Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Swamp Thing
Sep 11, 2001

It's the Evolution Revolution.
http://www.uorenaissance.com/

Hello goons. I started as a UO player way before I joined this forum, crazy stuff. I’m starting to get back into UO and I found a server that preserves Ultima Online before when I felt it started to fall apart. Would anybody be interested in playing with me, starting a guild, and just trying to live the life before OSI came and wrecked everything? There are threads for servers with new maps, which are cool, but I didn't see one emulating the original landmass. I'd be interested in playing an hour or so a day with a goon (or two!). If you're interested let me know :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm pretty sure what few goons are playing UO are playing on the Outlands shard.

Lifroc
May 8, 2020

I know very little of UO. What's the difference between Renaissance and Outlands, and which is better?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
This particular server is mostly the Renaissance era of UO, minus Trammel (the no-pvp zone). I'm not familiar with that era of UO's history but that was when pvp was effectively turned off, as well as some item and skill changes. In this server's case, pvp has been turned back on while maintaining that era's gameplay. It also looks like it might have extra content?

Outlands is a whole 'nother bag. It resembles the t2a era in some ways: no Trammel, character builds are kinda similar, and items function similarly, but that's where it ends. Custom world map, post-7xGM activities, rebalanced skills and synergy, new monsters, plus a bunch of extra stuff they've added over the years.

Objectively, Outlands is what you want to play on because it has 3-4x as many people playing it as Renaissance and is regularly supported. Other private servers don't even come close.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (damn right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.
How id it turn out, i might try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

I prefer UO:R over the T2A ruleset, but the Outlands population is massive compared to the UO:R server. There's also a new UO server that's primarily UO:R-based launching in the fall called UO:Sagas. It has a pvp testing event starting tomorrow for those interested: https://discord.gg/8WXXpbrg