Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

David Moyes spent 10 years at Everton proving that you don't need trophies to be a winner but he is a winner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Have some completely non-controversial advanced stats that won't upset anyone

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Me duel ratings!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Hmm i wonder why TAA has no set piece headers....

Its kind of useless even compiling these stats as everyone at this point should know hes going to be an outlier, its like comparing Firmino's goal scoring compared to a regular no 9

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Hmm i wonder why TAA has no set piece headers....

I think these are all defensive set pieces. Also it's a weighted success rating, not a number of duels.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

I think these are all defensive set pieces. Also it's a weighted success rating, not a number of duels.

Fair enough. Still think they are generally worthless stats as he's not really played as a defender

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Fair enough. Still think they are generally worthless stats as he's not really played as a defender

They are worthless for comparing who would be best suited for Liverpool. For England on the other hand, I suspect they are very much looked at.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

They are worthless for comparing who would be best suited for Liverpool. For England on the other hand, I suspect they are very much looked at.

Possibly but I'm pretty sure it's already been established that he doesn't get picked for England unless it's a specific type of game or if Southgate has two DMs that can do what Henderson does for Liverpool.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
There are still quite a few Liverpool fans (online at least) who expect him to get moved to midfield as he gets older. I don't know why. He's got a certain role that works really well for him and I think he'll just have to come to terms with having a less-than-exciting international team career.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

did trippier actually look like he was done or did spurs just do a spurs in selling him

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

did trippier actually look like he was done or did spurs just do a spurs in selling him

Bit of both i think, he had mentally checked out iirc and wanted to leave

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

TheRat posted:

i'd be quite happy if he never really played that much for england so please make sure the advanced stats are known far and wide

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
*fat man waddles out onto High St, swinging a bell and belting out* "Hear ye! Hear ye! Trent Arnold Alexander has a weighted duel rating of eleven in open play headers! The advanced stats don't lie! Hear ye! Hear ye!"

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
it probably isn't said often enough but TAA is in most respects david beckham II

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

bewbies posted:

it probably isn't said often enough but TAA is in most respects david beckham II

Since you've said it at least once I'd say it's been said far more often than it ever needed to be.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

jesus WEP posted:

Think he'd been injured and not been given a proper chance to recover and then spurs did a spurs

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Trippier was good for a long time for spurs, after he had a very good world cup in 2018 he had his worst season in 18/19 and it wasn't a crazy idea to sell him at that point.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Vinestalk posted:

*fat man waddles out onto High St, swinging a bell and belting out* "Hear ye! Hear ye! Trent Arnold Alexander has a weighted duel rating of eleven in open play headers! The advanced stats don't lie! Hear ye! Hear ye!"

another day for you and me in portsmouth

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

another day for you and me in portsmouth

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Genuinely saddened to see that Google no longer suggests his name when you start typing "the oval office with the bell", even if the top results are all still about him.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/oilysailor/status/1507287160063508497

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I did a ctrl-f and somehow he’s never given a red to Xhaka???

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I don’t know where this goes but it’s wild that this is only the second-to-craziest poo poo to come out in the past 24 hours

https://twitter.com/bellingcat/status/1508463513013997580?s=21&t=fTSH3i1O36ZjtFb3plIo2A

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
apparently the poisoning was just a 'prank' poisoning to make them scared

those russians eh

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

*extremely Boney M voice*

Eau de MacGowan posted:

those russians eh

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I had the same symptoms when my wife was making chili with habanero peppers this weekend, tbf

Shroud
May 11, 2009
"Russian entrepreneur".

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so close but so far

https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1508873116201721865?s=20&t=D_8qHhi1ZX_WwPFk8XNWFQ

Jexner
Feb 11, 2010
3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
https://www.premierleague.com/news/2555680
Premier League Shareholders met today and discussed a range of matters.
Five substitutes

Clubs agreed to change the rules relating to substitute players.

From next season, clubs will be permitted to use five substitutions, to be made on three occasions during a match, with an additional opportunity at half-time.

A total of nine substitutes can be named on the team sheet.
Summer transfer window

It was also confirmed that the Summer 2022 Transfer Window will open on 10 June and will close at 23:00 BST on 1 September in line with other European leagues.
Updated COVID measures

In addition, the Premier League has today updated its remaining COVID-19 measures.

From 4 April, the League will remove twice-weekly COVID-19 testing of players and staff and move to symptomatic testing only.

Other key updates include the removal of the requirement for clinical passports to access previously restricted areas at training grounds and on matchdays as the Premier League returns to business-as-usual operations.

The wellbeing of players and staff remains a priority and the Premier League will continue to monitor the national COVID-19 situation and adapt League-wide protocols as required, in line with the latest guidance from public health authorities and medical experts.

Jexner fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 31, 2022

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:

Jexner posted:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2555680
Premier League Shareholders met today and discussed a range of matters.
Five substitutes

Clubs agreed to change the rules relating to substitute players.

From next season, clubs will be permitted to use five substitutions, to be made on three occasions during a match, with an additional opportunity at half-time.

A total of nine substitutes can be named on the team sheet.
Summer transfer window

It was also confirmed that the Summer 2022 Transfer Window will open on 10 June and will close at 23:00 BST on 1 September in line with other European leagues.
Updated COVID measures

In addition, the Premier League has today updated its remaining COVID-19 measures.

From 4 April, the League will remove twice-weekly COVID-19 testing of players and staff and move to symptomatic testing only.

Other key updates include the removal of the requirement for clinical passports to access previously restricted areas at training grounds and on matchdays as the Premier League returns to business-as-usual operations.

The wellbeing of players and staff remains a priority and the Premier League will continue to monitor the national COVID-19 situation and adapt League-wide protocols as required, in line with the latest guidance from public health authorities and medical experts.

"The wellbeing of players and staff remains a priority", which is why we're getting rid of precautionary testing

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Five subs is decadent, Leeds have lasted an entire season not making any subs ever and it's turned out fine*

Jexner
Feb 11, 2010
3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Nobody has made the April thread yet.
So have this: https://twitter.com/ChelseaSTrust/status/1510172690811920386

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Jexner posted:

Nobody has made the April thread yet.
So have this: https://twitter.com/ChelseaSTrust/status/1510172690811920386
Surprised it's that low because TBH at the current time about 97% of Chicago Cubs fans have no confidence in the Ricketts' family's ability to successfully run their Major League Baseball club.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Chelsea fans caring about inclusivity? That's a pleasant surprise!

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1510232485271117826

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol that's shameless

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

What are the exact details of the proposal? I can’t read the actual article because of a paywall.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
using uefa coefficients to determine if the winner should get the spot. So a back door for the "big 6" missing out, but no way in for teams that haven't been in or around European competition.

quote:

The FA Cup winners could potentially qualify for the Champions League from 2024 under new rules being agreed by Uefa - but only if they are one of the clubs in Europe with a historic record of success in Uefa competitions.

The new proposals will see the two extra places in a new 36-team Champions League awarded on co-efficient from 2024 - the formula that Uefa uses to measure historic success in the competition. The Champions League places will be awarded to the two non-qualified clubs ranked highest on the Uefa co-efficient list, as long as they have either finished one league place outside the Champions League spots in their own domestic league, or won their domestic cup.

By way of example, if Crystal Palace were to win this season’s FA Cup final, there would be no prospect of the club earning a Champions League place because of its non-existent Uefa co-efficient. However, if one of the other three clubs in the semi-finals - Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City - were to finish outside the Premier League’s top four, winning the FA Cup would be a route for them into the Champions League. All three have a strong Uefa co-efficient ranking.

The safety-net approach to giving big clubs with historic success a second chance of qualifying - while denying it to smaller clubs - has caused outrage among some. The West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady said that change of heart over co-efficient places by Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin was “Putin-esque”. Writing in The Sun, she said the Uefa president was “nodding to a rich boys’ club who don’t like the idea of fair competition at home leaving them without a ticket to further big bucks abroad.”

It is understood that the new rules are very close to agreement with a Uefa presentation to the European Club Association (ECA) - the key negotiating body for clubs in Europe - last Monday. From 2024, the Champions League will switch from a 32-team, eight-group system to a 36-team single league table in its first round. The “Swiss model” will add 100 more games per season to the competition. The clubs will play 10 group-stage games against opponents determined by a seeding system.

The big debate between Uefa and the ECA, even before the launch of the doomed Super League one year ago, was the award of two places to clubs on the basis of historic performance - the Uefa co-efficient. After the Super league was defeated by Uefa and national associations and leagues it was thought that the two co-efficient places would be abandoned in favour of meritocratic qualification based on performance in the preceding league season alone.

However, Ceferin has been obliged to compromise. His deputy secretary general, Giorgio Marchetti, explained to clubs this week how the two extra teams would be drawn from Uefa’s co-efficient list. Uefa administrators would go down the list from the top until they found a club that had not qualified for the Champions League via their domestic league position. If that club had either finished one place outside the Champions League spots in their own league, or won their domestic cup, they would get a co-efficient place, limited to a total of two.

Applying the rules being proposed for post-2024 to last season, 2020/2021, would have seen Shakhtar Donetsk and Lyon qualify for the Champions League via the co-efficient path. Shakhtar finished second in the Ukraine Premier League, one place outside the single Champions League spot awarded to the winner. Lyon finished fourth in Ligue 1. From 2024, France will have three Champions League spots, which would leave Lyon just outside those places. Of the non-qualified teams, Shakhtar and Lyon had the best co-efficient.

Applying the post-2024 rules to the 2019/2020 season would have seen Arsenal qualify for the Champions League by virtue of their 2020 FA Cup triumph. Although the club finished eighth in the Premier League, the domestic cup victory would have brought a strong co-efficient into play. Roma would have been the other co-efficient qualified team. They finished fifth in Serie A that season and under post-2024 rules Italy will have four Champions League places.

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 3, 2022

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

game’s gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Please bring back the Super League.