Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Cephas posted:

this is.... Good Night Punpun: The Next Generation

Goodnight Punpun is easily the best comparison.

Punpun is also possibly my favorite manga, and Takopi has really grabbed my attention so far. Chapter 4 is a fuckin wild ride and hits like a truck.

ORIGINAL SIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I like the art

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

No Wave posted:

So (spoilers up to chapter 11) it seems like he went back in time after something went wrong with Marina, and we're about to find out what that was?

I'm wondering if Takopii hosed up trying to make Marina happy, and led her down the path to becoming a bully. Now he's loving up and leading Shizuka into becoming a paychopath

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Read Fire Punch

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh hey, seems this isn't over, it's getting a funny spinoff that's sure to be really good!
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1509548270309236737

yes I'm fully aware what day it is in Japan

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1509548422600265731?s=20&t=h9ympg77d1jndTnLpH_8zw

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Apraxin posted:

Dunno if you might've heard already, but they announced a week or two ago that it's getting an anime adaptation.

I've read Asano isn't a huge fan of anime adaptations so this is surprising! Maybe that was just in the context of Punpun though? Either way that's rad, I'll need to read it to get up to speed, I think I've read everything he's done aside from that.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
This is now the Inio Asano thread

How'd everybody like Downfall?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

The Voice of Labor posted:

me at chapter 110 of punpun: "oh hey, maybe this is going to have a happy ending after all"

Lol

Lmao

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Really though, the back-to-back two-page spreads in that chapter are a real loving gut punch, one of the hardest in the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Get your own Takopii

https://twitter.com/game_watch/status/1576778967821918208?s=20&t=vc_Nm8ocn2Fu-IYHYNlelw