Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

The gently caress do you get cocaine from in school?

Performing arts club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

D&D is where the decorum-poisoned liberals post, C-SPAM is for the radical fringes™️

Though bizarrely the C-SPAM Covid thread is both historically the most-accurate one on SomethingAwful and at this point one of the better curated sources for accurate Covid info on the entire internet as long as you look past the agoraphobia.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Disproportionation posted:

Did they figure out a way to do this without people just making extremely simple electromagnets that break the sensors on the way out.

Yes, it doesn't use exit sensors.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPZdWuOPaHY&t=72s

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Make sure you shave every day if you're going to wear one of those masks.

And that you've been fit tested on them.

If you have the resources and ability to fit test and find the perfect mask that's great, but also if you don't pretty much any FFP2/3 mask is still going to be a substantial upgrade over a cloth mask.

I've been liking the 3m Aura FFP2 - https://www.medisave.co.uk/3m-9320-disposable-aura-respirator-mask-unvalved-ffp2.html - because it has a flap to go under my chin which holds it in place well. They're like £1.80 each, comfortable and last ages.

For a while Home Bargains were selling boxes of 16 Honeywell FFP3 masks for £4, dunno if that's still a thing though.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

A mask that doesn't fit is still letting things in.

Sure, but even if it's not a perfect fit a FFP2/3 mask that has headstraps and a mouldable node bridge is almost always going to fit better than whatever cloth or earstrap surgical mask someone is otherwise wearing. Which means

serious gaylord posted:

At that point you might as well be wearing a cloth mask.

Nope!.

The point I'm trying to make is don't let an inability to do a fit test discourage you from upgrading, even if the benefit is only marginal instead of perfect. Nobody should be wearing cloth/surgical masks at this point.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I wish covid was a crisis du jour

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Borrovan posted:

See that doesn't quite work for me, I sometimes like to put stuff in my face hole or touch it against consenting adults

I just do the former outside and don't treat the latter as a group activity, though I'm not trying to kink-shame

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Discussing different covid strategies isn't kink shaming, lighten up.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I won't vote for Labour under Starmer, no. I'll vote for the greens. I don't want a green party government but I want whoever does the Labour election retrospective to see that my vote moved left away from the party.

When Starmer is no longer leader I'll reconsider.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

It's not orange squash, it's M&S orange squash ™

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Trust a Tory to anger a foot writer.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Tarnop posted:

What happens when everyone's vaccinations wear off?

Long covid & excess mortality goes up

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

22-40 year olds are millenials aren't they? (A lot of people I know still use the term to refer to late teens.)
Boomers - various definitions, basically 1950s & 60s. I'm a boomer/Xer cusp. Definitely more of an X-er when comparing the relative life experiences.

Some random research agency says the ranges are

which feels about right to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1531698129204137985?s=20&t=QQeZU4BJJ3ROCCdnfTdydg

I guess Keith is the only person who didn't see this coming?