Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Activisionary
Oct 20, 2013

Decided to hit up the local Barnes & Nobel (Which imho is actually a pretty decent place to find albums rather cheap, but some of the prices, hoo boy)

Riot! by Paramore
- With the absolute trash cover by MGK I decided to give this album a listen, and quite enjoyed it. Then I saw it for 7.99 so figured, why not.
Fragile and Close to the Edge by Yes
- In all honesty I already owned Fragile on vinyl, but wanted a cd copy in order to make digital copies for my walkman, and CttE was near by and only 5.99, so again, why not.
Holy Diver and Dream Evil by DIO
- HOLY loving poo poo IS THIS A MF JOJO'S BIZZARE ADVENTURE REFERENCE IN THE GOD drat MUSIC HAUL THREAD???
yes kinda.
Will admit I was made aware of Ronnie James Dio via Dio Brando, but I have never listened to his music, and again (this is going to be a reoccurring theme of this post specifically and any other B&N posts) they were 5.99 and 6.99 respectfully, so, again, why not.
Out of the Blue by Electric Light Orchestra
- Am vaguely familiar with this album due to multiple songs on it (i.e. Turn to Stone, Sweet Talkin' Woman, and ofc Mr. Blue Sky), so picked it up for a cool 4.99.
Dangerously In Love by Beyoncé
- Has Crazy in Love on it, and I lowkey really wanna listen to more of her music.
Led Zeppelin IV by Led Zeppelin
- Heard someone recently refer to this album as very good and it has Stairway to Heaven on it, which I guess was enough for me to drop a cool 16.99 (the most expensive album here). It's the 2-disc special edition. I saw the 1 disc version but it was like, 14.99, which cool two extra dollars and get an extra disc of outtakes and the such?
Pure Heroine and Melodrama by Lorde
- I adore both of these albums. I originally hear PH because at one point google gave it out for free on the play store or the Google Music Store, and it just clicked for me. Melodrama is one of the best albums of the 2010s and I own it now three times (two vinyl and now cd). I even went to see the Melodrama tour (where the opening act was Run The Jewels), such an amazing tour! Would have all her albums on cd if Solar Power didn't do the bs "cd boxset without the cd" release and I actively cared about that album!
Moving Pictures by Rush
- Finally a cd I have seen at the store so many times, such a great album. Tom Sawyer, YYZ, Limelight, just tremendous songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I got a small bit of money recently, and decided to use it to get some stuff room my Discogs wishlist that was moderately expensive.

Fake Shark Real Zombie - Meeting People Is Terrible
(What a horrible way to start my list.)
I’m not a huge fan of this band at all, but I have this one by them (and won’t get any more). It’s been in my collection for a while thanks to the Rock Band video game, and this Japanese edition has some bonus tracks.

Nine Inch Nails - We're In This Together (CDs 1 & 3)
Nine Inch Nails - Every Day Is Exactly The Same
I’m trying to get all the NIN Halos, and I don’t have any songs in my iTunes from EDiEtS. Plus the Japanese version has exclusive bonus tracks. Already had CD 2 of WiTTN.

Arctic Monkeys - Humbug
Another album I’ve had in iTunes for a while and wanted legit. Japanese album has bonus tracks too.

Firewind - Burning Earth
Firewind - The Premonition
Hard to get in the US, and this seller has two of the three I had downloaded. Cheesy throwback metal.

Foo Fighters - Times Like These
Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench
Japanese singles that has tracks the US or UK versions don’t. Foo Fighters are my favorite band, so I spent more than most to just get one or two tracks per disk.

Incubus - Monuments And Melodies
Two disk all compilation. Half greatest hits, and half B-sides. Got it for the deep cuts, and the Japanese version has bonus tracks on each disk.

Free Spirit - Pale Sister Of Light
Another Rock Band game track. Had it downloaded forever, can’t find it in the US.

I also got an import order in from the UK for A Place To Bury Strangers’ See Through You on picture disk vinyl with two flexi singles.

Basically if there’s a bonus track I have more money than sense.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Oh boy.....I've been on a discogs buying binge this past year. Lots of new (old) albums. Usually starts with looking for a specific album that I've wanted....and then adding to the order when going through the sellers other items. Several albums bought are just replacing lost/damaged CDs from younger years.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That person must have been happy to get rid of some of those albums like the Hoobastank ones.
(We would make good Last.fm friends.)

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

IUG posted:

That person must have been happy to get rid of some of those albums like the Hoobastank ones.
(We would make good Last.fm friends.)

Eh....when shipping costs are fixed and the price of the CDs is a couple dollars....who really notices. Also....I like Hoobastank. So it may be a win/win.

And incase you judge me more.....I see your avatar. Futurama is easily my favorite animated show of all time. We can be friends even if you don't like the stank.

RestingB1tchFace fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 28, 2022

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

On a related note....getting my hands on the 'Fair To Midland' CDs was a nice happening. I knew a few of their songs prior....but both of those albums are great. Start to finish. I'm really bummed that they never caught on.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I got my order in from OK Go’s sale they were having on their official store. I missed out on the main albums, so I picked up a bunch of singles, and odds and ends.

Do What You Want EP - CD × 1 $2.50
The Pink EP (2001) - CD × 1 $2.50
180/365 (live album) CD - Each × 1 $5.00
Of The Blue Colour Of The Sky CD (Extra Nice Edition) - CD × 1 $6.00
White Knuckles 10" Vinyl - $5.00

They threw in their first single for free. I didn’t order it because it’s just two tracks from their first album though, but nice to add to the order.

I also put in a Discogs order to the The Brown EP, just to have both of them. That order also included:

Dredg - Live Performance At The Henry Fonda Theatre (DVD, Promo, NTSC)
Nine Inch Nails - Live: Beside You In Time [HD-DVD Sampler] (HD DVD, Promo, Smplr)
Parliament - Funkentelechy Vs. The Placebo Syndrome CD

I’m collecting all the NIN stuff, and thought the HDDVD would be fun to have as a laugh at that price.

j o y c e
Jan 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
none. they stopped making my music in 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Activisionary
Oct 20, 2013

Just got back to my hotel room from seeing Godspeed You! Black Emperor and have some merch to show!

CDs of
- A# F# ♾️
- Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven
- Yanqui U​.​X​.​O.
- ALLELUJAH! DON'T BEND! ASCEND!
- Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress
I already had a CD copy of G_d's Pee AT STATES END! and they didn't have "Luciferian Towers" or Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada on CD (only Vinyl).
Also one (1) black tour shirt.