want to revisit this old chestnut from last month, as russian forces prep to enter kyiv
https://twitter.com/LucasFoxNews/status/1491029914497449986?s=20&t=Qv3YfgmHJ-nBZDwnW_xHCw

Holy gently caress their tactics are garbage

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Good update from ISW

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-march-1

quote:

Russian forces are completing the reinforcement and resupply of their troops north and west of Kyiv and launching an envelopment of the capital likely aimed at encircling and ultimately capturing it. This effort will likely accelerate in the next 24-48 hours. Russian operations against Kyiv are Moscow’s main effort. Russian troops are also undertaking three supporting efforts, one to seize Kharkiv, one to take Mariupol and secure the “land bridge” connecting Rostov-on-Don to Crimea, and one to secure Kherson and set conditions for a drive west toward Mykolayiv and Odesa. The three supporting operations are active, with the operation against Mariupol making the most progress in the last 24 hours.

The Russian attack on Kyiv likely consists of a main effort aimed at enveloping and ultimately encircling the city from the west and a supporting effort along the axes from Chernihiv and Sumy to encircle Kyiv from the east. The long Russian column of combat and logistics vehicles north of Kyiv is likely setting conditions for the envelopment to the west, although it could also support attacks directly into the city from the positions Russian forces maintain in Kyiv’s northwestern outskirts. Russian forces are more likely to pursue the envelopment/encirclement than a direct assault into the city.

The Russian military has continued using area-attack weapons in the city of Kharkiv, dramatically increasing the damage to civilian infrastructure and civilian casualties. Russian forces have not reportedly attempted large-scale ground operations against Kharkiv in the last 24 hours but are likely instead using air, missile, and artillery bombardment to set conditions for a renewed ground attack sometime in the next 24-48 hours. Russian ground forces appear likely to conduct another frontal assault on Kharkiv from the northeast rather than attempt to envelop or encircle the city.

Russian forces in the south appear to be holding their positions south of Zaprozhya, fighting to reduce Ukrainian positions in Kherson and seize that city, and encircling Mariupol to set conditions to seize it. Russian operations in the south do not appear to pose an imminent danger to Odesa within the next 24 hours. A Russian drive north through or near Zaprozhya to cut off Ukrainian forces fighting along the line of contact also appears very unlikely in the next 24-72 hours.

Russian troops claim to have encircled Mariupol and have reportedly entered the city of Kherson in the south.

Russian forces are receiving needed supplies and reinforcements that may facilitate much more rapid and effective operations in the coming 24-72 hours. The Russian effort around Kyiv remains poorly organized, however, with elements of many different battalions combined into what seem to be ad hoc groupings rather than operating under standing regiment or brigade headquarters. The initial errors in the Russian force composition and organization in Belarus and western Russia that ISW has previously reported on, which contributed to Russian logistical and operational failures around Kyiv, will be difficult to remedy quickly and will likely continue to cause friction and reduce the effectiveness of Russian operations even as supply issues are addressed and reinforcements come into the fight.[1] It remains too early to evaluate the likely effective combat power the added Russian troops will bring.

Key Takeaways

Russian forces are setting conditions to envelop Kyiv from the west and attempting to open up a new axis of attack from the east that would let them encircle the capital. It is unclear if Russia has sufficient combat power to complete such an encirclement and hold it against Ukrainian counter-attacks.

Russian forces will likely launch a renewed ground offensive to seize Kharkiv following the air/artillery/missile attack it has been conducting in the past 24 hours.

Russian and Russian proxy forces will likely solidify the “land bridge” linking Rostov-on-Don with Crimea, allowing Russian forces to move more rapidly from Rostov to reinforce efforts further west.

Russia’s successful seizure of Kherson city may allow Russian forces to resume their interrupted drive toward Mykolayiv and Odesa.Belarusian forces have likely entered the war on Russia’s side despite denials by the Belarusian president.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Hekk posted:

There are lines NATO haven’t crossed yet. If for example, NATO piloted aircraft started flying sorties within Ukraine, it’d certainly be an escalation that I have no idea how Russia would respond to. They are running out of non nuclear responses though.

There's always crippling each others' countries via cyber attacks on critical infrastructure. Which would, eventually, escalate to nuclear attacks!

It's genius!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
gently caress yes

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1499052393069260807?t=12GNcq5lG7WjjqPsIJGoJg&s=19
https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1499072643508678664?t=7GaHO6BaLGdAEIPF23EoEw&s=19

Now go after Russian money backed GOP fuckers and douchebags.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Another really good video by Task and Purpose / Chris Cappy

https://youtu.be/K5BAZ2bBUzM

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Intel uodate as of 3/02

https://youtu.be/D5tilAZLZ4Q

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Dick Ripple posted:

Who is this S2 Underground guy? A lot of videos are, uh, interesting and I think will probably put me on a list somewhere if I start watching them.

In regards to NATO sentiment, here in Austria to no ones suprise joining NATO is still unpopular. However, there is a lot of talk about getting serious about the defense of the EU and some sort of formal EU defense force.

He's an anti mask chud through and through, but he has great information on war, communication, GPS, etc. He mostly keeps his politics out of the videos but some are blatantly obnoxious. I think he's former intel.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Gas is up to $4.30 where I'm at. It jumped overnight from $3.70 ish.

Things are going to get dicey for people living paycheck to paycheck. Chuds are gonna complain that it's all Biden's fault. But we can't let Russia get away with this, and we can't exactly start WWIII over it, so we'll just have to endure.

I'm afraid that we're not a society built for coming together and persevering through hardship together. This isn't gonna be like America in WWII with victory gardens and rationing. This isn't going to be London during the blitz. We're too tribal, too divided, and we have far too many delusional pieces of dogshit that will blame any and all hardships on Biden and the Dems alone.

I don't think things are going to go well in the mid terms.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

What happened to the giant Russian armored convoy anyway? I haven’t heard updates but given the track record probably out of gas or stuck in some insane traffic/wreckage snarl?

The more worrying version is that we’re not hearing much because it’s staging for a push into the city and I’m really really not looking forward to finding out what happens to civilians stuck inside the first full scale modern peer urban battle.

Given the track record so far hopefully it’s a giant traffic jam.

It's probably both. They are definitely staging for an attack into into Kiev. They are probably trying to go for a full encirclement before they move in. Only problem is they seem to be waiting for the the troops in the South to move up, and perhaps some troops in the northeast. The latest S2 Underground video paints a pretty likely scenario.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

M_Gargantua posted:

Can we just disband and rehabilitate all the active duty SEALS already? They need to be de-programed and reintegrated into society and kept away from sharp objects for the rest of their lives.

Put them through the psychs that do the psych test for the Green Berets and you'll weed out 70-90% of the sociopaths.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I’m intrigued by this, can you tell me more about this?

Green Berets are in the news for war crimes, drug dealing, regular crimes and illegal killings significantly less than SEALs are. There still are plenty of examples, it's just way less than SEALs.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 4, 2022

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Oh I know I meant more about the evaluation itself and what they look for and ask.

Oh, sorry. I don't have any inkling as to how it's different - it's just that they seem to be able to weed out psychos slightly better.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Naked Bear posted:

I'm bleeding, making me the victor!

Weeeoooweeeeoweeeeeooooweeeeeoooooooo

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Goddamn the footage coming out of how hosed Kherkiv is, just obliterated :smith:

Holy gently caress the whole city is destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
If my back wasn't broken making me half of the man I was I'd be tempted to go to Ukraine to help in any way I could, spending my life savings to bring suitcases full of tourniquets, combat gauze / quikclot, NPAs, gauze, etc.

Instead I sit here and watch innocent people suffer.

Does anyone know any actual good charities to help these poor people? Gonna trow $100 their way. I heard the Red Cross isn't good to donate to.