Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Having seen them both in person, Inter is worse than Cincy.
Here's the thing: Inter Miami is a lifestyle brand masquerading as a soccer team while Cincinnati is earnestly trying to compete in MLS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

whypick1 posted:

LA Galaxy and LAFC will be playing a friendly against Chivas and Club America, respectively, at SoFi Stadium (where the Rams and Chargers play)...a venue that FIFA deemed unsuitable for soccer matches due to field dimensions...the Rams are owned by Stan Kroenke, who also owns the Colorado Rapids and goddamn Arsenal...

:ughh:
Your quote before the ... makes it look like this would be a 22v22 exhibition match of utter chaos, and hell I'd be down for that.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 15, 2022

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The whole thing where the Quakes dropped relatively big money on a relatively big name for a manager only to spend next to nothing to give him something resembling a squad that he wanted has been just incredible.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ciprian Maricon posted:

They want 70 loving American dollars for a random Wednesday night, they are INSANE
Against the Liga MX All-Stars.

Then again, they've probably priced the tickets at that because there are just enough idiots to pay that price and fill a 20,000-seater for a ~~~~special event~~~~.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

whypick1 posted:

He's talking about DC's friendly against Bayern, not the All-Star Game.
oh well same idea lol

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

70 to see Bayern live does not strike me as particularly out of line, to be honest
I'm going to disagree and say that for a friendly it's still stupid.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Pungry posted:

Is it late enough in the season to start being worried as a Sounders fan?
No because it never seems to matter how awful they look to start the season.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Yeah baseball stadiums are poor venues for soccer for the same reason they were poor venues for NFL games when it wasn't the #1 sport in the USA: seating/viewing angles are weird.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

threeagainstfour posted:

Galaxy gonna miss the playoffs again because Chris Klein keeps burning DP slots on guys like Douglas Costa and Kevin Cabral (on a five year deal!$
The best part is that Klein blew a DP slot on a player like Costa who has legs made of balsa wood and then he goes down injured for the Galaxy and we're supposed to act shocked.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Landon Donovan is apparently one of the finalists for the Earthquakes job.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ciprian Maricon posted:

gently caress me the DC soccer "press" as it is is just absolutely milking Rooney, like a loving article a day from everyone its silly
Well, why wouldn't they? This feels like it came pretty much out of nowhere.

Also :lol: at Colleen

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

whypick1 posted:

I don't care how cliché it is, I'm going to sit here and pout about Seattle probably not making the playoffs this year and none of you can stop me.

Feel free to throw this back at me if Seattle makes it to #2 in the West as seems to be the norm.
It's Brian Schmetzer. His whole thing with Seattle has been lovely first halves followed by amazing form and a deep playoff run.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shammypants posted:

Sorry, it's not 1,000 seats, it's 10,000 seats with expansion potential to 15,000 or more. This to my knowledge has nothing to do with the Revs.
A 10,000-seat stadium in Pawtucket? The hell?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I'll always be of the opinion that having Piotr Nowak, who once told an opposing player to "go back to Africa" during a preseason game, as his first manager probably did more to gently caress him up than anything else.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Feelings are not part of the job description
When he managed in Philly he forced players to go on a ten-mile run sans water as a form of punishment, and he also revealed that he thought concussions were literally not a thing that existed.

There some was other fun poo poo that came out in his post-firing lawsuit. I want to say something along the lines of a motivational tactic of his being to punch players that he felt weren't paying enough attention during practice.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

apparently Houston has sacked Nagamura

https://twitter.com/soccermattersGD/status/1566912169375109120

He was kind of an uninspiring hire and I don't think has done anything to convince, but I also am not sure he has done much wrong and was handed a pretty big turn around job. I guess i'm fine with sacking him but im curious if they have someone else teed up already
Uninspiring but he'd done a fine job with Swope Park/KC II considering their front office was having him play mostly teenagers in a senior-level league for four years. Granted that Houston's bottom of the West but I'm still surprised they didn't give him at least a full season.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

I just found out RSL now play at America First Field :wtf:
The weird thing in this case being that it's not a slogan or a MAGA company or anything, but a credit union that has existed since the 1930s.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

oh my god just relax the roster rules for once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If MLS wanted to change handball penalty rules for example, are they able to do so on their own, or would FIFA tell MLS to gently caress off
99% positive they'd need to get approval from FIFA to try it on an experimental basis.