Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

forkboy84 posted:

What's a civil parish? I don't know, English local government is a loving wild mess of layers upon layers.

Literally so, if (like me) you need to show the various authorities in an area in a map. At least in my home country I can be certain that any part of the country belongs to a municipality, a province, and the national government and they all neatly fit into each other. Unincorporated land in the US is a fun concept too.

e: parish councils seem to exist mostly because nobody had the heart to fire them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mega Comrade posted:

Churchill was a piece of poo poo but he did serve in the military and did see combat. So trying to put him across as hiding from the war is a bit odd.

He even got stuck in himself putting down the locals in India.

Well yes but did he ever hide in a fridge?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...f0867da37217e91

quote:

Huw Merriman, the Conservative chair of the Commons transport committee, has said that Peter Hebblethwaite should resign in the light of his admission to MPs this morning that his company deliberately chose to break the law about consulting the workforce about redundancies.

quote:

"There are ramifications for that – personally liability for the chief executive who, I have to say, needs to consider his position. It’s untenable to come to parliament say you decided to break the law, you have no regrets."

Careful there, wouldn't want to set a precedent that breaking the law means you'd have to resign.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Guavanaut posted:

The final gently caress you of the housing market will be using all the empty investment units as containers for flour.

https://twitter.com/ArtLesb0/status/1506361287151865864

stop posting about grown men slapping each other for a bit. What's wrong with cheap, recyclable paper packaging?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Guavanaut posted:

Why's it going to take them so long? The queen's already generated a nonce.

new thread title please

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Borrovan posted:

Thinking about this puts me in mind of a fun* puzzle:

You're working the front desk at the Infinite Hotel. Unfortunately, it's been overbooked! All of the infinite rooms are occupied, when another guest arrives. How do you make space for them? Just move every guest into the next room number (n+1), and put the new one into room 1. Easy. Then, a coach arrives, containing an infinite number of guests, all needing rooms. How do you get these ones in? Move every current guest into the room whose number is double the one they are in right now, you've freed up all infinity odd-numbered rooms, assign each of the new guests room number 2n-1 in the order they come off the coach. Finally, an infinite number of coaches arrive, each with infinite guests - same question? I actually can't remember the solution to this one, answers on a postcard

*for some

I'm not a fancy math person but surely if your infinite rooms are all full then you are already housing infinite people, and it would not be possible for more people to arrive?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I removed a transphobic sticker from a lamp post, that's my quotum of political activity for the month filled (beside shitposting)

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
All this asphalt has been sitting in the Thames doing nothing for decades and yet the southern section of the M25 is still concrete

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The only options in my ward are Tory and Lib Dem. I might actually vote lib dem just to spite the Tories, or I might just write JEREMY CORBYN on my ballot

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ash Crimson posted:

still at 344 seats lost... still time for 350!!

Con down 386 now lmao

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

keep punching joe posted:

I think I just bought a house, which is quite a relief to know that I hopefully won't need to deal with petty landlords and letting agents much longer.

There is a title condition thats states a maximum of one dog and /or cat can be kept on the premises, but lol if I'm going to pay heed to that bullshit on an ex council scheme.

What about, say, two dozen ferrets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If they take Stonehenge to Russia then they can finally build that tunnel, or not bother with a tunnel really. And think of the savings in your heritage budget!