Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i watched the IGN YouTube review of Elden Ring by FROM Software with scenario writting by George RR Markien and it looks very cool. like it looks huge and awesome world...the kind of world you just want to chill and eplore. like horizon.

but dark souls and bloodborne are just, not my thing. i dont like hard boss figths.

i see that elden ring fnally adds a map feature which, thank god, but does it also have a easy or "story" setting for dumb idiot babys like me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:gitgud:

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

play ultima V instead

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
its as easy as you want it to be.

just go with the flow.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

the open world nature seems to present a lot of ways to progress at your own pace and get stronger to make parts too hard a little easier. the best way to play these games is at your own pace, they leave a lots of ways to tweak difficult for yourself.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

no, you have to find a big strong gamer man to help little ol you, op.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
FROM's whole thing is, "You can't play our games for anything other than memorizing enemy attack patterns."

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010
git gud!

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
from games are not hard they just kill the player a lot

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

You just have to die a lot. If you keep playing you can't help but get better and progress it's nearly impossible to make your brain work differently.

Exactly how much dying is up to personal skill but even the twitchiest of twitch streamers die a lot their first playthrough.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Have you played Breath of the Wild yet? Plenty of chilling and exploring in that one. It's good enough to buy a Switch just for that one game alone.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Think you'll be happier pirating the game than buying it OP

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
These games have always had an easy setting

It's called multiplayer

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

just play rocket league instead

it takes a little while to figure out which slurs you can spam at quebecois teens and not get banned but its all worth it in the end

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yes it does OP.

It's called 'Not Buying It'. Look how easy that is.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
No it's a very serious game for very serious gamers. No casuals, girls, gays, employed people, party goers, et cetera et cetera allowed!

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

this seems like a game where the more i read/discuss about it online the less i'm gonna enjoy it

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Turn off you’re monitor. :hmmyes:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Some people like to play hard games and some people like to play easy games, and that's ok. What's bad is either group demanding all games be hard or easy, and I say this as someone who can't really play hard games.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sheldon Bazing

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I assume summoning is still a thing? Then the answer is "yes", OP.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Have you considered Animal Crossing op?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
elneern ring is unpack rn

c u fucks never

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
All violent videogames are childish male power fantasies for some of the worst people (gamers) and should be chided, ridiculed and banned imo

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

All violent videogames are childish male power fantasies for some of the worst people (gamers) and should be chided, ridiculed and banned imo

I see you're filling in for Yaldabaoth since they made a good post instead of the usual.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
fart

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

just play rocket league instead

it takes a little while to figure out which slurs you can spam at quebecois teens and not get banned but its all worth it in the end

Can I find a list on gamefaqs?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Have you tried asking the PS5 thread? I bet they’d be interested in this topic.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

No, but have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMO Final Fantasy 14 that has a free trial up to level 60, including the award winning expansion Heavensward, with no limits on playtime?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Go into the ini files and edit spawnrate to 0, now it's easy!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

if you play with the voice controls it's pretty easy

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
If you enter the konami code at the start menu you can unlock the 'developers' setting, which is how they intended it to be played.
All the enemies just have nice conversations with you. Sometimes humors, sometimes philosophical, sometimes just shooting the poo poo.
Anyway that's was the proper designed game.

From just put in all the fighting difficulties settings to waste the lives of those who thought violence was the answer, and to help teach them it's not fun.

That's been froms main motivation from the start, they've mentioned it in many many interviews, but like gamers man. What ya gonna do.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

if you play with the voice controls it's pretty easy

I've been yelling KILL MYSELF! KILL MYSELF! at my guy and he won't do it. I hate how sensitive these stupid things are to wording

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

The game is rigged. But you cannot lose if you do not play.

- Marla Daniels

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

Yes it does OP.

It's called 'Not Buying It'. Look how easy that is.

i'm having a hard time with this strategy. the reviews are glowing. i... i think... i think i'm.....

ugh, i bought it

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
just watch some other person play it on youtube

it will save you a lot of time and stress

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
can you play this game as a pacifist???

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

play red dead 2, it's fun to explore

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
In Iron Pineapple’s review he mentioned how you could return to areas overleveled and two-shot bosses, which would never be possible in previous souls games, so I guess that means you might be able to grind your way to easy mode in this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
oh nice, I didn't know they made a new elder rings game. I loved skyrim!