Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it’s hilarious that this is one of the few times the right thing to do is also the popular thing to do and still Starmer can’t bring himself to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
if an apology isn't accompanied by genuine remorse then it's meaningless

and from what I've seen of Jeremy Vine over the years I'm pretty sure genuine remorse is one of several emotions he's completely incapable of

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

deano posted:

passed being suprised at this stage, get the wood thing with the choppy bit time tbh

absolute lol at them calling it a “loan”

because Andrew has so many opportunities for future earnings now

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
because a well-made, well-insulated house in a nice suburb somewhere costs 5 times as much as a drafty newbuild slapped together in 2 weeks which is probably also on a flood plain

the Vimes Boots theory strikes again

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
guaranteed that anyone sharing that meme is also 100% against the social care tax

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
why are we posting terf bullshit ITT?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

jiggerypokery posted:

I mean, needing a general for a dick inspection because a local just won't do is at least an A-tier humblebrag

I mean I wouldn't want them injecting me in the dick either

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I just realised OwlFancier has set a perfect honeypot to get the locations of every school drug dealer. Bravo.

it's market research to find the best place for him to get set up

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

uh is that meant to be the Irish flag or have Italy been secretly pulling the strings all along

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

jiggerypokery posted:

I have no idea who she is and only the vaguest idea of who he is.

I envy you so much

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

jiggerypokery posted:

Or "not my beat" could be interperated as pull your loving finger out to journalists who aren't fighting years of libel suits with arron banks and his ghouls

wow all that water must get really heavy sometimes

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
doing something about the one thing that happens to affect you and ignoring a load of other, more important, things because they don't, is not really the sign of a good person

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

jiggerypokery posted:

doing nothing at all because nothing seems good enough to be worth it isn't the sign of a good person either

and it's a drat shame that those are literally the only two options available to a print journalist in the UK

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

jiggerypokery posted:

And what do you suggest we do about that?

I mean, one thought I had was when a print journalist vaguely steps out side of the mould and does something actually productive we at least say "well done" but apparently i'm loving crazy

uh that was sarcasm my dude

there a shitton of things more important right now than which of a group of cunts paid the most to make Brexit happen

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

jiggerypokery posted:

Like the obliteration of Ukrainian cities and their civilians, Climate Catastrophy, the complete destruction of the labour opposition, constant vicious attacks on minorities of all kinds from both the press and the government?

Gee sure be a shame if someone was investigating where some of the money behind some of that was coming from.

absolute lol if you think the government is only attacking minorities because *~*Russia*~* is paying them to

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

jiggerypokery posted:

what are you, a child? No. I think the government is attacking minorities because the opposition to do so was utterly dismantled after 2017 by a press who are either literally owned by climate denial money or russians looking to keep their assets safe or at least beholden to/funded by those interests.

huh all the attacking of minorities they did before then must have been an illusion or something

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

jiggerypokery posted:

you are being deliberately dense and I really struggle to see why. It's sad and weird. You're looking for an enemy where there isn't one.

The opportunity to stop all the pain and death caused by austerity was thwarted when the 2017 general election was lost and the media went into hyperdrive to make sure it was never that close again.

you're literally blaming everything wrong in the world on Russia and somehow I'm the dense one? yeah good luck stanning for Carol, I'm out

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Someone just linked me to this and I'm surprised I didn't hear it from this thread first.

It's a daily mail link so I just leave the partial URL here

health/article-10001093/Impotent-mans-partner-accidentally-deploys-insulation-foam-inside-urethra-sex-act.html

even if that wasn't a DM link you still couldn't pay me enough to click it

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
you can tell it's someone who doesn't usually post in here when they find news of Boris being a poo poo oval office surprising

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

His Divine Shadow posted:

So that bit when Labour actually led the polls for a while and Boris was looking like he was hanging on by his fingernails, that just blew over?

Labour have got literally nothing to offer anyone, so the minute the papers moved on from trashing Boris the polls were inevitably going to slide right back down to where they were beforehand

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
not that JKR isn't the worst of the loving absolute worst, but I'd have extremely little confidence in any LGBT outreach service that's run by a police force

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
love to tell potential voters how little appeal we actually have

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

George Osborne still seems to be doing pretty well for himself.

which newspaper is Rishi going to end up in charge of, place your bets now

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I wish JKR actually had been loving cancelled

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Hitsh

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
they're both in the wrong, but I find Smith's actions a hell of a lot more understandable than Rock's

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
erm excuse me haven't you heard about how Labour is ~On Your Side~

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
“get the Tories out” sounds good but then you realise that you need to replace them with someone better and, well, *gestures at the current shitshow that is the Labour party*

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Angepain posted:

I love the bit where he's like "they probably want me to kill myself", no dude we just want you to stop being a bigot on the internet, just take your father ted it crowd money and play video games for the rest of your life, everyone will have a better time, but the guy simply cannot imagine an existence where he isn't using every spare moment to hate people he doesn't understand

I mean I'd be fine with him killing himself if it meant we didn't have to hear about him all the loving time

that probably makes me a bad person, but tbh I don't really care

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

BizarroAzrael posted:

It looked better than when they did Wrestlemania to be fair

didn't they do the first verse of the song twice?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Ronnie posted:

So this NFT poo poo has been rolled out to move discussion away from The No10 Party's, right?

from the supporting evidence of every time they talked about using ~the blockchain~ to solve Brexit issues I'm pretty sure that the answer is no, they're just loving stupid enough to think that NFTs are in fact a good thing

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

I'm going to SPLURGE the £150 on a scalding hot bath

and your bath retains heat for ages too

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

Isn't there already 4 MI games tho? The chronology/canon is unclear to me

3 (Curse) is good if a marked departure from the feel and stylings of 1 + 2

4 (Escape) is dogshit

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Sunak doesn't need the money, so now it's clear he'll never have the power he might as well gently caress off to live on a private island somewhere

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Pistol_Pete posted:

Never understood why someone as rich as him is bothering to work at all. Some ego thing due to feeling a bit inferior at being rich but not as rich as the billionaire family he's married into?

I think it's like Boris, he just really wants to be in the big chair

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Uh oh

I think you're my closest UKMTer

better buy the kid an account ASAP

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Sunak's pocket journo trying to claim he works 20-hour days is pretty clearly an attempt to shore up his support amongst the Tory faithful by cargo-culting Thatcher

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
watching all the smooth-brained centrists insist that surely this will be the thing that brings Boris down is darkly hilarious

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I wonder how much of the “bullying” was down to calling TERFs TERFs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
any Tory jumping ship over this today and not months ago doesn't give a poo poo that they broke the law, they only give a poo poo that people know they broke the law