Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
if this is meant to be emulating punpun then it's a poor successor. it goes too far into dirge too fast and the title character's tonal dissonance with the rest of events is a one-note joke that loses its effectiveness halfway through the second chapter

also the art kind of sucks but there aren't many manga that measure up to asano's stuff on that front

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
so it views everyone with giant blocky heads and pez-dispenser necks?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
some real “my mother is also named martha” energy in that ending

the whole thing felt like farce aside from azuka’s situation

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i've read all of asano's work except DDDDDDD (did i spell that right) and should really get on that sometime

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
punpun is a very lengthy slice-of-life story whose characters are all gorgeously drawn and detailed except for the protagonist (and family), who is a little doodled bird that routinely talks to a cutout photo of a man in an afro and spends a lengthy series of chapters as a floating triangle of varying dimensions

i think even SHAFT would back away from that and go "not for us, thanks"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
excellent, pity that tatsuki fujimoto devoured its soul to grow more powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

me at chapter 110 of punpun: "oh hey, maybe this is going to have a happy ending after all"

"Hello, Punpun."