Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Why has EC3 gone full Ultimate Warrior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

I hope despite all the other stuff going on these competitors are able to stay fokked.

Fokked: focused.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

He was probably also really high when they reached out.

Big Damo said, paraphrasing, "I used to work for WWE, so, I'm already used to doing work for and getting paid by lovely people who believe bad dumb things. Why would this be different?"

I don't assume everyone visiting the paywindow here is signing off on every dumb thing EC3 believes.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

This attitude only works if you're in something big like WWE. CYN isn't even like Chikara level yet.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

At first I thought it was smart when Adam Scherr was charging such a big appearance fee, but it's clear now that he vastly overestimated the appetite there was for him on the indies. Braun Strowman seemed like a big star to me when he was fired, but it's clear his value did not carry outside the WWE.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

CYN is like if the "no slapping your thigh during kicks" sign became sentient and started a promotion

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Control Your Narrative is such a poo poo name for a promotion, god drat. Can we write fully kayfabeless wrestling off as something that does not work?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

He's leaning into the aesthetic of what they're doing in an exaggerative and sometimes humorous way, but that doesn't mean he understands that the core that he's exaggerating actually sucks.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

"Think Outside the Bun" hasn't been the tagline for a long time. They're doing it without permission, maybe to trick people into thinking they have better sponsors than they do?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

When Buddy Matthews said "change the narrative" in a promo I popped.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

I'm trying to thing of the funniest thing to take into the rant room and rattle off in front of a chuddy wrestler. The communist manifesto?

EDIT: A list of the symptoms and consequences of CTE.

El Generico fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Apr 27, 2022

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Boogaloo Sarah Rowe has a nice ring to it. She'll do well controlling her narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3eoBFPgppk

The contrast of visuals and music here is really funny to me. Doing the chores around the ranch is not badass.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Manwithastick posted:

Alert big seasoning!

Mrs. Dash has been informed.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Do not even ask posted:

The only time I remember anyone on PSP having that sentiment was when he was doing backstage comedy bits with Danielson in whatever gameshow-era NXT season he was on. I can't imagine anyone (beyond IMPACT homers) thinking he had any potential when he was brought back to superindie-era NXT.

I guess I'm a TNAcolyte because I totally thought EC3 was the kind of guy Vince would push. Not that he's good, mind.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

How the gently caress was his indie name not just BRAWN in all caps like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Trying posted:

Am I loving going ogre?!