Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
(Content Warning: this is a manga dealing with heavy topics such as child abuse, bullying, and suicide(including a depicted suicide early on). It's a compelling story and does not handle these tactlessly, so just a heads-up for any who need it.)

Takopi's Original Sin (Official English) is currently running in Shounen Jump+ and as of today also runs in Manga Plus for English readers.
It's a manga about the octopus-looking Takopi, an alien from a planet where everyone is happy and technology is indistinguishable from magic:

Along its journey Takopi meets a troubled young girl named Shizuka on Earth in the year 2016. Seeking to bring her happiness, Takopi follows her to home and school to uncover the source of her somber expressions.

The story that unveils is an exploration of human darkness that shakes the utopia-bred Takopi. But our protagonist refuses to give up.

Can Takopi find happiness for children who bear the full weight of society's troubles?

-----

Anyway this manga is really good. Thought I'd make a thread for people to post their impressions as new chapters come out in English. I've been following it through the Japanese releases and the mangaka Taizan 5(a rookie talent afaik) is very good at turning the blacks and whites of manga into light and darkness within the pages and the characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i also had that post in my head but refrained

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Yeah plus maybe some other household problems

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014