Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

ded posted:

Prob when biden said WE CANT DEFUND THE POLICE

we cannot stop increasing funding to police until every single police department has a budget larger than the gdp of the eu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

This invasion isn't going as good as when we did it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Got a batch of COVID tests in the mail today and my immediate thought was "oh right, COVID still exists".

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Is he having these conversations in the same hipster coffee shops where everyone was whispering about how great trump is?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Got a batch of COVID tests in the mail today and my immediate thought was "oh right, COVID still exists".

Biden’s victory dividend finally coming in?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Platystemon posted:

Biden’s victory dividend finally coming in?

More because I've been paying so much attention to the invasion of Ukraine and almost nothing else for the past few days.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

stealie72 posted:

Is he having these conversations in the same hipster coffee shops where everyone was whispering about how great trump is?

I know GWOT vets saying this kind of stuff. Congrats on not being around those sort of vets I guess

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 2, 2022

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
Every GWOT veteran i know either mainlines Joe Rogan/ Jocko / David Goggins alpha mindset garbage or watches OANN in a dark living room of the 1BR apartment he got after the divorce.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sacrist65 posted:

Every GWOT veteran i know either mainlines Joe Rogan/ Jocko / David Goggins alpha mindset garbage or watches OANN in a dark living room of the 1BR apartment he got after the divorce.

I guess I got lucky with the one I know. He loving hates Trump and pretty much all the things you’ve just listed.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
All the ones I don't know like that are here in GiP, which is why GiP fukken rules

:madmax:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

maffew buildings posted:

I know GWOT vets saying this kind of stuff. Congrats on not being around those sort of vets I guess
Yeah, bad pre-coffee attempt at humor since that original hipster coffee shop tweet was how the hipsters were talking about how great Trump was with Putin.

Definitely know some GWOT vets that mainline bullshit like that, but as a filthy civvy who got to pick who he affiliates with the ones I actually have meaningful interactions with a far more GIP than OANN.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:psyduck:

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1499138513979252740

https://twitter.com/lmcgaughy/status/1499136113524588551

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

What the gently caress

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"Joya said she didn’t intend to inject herself into the election, and didn’t even realize the primary was five days away when she contacted Harp. She was just annoyed at having to see her ex-lover’s face on billboards as she drove around Plano.

“All I wanted was for Suzanne Harp to just say, ‘Hey, I know your little scandal with Tania Joya. Would you like to resign before we embarrass you?’ But it didn’t happen like that,” Joya told The News."

What the gently caress indeed if she believed there was ever a shred of potential for events taking that path

E: uggh she's been taken advantage of by seemingly everyone who crosses her path

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2020/sep/04/experience-i-was-married-to-an-islamic-state-leader

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 2, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sometimes judges do good things.

https://twitter.com/zekejmiller/status/1499176668216369152

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CNN is reporting the January 6th Committee is officially investigating whether Trump was part of a criminal conspiracy to overturn the election.

Bad week to be a despot.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

CNN is reporting the January 6th Committee is officially investigating whether Trump was part of a criminal conspiracy to overturn the election.

Bad week to be a despot.

I can't find the "ah well nevertheless" tweet, but I think we all know how this is going to turn out.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Texas law pretty clearly falls afoul of the right to privacy established in Griswold v. Connecticut and affirmed many times since, notably in Lawrence v. Texas.

This of course means that the Roberts court will destroy the right to privacy by June.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Bad week to be a despot.

What else have they been investigating?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I don't think even anyone thought they'd be seizing yachts, so there might be some actual loving receipts!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Wasabi the J posted:

I don't think even anyone thought they'd be seizing yachts, so there might be some actual loving receipts!

In that vein,

gently caress yes

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1499052393069260807?t=12GNcq5lG7WjjqPsIJGoJg&s=19
https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1499072643508678664?t=7GaHO6BaLGdAEIPF23EoEw&s=19

Now go after Russian money backed GOP fuckers and douchebags.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Bored As gently caress posted:

Now go after Russian money backed GOP fuckers and douchebags.

DNC too. Tulsi's clearly not playing on our team anymore. They can all ride in the same bus.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

DNC too. Tulsi's clearly not playing on our team anymore. They can all ride in the same bus.

And let’s not forget the stooge who runs the Green Party. I mean I know they have like no influence or anything but they were part of the bullshit too.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm just happy to see yachts getting seized. My time in that industry was not good, as anyone who was on the discord at the time can attest.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Suddenly “Slavic Crime Yacht” makes SO MUCH sense

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Not sure if this should go here or the Ukraine thread...

It looks like using Russia for all you space launches was a bad plan when the entire world sanctions them...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/02/tech/russian-oneweb-launch-refusal/index.html

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

I can't find the "ah well nevertheless" tweet, but I think we all know how this is going to turn out.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Texas Monthly did an article on her a few years back. I remember thinking it a bid odd that she had seemingly jumped right into Evangelical Christianity but hey, best wishes for having escaped an abusive marriage and ISIS.

I was uhhh not expecting her to end up in the news again

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Time Crisis Actor posted:

Suddenly “Slavic Crime Yacht” makes SO MUCH sense

Pretty prime username as well

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ASAPI posted:

Not sure if this should go here or the Ukraine thread...

It looks like using Russia for all you space launches was a bad plan when the entire world sanctions them...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/02/tech/russian-oneweb-launch-refusal/index.html

Maybe NASA will get a plus-up for a heavy lift vehicle now.

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

I did a talk this afternoon on Ukraine for my campus community. Typical background stuff, all the deep dive crap I have been watching. Then my first goddamn question was the kid from Young Americans for Liberty grandstanding about the Campus Carry poo poo they've droned about for nearly a year. They had about 9 people in the room cheering him on. Goddamn loving assholes. I just laughed at them and once again reminded them that I own guns as well, and that mine are way sexier than theirs.

Their entire point is to allow students to carry on campus. He tired to say that me discussing Ukrainians defending their home from naked aggression was the same as him waiting to shoot a guy who was breaking into his car. Hope the kids grow out of it.

You should have seen the seething look of anger on his face when I mentioned the Russians and Putin in a bad light.

Burning Beard fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 4, 2022

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I'm at Charlotte International right now and the dude in front of me going into the restroom was a such a dead ringer for McConell and if I found out I had a chance to give that dude a swirlie and chose not to I will never forgive myself.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Twitter reports of USAA website/services down, some rumblings in the SH/SC InfoSec thread that they might have been breached? and people making phishing attempts with USAA info.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
App fine.

We use 2FA tho so.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
USAA website says "Members may experience issues accessing usaa.com or the USAA mobile app. We're aware of the issue and are working to resolve it."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Twitter reports of USAA website/services down, some rumblings in the SH/SC InfoSec thread that they might have been breached? and people making phishing attempts with USAA info.

Maybe if they spent more on infosec and less on ads... :allears:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Maybe if they spent more on infosec and less on ads... :allears:

I think their infosec is solid, they have managed to keep Rob Gronkowski from joining

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Kesper North posted:

USAA website says "Members may experience issues accessing usaa.com or the USAA mobile app. We're aware of the issue and are working to resolve it."

as opposed to usual

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Burning Beard posted:

I did a talk this afternoon on Ukraine for my campus community. Typical background stuff, all the deep dive crap I have been watching. Then my first goddamn question was the kid from Young Americans for Liberty grandstanding about the Campus Carry poo poo they've droned about for nearly a year. They had about 9 people in the room cheering him on. Goddamn loving assholes. I just laughed at them and once again reminded them that I own guns as well, and that mine are way sexier than theirs.

Their entire point is to allow students to carry on campus. He tired to say that me discussing Ukrainians defending their home from naked aggression was the same as him waiting to shoot a guy who was breaking into his car. Hope the kids grow out of it.

You should have seen the seething look of anger on his face when I mentioned the Russians and Putin in a bad light.

Wait, he was arguing for Ukrainians with guns defending themselves against Russia, and then was angry that Putin was bad? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Just LMAO if Russia is attacking the DOD majority banks