Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knuthgrush

Be brave; clench fists.

biosterous posted:

this is my lovely pocket knife that is incredibly dull and thus very safe. it can cut tape and it it's going along the seam it can tear cardboard good enough for me to break down boxes. i've got an actual boxcutter lying around somewhere if i need something more extensive but i don't have a pic

did it come with a winchester branded pouch? i think i have that same knife on the bag i used to carry when i cycled everywhere. the pliers were decent in conjunction with my chain break if i had issues with my drivetrain on the fixed gear i used to have.

ty heather paps for the rockin' summer sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat

Areola Grande posted:

real, actual knives u own. internet knives aren't acceptable ITT

my lime knife. it's been in my family for 4 decades and it's dull as hell

sup

biosterous

knuthgrush posted:

did it come with a winchester branded pouch? i think i have that same knife on the bag i used to carry when i cycled everywhere. the pliers were decent in conjunction with my chain break if i had issues with my drivetrain on the fixed gear i used to have.

idk i got it from a dollar store like a decade ago

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

:cheers: kudos 2 u poverty goat. it's a drat good knife am I right :ese:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

JNCO BILOBA

hell yes knife thread. I learned everything I know about knives from the other thread over the years. i wonder how much money that thread has cost me.

poverty goat

these are probably my top 3 but mostly the henckels santoku if I'm just making a sandwich or something because then i can leave it in the sink, put it in the dishwasher, who cares. the nice santoku or veggie cleaver come out for big prep sometimes

i had a small knife problem for a little while but now i can safely say I never use almost all of these

poverty goat

Areola Grande posted:

:cheers: kudos 2 u poverty goat. it's a drat good knife am I right :ese:

it has stood the test of time that's for sure

Heather Papps

hello friend

Sarah Cenia posted:

my dad gave me this fairbarn-sykes fighting knife from world war 2. british commandos liked it cause they could gut ya like a kipper

i am extremely jealous, one of my maybe someday purchases is a legit f-s stabber

gonna have to do a wrangling of all my edges. because i have young niece and nephews visiting pretty frequently i've had to hide most of them.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Finger Prince

This my knifes:

Left to right -
1) an incredibly sharp, awesome knife I got from an actual blacksmith near where my sister lives in Japan. This is for when I need to do some fancy choppin'
2) Ballarini santoku. Wanted a decent santoku for a while, this one was super cheap at the henkels outlet. Great for everyday choppin'
3) Henkels 4* chefs knife, got as a housewarming gift with 4) many years ago. Multi-use choppin' and slicin' knife. Sometimes a western profile is what you want.
4) lil' Henkels 4* that's not much use for much but good for quick little tasks like cutting up chaucuterie or whatever. Needs sharpening.
5) Victorinox bread knife I bought recently because I left my bread knife behind when I moved. Offset handle is useful, but too short for big loaves
6) Ballaneri bread knife. Bought with 2) because it was sooo cheeeap! Longer blade good for big loaves.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
:aaaaa: I'm jealous of ut r knives :worship:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

alexandriao

i don;t hsve a knife but i do have a wife op i hope this helps ur mission

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

alexandriao posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tagnCKatOsg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

alexandriao posted:

that's not a woife

*pulls out extremely long wife*

THIS is a woife

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
that's not a wife, it's a goon!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps

i bought this little svord a while ago and its a great knife. also cheap so I dont have to worry about losing it too much

if you get one w/ a red handle it kinda looks like a chili pepper