Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Rumor is, he has some form of dementia.

edit: lazy rear end page snipe...

The Willis movie was Cosmic Sin, the real awful one was Apex. Dear god was that terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Bored As gently caress posted:

I'll make fun of the man a lot less now that I know this. Those movies are all atrocious, but I can understand why he did them now. Before, it was just inexplicable besides the take of him only doing it as a cash grab and being lazy as gently caress.

Hey come on man, we’re not talking about Steven Seagal here.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
Lol, yeah that could actually describe them both to a T for the last few years.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Bored As gently caress posted:

He did like 22 movies in the last 4 years.

Nice of him to create a big nest egg for his kids.

I'll make fun of the man a lot less now that I know this. Those movies are all atrocious, but I can understand why he did them now. Before, it was just inexplicable besides the take of him only doing it as a cash grab and being lazy as gently caress.

Even without the health issues, he makes millions for showing up with a heartbeat for 10 minutes. How can you possibly hate on that? gently caress artistic integrity and hard work, I'm taking the money every time.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
All northerners reserve the right to mock people from elsewhere for not knowing how to drive in snow. The northerners learn snow driving by crashing on a highway going out to get booze before the storm hits.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

mlmp08 posted:

All northerners reserve the right to mock people from elsewhere for not knowing how to drive in snow. The northerners learn snow driving by crashing on a highway going out to get booze before the storm hits.

The trick is to crash into something early in the season so you're more cautious for the remainder.

Or so I learned in Illinois.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

State troopers tried to close the liquor store in advance of a big storm in our small town in Alaska, the residents drat near rioted and ran them out of town, to ensure they got their drink on.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The trick is to crash into something early in the season so you're more cautious for the remainder.

Or so I learned in Illinois.

If you accelerate into a turn just right you can hit a sweet 360, 540, or even the vaunted 900 for a sweet drink run multiplier

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I mostly just clipped curbs and hosed up my alignment. High scoring 360s were for people with better insurance.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I want to see social media writ large burn. For what little good it's done, it's done way worse for society.

It's not going to happen because it's too loving useful for "gauging the pulse of the people," as evidenced by human wedgie Ted Cruz checking his feed after his turn to grill Judge Jackson to see if he was TRENDING or not. I shudder to think of what someone like Hoover would've done with all this information.

Someone like hoover has all this information lol

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Wasabi the J posted:

I swear to God it's worth it.

2008 crash
Facebook
Palantir
Peter thiel
Cryptocurrency
NFTs
Fascism (neo and classical)
Eugenics
Libertarians
Pedo islands
CIA

Like, they're all part of the same scam being essentially run out of Reddit and Twitter.

It's insane, and this stuff is sourced. No made up bullshit or conjecture. Just poo poo with receipts.

What scam? How are all of those things related? I tried watching that video and it just seemed like someone narrating that a bunch of things happened.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Handsome Ralph posted:

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1509151904638517253

Really hope I'm alive long enough to see Facebook/Meta crash and burn.

Shocking that an app tailored to video is beating facebook, where when you click on a video you're watching to make it stop playing it just makes it full screen instead.

Give me a tiktok replacement that lets me ban certain hashtags from appearing on my feed and I'll be happy. I think I might be at a spot where I need to delete my account to get a new algorithm because it constantly feeds me #gym #tesla #crypto bullshit, thirst traps, and a ton of stuff in foreign languages. The "not interested" button does literally nothing either. So make that work in the replacement too.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

There’s a restricted mode that should exclude the thirst traps at least?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Grip it and rip it posted:

What scam? How are all of those things related? I tried watching that video and it just seemed like someone narrating that a bunch of things happened.

I haven't seen the video, but it's all pretty widely understood to be true at this point afaik. The common thread in all of those things is Peter Thiel: Things he invested in heavily, companies he owns, people he worked with, people who he is friends with. (Which includes people like Steve Bannon and Erik Prince.)

tl;dr we face a Fascist International made up of oil and gas extraction industry, organized crime and kleptocrats who remain in power thanks to all the crime and oil money. They view progressivism and even the old globalist liberal world order as an existential threat. "All of those things" constitute parts of their overall strategy to attempt to cope with the encroachment of liberalism and indeed progressivism by attempting to create socioeconomic and technical environments in which they have control and visibility into both communication and the flow of money directly, without being answerable to democratic processes.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I cannot stress enough that I don't think this is news to anybody here. Right? Mega-rich people own everything and are twisted by the power they wield. The government has been corrupted by commercial interests since thousand of years before it was founded. The Charlie yarn map of connections is available on LinkedIn and in corporate registry data. Has something changed?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Our country has enshrined into law that corporate interests are free to purchase politicians.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
look if there's a better system than octogenarians, bankers, defense contractors and some weird tech bros, one of whom is trying to emulate Augustus Caesar, running our world then I'd like to hear it

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

pantslesswithwolves posted:

That makes my joke entirely unfunny. Poor guy.

I've read some scuttlebutt saying he cranked out a few crappy movies to set up a little nest egg for his kids and then retire, which is pretty laudable. I hope he gets to enjoy his retirement.

He did a poo poo ton of direct to dvd movies the last few years.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The free market will surely provide us with the most preferable form of government, people act in their own best interest to maximize their happiness function.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Bad people are collaborating to manipulate the government of the USA?!?!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You can call them by their titles, senators or representatives.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Nope, it does not. Jeff addressed it a while back but nothing has been updated to fix it. Which is fine for me, I don't need to be posting threads.

It's not a site thing, the iOS app can post new threads all day long. Back in 2009 or so the original Android app developer Ferg opted not to spend time adding it since in that era the community seemed to expect long OPs with a ton of graphics and links and Ferg judged, probably correctly, that nobody was going to do that kind of research and authoring on their Google Nexus One or Motorola Droid. Ferg is long departed and successive developers have chosen to spend their time on other enhancements to the app.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everyone...check this out.

https://the-history-store.myshopify.com/products/31300-federal-general-william-tecumseh-sherman

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's definitely more detailed than I remember Jeff posting in an update. I don't blame them for doing other things first. I'd rather the forums load a little faster or be more reliable than be able to post threads. If I really have the urge, I'll find my laptop from... wherever it is now.

I'll never own an apple product anyhow.

That's a baller statue.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I want this

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:same:

I want it really bad.

Definitely more then the Goerge H.W. Bush WWII figure. It's actually really well done...but eh that's for someone else.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

$45

I might actually buy this as a gift for some people.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Thats an s-tier secret satan gift

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
CNN: Judge holds Alex Jones in contempt of court for refusing to appear for Sandy Hook depositions.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/30/media/sandy-hook-alex-jones-contempt-of-court

Contempt, but judge isn't issuing a warrant.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It’s contempt with escalating fines. The written order will clarify, but it seems like right now:

Fines begin Friday at $25k. They increase $25k per weekday. Monday he’s at $50k (so $75k total fine). Tuesday is $75k so he’s at $150k total. He has until the 15th to sit for deposition in Connecticut because he squandered his chance to be deposed in Austin. If he sits for deposition, the fines are refunded. If he doesn’t, the fines will not be refunded. Also, if he refuses to be deposed, the court will not allow him to introduce evidence to mitigate damages (he has already been found in default liability wise for refusal to participate in discovery), and the jury will be instructed to take a negative inference about his refusal to testify. IE this means significantly more in damages awarded to the Sandy Hook families.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Mar 31, 2022

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Why is he wearing Crocs

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Soul Dentist posted:

Why is he wearing Crocs

Comfort over cool when killing traitors.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Nice! posted:

It’s contempt with escalating fines. The written order will clarify, but it seems like right now:

Thanks for that rundown. I hope they bankrupt him. He's gonna have to eat those ration buckets with his side of rear end when this is over.

Assuming the jury isn't poisoned with Q.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Kesper North posted:

I haven't seen the video, but it's all pretty widely understood to be true at this point afaik. The common thread in all of those things is Peter Thiel: Things he invested in heavily, companies he owns, people he worked with, people who he is friends with. (Which includes people like Steve Bannon and Erik Prince.)

tl;dr we face a Fascist International made up of oil and gas extraction industry, organized crime and kleptocrats who remain in power thanks to all the crime and oil money. They view progressivism and even the old globalist liberal world order as an existential threat. "All of those things" constitute parts of their overall strategy to attempt to cope with the encroachment of liberalism and indeed progressivism by attempting to create socioeconomic and technical environments in which they have control and visibility into both communication and the flow of money directly, without being answerable to democratic processes.

Thank you for putting it fairly succinctly.

The "crazy" part is how blatant the actual corruption is; crypto is gonna cause an environmental and fiscal meltdown, and it's all so the mother fuckers already trashing the place can make their own personal St. James.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1509546676704395271?s=20&t=ocitSBALNJJnd8YpJGWygA

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Gonna make a wild prediction that prices don’t change at all. The fuel companies noticed they can charge whatever and we will still pay so we can go to work.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Crab Dad posted:

Gonna make a wild prediction that prices don’t change at all. The fuel companies noticed they can charge whatever and we will still pay so we can go to work.

^^^

I once did some back of the napkin math on what it would take before I would bike or walk literally everywhere and it was something like $300/gallon. We built this entire idiotic society on having a car. While people can definitely cut back, and I mean cut back in some fairly intense ways to avoid paying nearly as much out of pocket for gas, nothing is going to alter the basic geometry of "my house here, my work there".

MAYBE, this new and fairly absurd price regime will drive cities to actually intelligently develop their suburbs so that they're actually affordable place to live haha no it won't :smithicide:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Fines begin Friday at $25k. They increase $25k per weekday. Monday he’s at $50k (so $75k total fine). Tuesday is $75k so he’s at $150k total. He has until the 15th to sit for deposition in Connecticut because he squandered his chance to be deposed in Austin. If he sits for deposition, the fines are refunded. If he doesn’t, the fines will not be refunded. Also, if he refuses to be deposed, the court will not allow him to introduce evidence to mitigate damages (he has already been found in default liability wise for refusal to participate in discovery), and the jury will be instructed to take a negative inference about his refusal to testify. IE this means significantly more in damages awarded to the Sandy Hook families.

Knowledge fight did an amazing episode with one of the lawyers doing the depositions on InfoWars folks

1) I hope I never need to sit for a deposition with a lawyer who is very happy with long, awkward silences while casually munching on a bulk bag of gummi worms

2) InfoWars staff are either morons, tremendous assholes or both.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Thanks for that rundown. I hope they bankrupt him. He's gonna have to eat those ration buckets with his side of rear end when this is over.

Assuming the jury isn't poisoned with Q.

The jury is just deciding damages. There's no opportunity to for him to escape without paying, and the only way he can say anything in his defense during the trial on damages is if he travels to Connecticut for deposition over the next two weeks.

MA-Horus posted:

Knowledge fight did an amazing episode with one of the lawyers doing the depositions on InfoWars folks

1) I hope I never need to sit for a deposition with a lawyer who is very happy with long, awkward silences while casually munching on a bulk bag of gummi worms

2) InfoWars staff are either morons, tremendous assholes or both.

They make money spreading absolute horseshit and lies - it's both.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mr. Nice! posted:

They make money spreading absolute horseshit and lies - it's both.

Don't forget the snake oil supplements.