Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I don't know why anyone bothers with the faff of cutting the hole in the bread. Get a nice slice of sourdough, beat 2 eggs, add salt, dip bread, chuck in pan, pour rest of egg on top, grate a lil cheese on. :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Red Oktober posted:

I have pretty much no interest in football but absolutely love Squires.

:same:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Makes sense, all those boomers who swore that they were on the beaches at Normandy really just got drunk and tried to start a sectarian fight at the Sea Life in Bray while on holiday.

All too real

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

I enjoyed reading The Mind is Flat, which I addresses a bunch of things about how a lump of electric suet keeps deceiving itself in determinable ways. It's not a self help book but that's good because those are poo poo, and it prompted a bunch of "nooo you can't just say that most historical psychotherapy is pseudoscience they're already looking for reasons to defund us" "haha electric dumpling go brr" dialog, because flat minds respond better to some kinds of thought process modulators than whatever horseshit Freud and Jung were on.

This sounds fascinating, ordered, thanks fellow smoothbrain

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:yeshaha:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

I feel like I should throw a viewing party for the last episode. The show might have been utter crap but it brought some of the most beautiful women in the world to global fame, including both Kylie and Natalie Imbruglia, so I'm tipping my hat respectfully from a distance

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

keep punching joe posted:

Pretty sure Brookside ended with a siege of armed robbers holed up in the close climaxing in a helicopter crash.

Didn't realise Brookside was directed by David Cronenburg

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Also wasn't it Emmerdale that had half the cast dying when a plane landed on the village lol

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Coohoolin seems to be a Scottish weeaboo and I'm very charmed by that as a concept

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Miftan posted:

Coohoolin has lived in Scotland for most/all of his adult life. I don't know how else you would describe a Scottish person other than "has lived in Scotland for most of their life" (because "hates england" is too broad a category)

Yeah but he's like really into being Scottish.

Nah jk I don't care, I thought he'd only been there a couple years so that's useful context. Not "useful" in the sense of something that I will actually use in my life, but there it is

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Miftan posted:

I've lived in the UK for about a decade now and while I don't sound English because I spoke it fluently before, I definitely sound *more* English now than when I moved here. It's not weird, it's just what happens. I have friends who have kids who learned English in certain parts of the UK and sound like they're from there despite their families being from somewhere else. Hell, I've even seen kids from different continents in London who sound like they're from Newcastle because that's where their primary school teacher is from.

Hell, I sound Mid-Atlantic just because my missus is American, continuous exposure will rewire your brain

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Some people just naturally pick up accents quick too. I speak with a pretty broad western Scottish accent, but because a good friend of mine is very Scouse, I now unconsciously add "like" to the end of a lot of sentences, it's a curse.

From Cork, Americanized by my partner, so now I use "like" in both the middle of sentences and at the end. Shameful

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

Though personally Cork accent is worst, then Dublin, then Belfast.

:(

Actually, I speak with an SA accent - I constantly ask people if they have stairs in their house and call them "OP"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

The people are amazing, love living here, but the mouth hole noises...

If someone is kind enough to pleasure you at a mouth-hole, seems rude to object to any noises

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I'd wear it, but I really like antagonising people

Sorry about that, thread

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'd love to hear about the English mannerisms of the character who doesn't even have spoken lines.

Well if Wallace is English you can infer things about his dog. That is, if you believe humans can "own" animals. I guess dogs don't have real passports so maybe they're just stateless

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
2Neil4Me

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

:raise:

Even a full moon gives considerably less than 1 lux of illumination, you'd need a football pitch of PV panels to even charge a phone. In practice internal resistance means PV panels just don't produce any power at all at such low levels.

You've staked a big claim here on "PV panels don't work in Northern Europe" but this reply is pretty thin, bordering on the obtuse

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

We don't actually need every single square metre of the country doing *something* to generate electricity

How else can Britons maximise their crypto portfolios?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
All you pasta scrubs need to get on the new hot pasta shape - cascatelli

https://theconversation.com/agnolotti-bucatini-and-the-innovative-new-cascatelli-a-brief-history-of-pasta-shapes-157747

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol, not only is UK refusing to take in Ukrainians, it also would like Ireland to get more racist

https://twitter.com/LOS_Fisher/status/1500964937207795713?t=hcM3ouFK3pWQCHRzmbUFPg&s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ThomasPaine posted:

This all reminds me of every fucker on the BBC insisting on pronouncing chorizo as 'tho-ree-tho' and, like, I get it, but we're not in Valencia and no one is popping into 'prey-a-mange' for a sandwich, why that word specifically???

But you would pronounce the "T" because it's followed by a vowel, and you pronounce the "-er" as "ay" at the end of an infinitive, so I'd say "Pret-A-Mon-zhay" in both French and English. My French is quite poo poo tho

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I guess calling it anything more than "Pret" might mark you out as a knob tho

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The Moccamaster (in KGB Red!) is probably the highest level of "coffee wanker" I've experienced in the wild, p good results tho

https://cookinglife.eu/moccamaster-...QRoCBa4QAvD_BwE

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Sure they'll carry your suitcases, but are they alpha enough to carry a printer 2 miles to your house?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Imagine caring about what these no-rates think, could never be me

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
:yeshaha:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Royal blob is a simple organism that responds to every stimulus by demanding a new superyacht.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

What if we used the £250m to help Ukrainian refugees instead, just spit balling here

So that's £5m per UKR refugee the UK actually lets in?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Manx is the perfect size and shape for Boris' Big Bangor Bridge

Would love to Bung a Bob for Boris' Big Bangor Bridge Benefit Bonanza

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/Daily_Express/status/1501889951075549187?t=H--rOHTDNPCd0ZqRClaJ4A&s=19

Can easily happen when you're old and dead.

She can get him a superyacht to make amends I suppose

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
All the monsters in NI walk on land and wear sashes for easy identification

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
As was frequently pointed out since pre-Brexit vote and subsequently, turning the UK into an isolated little island with few trading partners makes it exponentially more reliant on trade partners, which leads to a lot of kowtowing to autocrats. Plus the natural Tory admiration for autocratic regimes, and the opportunities for mutual profiteering.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

The gently caress do you get cocaine from in school?

I used to get it from dodgy fucks in pubs and clubs, you can have a life outside of school, and I had plenty of disposable cash when I was a freeloading teen with a kitchen job.

I've no doubt plenty of people are dealing in school tho

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I just realised OwlFancier has set a perfect honeypot to get the locations of every school drug dealer. Bravo.

Now he just needs the DeLorean to get back to the mid-90s when most of us were in school. Goes well with coke tbf

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

when did mdma come out? I dont think we had that at my school

or sex

80s, you might remember rave culture ?

Sex is still in beta, more R&D required

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

"Would I Libel You?" would be a better title.

:hmmyes:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
She's the thinking man's Billie Piper, if you think about it

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

That's insanely distorted by London though. From my Dublin perspective even much larger cities like Manchester or Liverpool are way cheaper to buy in than here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

keep punching joe posted:

Show yourself coward!

jBrereton (MP) hasn't been posting in a while :thunk:

E: 44, "droopy drawers", when you poo poo yourself at the bingo