Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I won't spend a single dollar on this company but in the last 24 hours (maybe just because of this thread), it's really turned a corner on being something that I will probably pay attention to at least a little to see how hilariously this all turns out. EC3 used to just be a funny weird guy in his Derrick Bateman days (we should have seen the writing on the wall with the last name) and I'm starting to think there's at least part of him that's in on the joke and that this isn't 100% serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DEAR RICHARD posted:

braun strowman

initials b.s.

...braun strowman is big seasoning

report on that, metlz

no more bs

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Endless Mike posted:

They misspelled "character" and "narrator"

NARRARATORS

MOUNT UP

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

NienNunb posted:

I mean like, we do live in a society

And it does often suck!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Drakkel posted:

I just love how they've already gotten into shady diet/supplement products like every proper vaguely maga-adjacent grift does at some point or another

Sounds like what you need is the EC3 app and a custom nutrition plan https://join.freeec3.com/

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DJExile posted:

50 bucks a month for ec3 to tell you to eat healthy and copy/paste some workout routines, holy poo poo

I'm sorry, you might want to re-read the website because he's offering:
- Authentic and personally hand crafted workouts
- Personalized conditioning that suits what you require.

No grifting here! EC3 will personally talk to you about how to eat a vegetable.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flashy_mcflash posted:

The photography is insane. I guess you want to focus on the bottle of seasoning but having both the person and the actual food completely out of focus is something else.

The brand is the star

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

i've had my suspicions for a while but there's no way this isn't a million dollar extreme gag

https://twitter.com/BamSullivan/status/1498677034549190673

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DEAR RICHARD posted:

clutching my nuts

now what do i do?

Never leg go, lest the libs come and take 'em

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DEAR RICHARD posted:

are you trying to control my narrative?

I'm just trying to control deez :(

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Braun really spoils the stupid fun you can have laughing at this stuff because he's such a loving moron. Shane was right.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This feels like one of those Pluto TV channels that just runs whatever they can get their hands on all day long

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Who the hell is Eli Perez?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Orange Carlisle posted:

every part of that is believable, strowman has taken too many punches from brock in the head and now thinks his wwe character is real

He also only ever existed in WWE and was treated as a big deal basically the entire time he was there so he's got a big head because of that, too. Just an overall dope!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

mactheknife posted:

are we really already trying to wishful thinking ourselves into the idea that this is a bit

I think it's probably a bit to EC3, but that EC3 is also a dumb poo poo who actually believes all of this nonsense. It's the classic "personality turned up to 11" stuff, I think. He's probably self-aware enough to know it's all very stupid and nutty and caters to other idiots like himself, but also knows people will buy into that so he amps it up.

In summary, EC3 is a dope.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

So what exactly is the bit in EC3 starting a company almost certainly destined to lose money and streaming it on a service started (starting?) by people only EC3 would associate with?

Find it doubtful he did all of this just as a fun send up of whatever CYN is supposed to be a send up of!

Is it done with some awareness of what will get attention? Of course. But the whole thing isn't a bit.

I would imagine he doesn't expect it to lose money. He's also doing like eight thousand other things – the weird seasoning, his fitness plans and app, probably has his own workout powder or something. Dude is dipping into every imaginable market and probably hoping at least one of them sticks and succeeds.

Just because he's probably in on the bit and amping it up to stupid degrees doesn't also mean he doesn't think there's actual value there and that he can make money off of it and the weirdos who will support him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CcSvdO6gt7P/

The CYN crew is making unpaid advertisements for Taco Bell? For some reason?

Craving
Yummy
Nachos BellGrande

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Venomous posted:

so you're saying that CYN is full of the kinds of doofuses who'd work for exposure

Yeah, none of them are vaccinated

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

Ryback hasn't made me laugh since doing that Twitter poll about where he should go and Retire getting the most votes easily

For all anyone could say about Braun,

Being an ex-WWE champ that still didn't matter at all to the indies,
being a WWE diehard that was willing to stand up for them at all costs (somehow even moreso than the insane thread fans we have) that still couldn't save his job during a plague,
signing with (whether he had to or wanted to) the newest and lowest-rent name indie that doesn't even technically have matches according to themselves,
immediately loving up in his first live appearance there and almost hurting a fan,
then getting into a Twitter fight with Buff loving Bagwell, and losing even that too,

is funny as hell

What a time for content

The bolded would have probably mattered if Braun hadn't been asking for, what I remember hearing was, an insane asking price to book him on a show and the requirement to win all of his matches and the promotions' top belt or some dumb poo poo. I don't know how much of that is actually true, but he's dumb enough that I can believe all of it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm annoyed that this idiot properly used "couldn't care less" when so many people I actually like still say "could care less".

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What a fuckin loser

edit: lol glorious page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pinche Rudo posted:

I’ve got a little CYN story. There was a local promoter who had booked a show as part of a big taco and margarita festival at the SAP Center in San Jose (home of the Sharks NHL team). Flip Gordon, EC3, and Scherr were all advertised as appearing on it.

Apparently a few weeks before the show they contacted the promoter and demanded that he change it to a CYN show, use their branding, and give them say in the booking. Of course the promoter told them no, so they pulled out and he had to scramble and get replacements. He ended up getting Lance Archer and I think John Morrison as replacements and the show went off pretty well.

They basically torpedoed a perfectly good booking because they wanted to Control Their Narrative.

I love when idiot bullies do idiot bully poo poo but the person they're trying to bully stands up for themselves and is much better off for it