Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Come to Philly baby

G-Hawk posted:

this is a big deal and whichever teams plow money into youth scouting are gonna run the league in 10 years

Spend money lol jk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I'll always be of the opinion that having Piotr Nowak, who once told an opposing player to "go back to Africa" during a preseason game, as his first manager probably did more to gently caress him up than anything else.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Crazy Ted posted:

I'll always be of the opinion that having Piotr Nowak, who once told an opposing player to "go back to Africa" during a preseason game, as his first manager probably did more to gently caress him up than anything else.

Feelings are not part of the job description

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Feelings are not part of the job description
When he managed in Philly he forced players to go on a ten-mile run sans water as a form of punishment, and he also revealed that he thought concussions were literally not a thing that existed.

There some was other fun poo poo that came out in his post-firing lawsuit. I want to say something along the lines of a motivational tactic of his being to punch players that he felt weren't paying enough attention during practice.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

We didn't even take 6 points from Vancouver this year.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
If I didn't know any better I'd say Cavallini was trying to find a way to not play for the rest of the season: https://streamja.com/0Ovwg

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

show me where FIFA has made it illegal to double-jump

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Playoff schedule announced:

Conference Quarter-finals (doubleheaders)
October 15 on Univision
October 16 on ESPN
October 17 on FS1

Conference Semi-finals (doubleheaders)
October 20 on FS1
October 23 on ESPN

Conference Finals (doubleheader)
October 30 on ESPN/FS1

MLS Cup Final
November 5 on Fox

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Do the #1 seeds have a month off like last year

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

A week off.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Revs rip

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Edward Mass posted:

Unless, of course, it’s Dallas.

:hmmyes:

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

in case you missed it,

https://twitter.com/JDNalton/status/1566693941138923520

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

apparently Houston has sacked Nagamura

https://twitter.com/soccermattersGD/status/1566912169375109120

He was kind of an uninspiring hire and I don't think has done anything to convince, but I also am not sure he has done much wrong and was handed a pretty big turn around job. I guess i'm fine with sacking him but im curious if they have someone else teed up already

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

G-Hawk posted:

He was kind of an uninspiring hire and I don't think has done anything to convince, but I also am not sure he has done much wrong and was handed a pretty big turn around job. I guess i'm fine with sacking him but im curious if they have someone else teed up already

His team let Nouhou score, and then proceeded to lose to Seattle who had lost 7 out of the previous 10 games. That's pretty much grounds for firing for any coach.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

Uninspiring but he'd done a fine job with Swope Park/KC II considering their front office was having him play mostly teenagers in a senior-level league for four years. Granted that Houston's bottom of the West but I'm still surprised they didn't give him at least a full season.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh hey, a very popular sports YouTube channel just posted something about MLS...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlIrFR2E-tw

...oh...

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

https://www.atlutd.com/news/atlanta-united-suspends-josef-martinez-for-one-week

OK, I just started following MLS. Where would I find out his contract info or how trades work in general? I'm assuming this means he's on the way out...is that so?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

According to this this article he's still got one more year on his deal, which is currently paying him $4M/yr. Any trade would require the other team to take on his salary, so he's basically unmovable within the league.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

...Granted, with the state of Atlanta this season, Pineda could be out the door first anyway. Maybe Atlanta can bring back Tata after Mexico sack him in December

I wouldn't be surprised if Martinez is playing elsewhere (outside the U.S.) next year though.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

If I didn't know any better I'd say Cavallini was trying to find a way to not play for the rest of the season: https://streamja.com/0Ovwg

4 games total, so he'll be available for Vancouver's last 2 games this season.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

whypick1 posted:

4 games total, so he'll be available for Vancouver's last 2 games this season.

Did DisCo not punish Yearwood for kicking the ball into the stands

:psyduck:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/OptaJack/status/1568774024930512896?s=20&t=5Au6XMnkeWlizG_SooaMQQ

The win also assured that they can't win a fourth straight Wooden Spoon

:unsmith:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
DC is starting a CB too young to drive tonight, and, OP, I hope he does well because I really need RSL to lose tonight

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Sep 11, 2022

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/FelipeCar/status/1568786971002019841

RIP Pineda.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Top selling jerseys this year

A hearty lmao at all the people who bought Bale jerseys when he's not even going to be in the league in 2023.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

https://twitter.com/OptaJack/status/1569878499745320960?s=20&t=B64X4oSix9wW1rzApIKlXg

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Article on Marcelo Balboa and Richard Fleming's last broadcast for Colorado happening today. Mentions Apple looking to recruit 5-7 pairs of English and Spanish broadcasters but nothing on if any of the current broadcasters are being considered/have applied.

Bit of a shame, they were definitely one of the top broadcasting duos in the league year-in year-out.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

MLS teams without a hat trick:

Austin (2nd season)
Charlotte (1st season)
Portland (12th season)

One of these things is not like the other...

lol Portland

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
So FC Cincy cant get the wooden spoon and we might actually make the playoffs, this is loving amazing

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

whypick1 posted:

lol Portland

how about instead of laughing you tell your boys to somehow whip rear end the next couple of matches so the Timbers are booted out of playoff contention JEEZ

also ran into a guy at a show last night wearing a DCU kit and chatted about dedication to teams despite how much shithousery happens in front offices and poor coaching. not an easy time to support that team right now, woof

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

whypick1 posted:

Article on Marcelo Balboa and Richard Fleming's last broadcast for Colorado happening today. Mentions Apple looking to recruit 5-7 pairs of English and Spanish broadcasters but nothing on if any of the current broadcasters are being considered/have applied.

Bit of a shame, they were definitely one of the top broadcasting duos in the league year-in year-out.

Shame if that's true but I'll be happy if I can just watch the Rapids again, gently caress Altitude and gently caress Comcast.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Watching FC Dallas and I just know in my heart of hearts I'm being fooled again.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

whypick1 posted:

MLS are looking for 10-14 broadcast pairs (I feel like they would need slightly more than that) and I hope that's room for some of the better local teams around the league, though I know it won't be the same in terms of fanbase, team, and commentary crew getting to know each other and establishing a relationship etc. I hope the games will at least be called onsite!

probably still worth it in terms of killing blackouts, etc, as much as I dislike Apple!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Every away game I've been to for the Sounders this year they've lost.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Taxi Fountas was removed from the game today when being accused of dropping an N bomb against Inter Miami players. I guess he and Ravel, the dirtbag domestic abuser, can go have dinner and chat about it.

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Sep 19, 2022

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I just found out RSL now play at America First Field :wtf:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Edward Mass posted:

Lads, it's Utah.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

The weird thing in this case being that it's not a slogan or a MAGA company or anything, but a credit union that has existed since the 1930s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

https://twitter.com/TUDNUSA/status/1573136302429638656

(RSL lost 2-1 because LigaMX had to eventually win one this year)