Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CyberPingu posted:

Oooh you're hard aren't you mate.

He's not gonna shag you, and neither is Putin. stfu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

yeah, the "all victims" reads pretty vaguely to me, but at the same time if he actually gives it to the red cross or something and they use it to support both russian and ukrainian casualties then fair enough

not sure how far one ken bates pound will go in that context, but it's better than nothing

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
It must be nice to be able to just casually write off ,£1.5bn in debt owed to you, and then donate the profits of selling one of your most valuable assets.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

FullLeatherJacket posted:

not sure how far one ken bates pound will go in that context, but it's better than nothing

one ken bates pound can get you half of st. petersburg right about now

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

one ken bates pound can get you half of st. petersburg right about now

Somewhere in Monaco a fax machine fires up

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Surely the owner writing off £1.5bn has to factor into FFP somehow?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Surely the owner writing off £1.5bn has to factor into FFP somehow?

lol

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
i for one totally trust the russian crony billionaire when he says that he is going to give the money to the Ukrainian victims

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I dunno writing off 2bio to potentially save your other 12bio seems like a smart move?

The most likely scenario seems to be that he is both an amoral operator and also donating all the proceeds from the sale of Chelsea to charity

Adun fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 3, 2022

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm totally willing to believe he's doing a firesale of all UK assets including Chelsea, but I'll believe the claim about charity when I see it and I won't be surprised if it all goes to the Roman Abramovich Foundation or some poo poo like that.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vyelkin posted:

I'm totally willing to believe he's doing a firesale of all UK assets including Chelsea, but I'll believe the claim about charity when I see it and I won't be surprised if it all goes to the Roman Abramovich Foundation or some poo poo like that.

Wasn't it 'all victims of the war' rather than specifically ukrainians? If so, that leaves a lot of room for fuckery.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

TheRat posted:

Wasn't it 'all victims of the war' rather than specifically ukrainians? If so, that leaves a lot of room for fuckery.

It's going to the Russian Military Confidence Fund, the biggest casualty of the war so far

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Or 'Oligarchs who lost their yachts' fund

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Stop doing a close reading of a press release. He can say what he wants. It means nothing.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Mrenda posted:

Stop doing a close reading of a press release. He can say what he wants. It means nothing.

Listen there's no footy now til Saturday we can make as many wild speculations as we want

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah let’s talk about how Conor McGregor is def gonna buy them

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
IRL grade school aquattiance was sharing and saying "make this happen":

quote:

REPORT: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has accepted an offer from Ukraine to help negotiate a “peaceful resolution” to the Russian invasion.
Ukrainian side have been trying to find someone in Russian willing to help them in finding a peaceful resolution. Roman Abramovich is the only one who responded and taken it upon himself to try.

:lol:

He also posted the Chelsea statement about the sale and said "heartbroken" while also having said nothing about Ukraine. What sad, out of touch privilege.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Is this the talks he was involved in earlier this week or new ones?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Mickolution posted:

Is this the talks he was involved in earlier this week or new ones?

It's literally fake news, I guess I should have mentioned that. There is no news about it, just random social media nonsense he didn't bother to check. I just find it funny, the cognitive dissonance of fans.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

T Bowl posted:

It's literally fake news, I guess I should have mentioned that. There is no news about it, just random social media nonsense he didn't bother to check. I just find it funny, the cognitive dissonance of fans.

He was involved in the talks at the Belarus border on Monday.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60552754

Unless that was bullshit, but it was reported by BBC, Sky etc. They were saying a Ukrainian friend had asked him for help. First person I thought of was Sheva, but it was apparently a film director.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/JohnTerry26/status/1499297510984146949?t=u4QldIsi4zCFmAbpE4X8Ow&s=19

What a oval office

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i hate him so much op

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Eagerly awaiting John Terry’s Oligarch Apes NFT collection with the first one being Abramovich on a yacht

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

All My Yachts Are Gone

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Which one?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Which one?

yes

It's a quantum cuntularity

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
man that is unreal from Terry even an in age where nothing should be surprising any more and from a man who appears to have no bottom to his lows

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

EC10 posted:

man that is unreal from Terry even an in age where nothing should be surprising any more and from a man who appears to have no bottom to his lows
That would suggest that John Terry is either self-aware or has any sense of shame.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
terry's lack of self-awareness should never be in question

quote:

Quizzed about his disciplinary record throughout his playing days, Terry was asked to repeat evidence that he had been sent off four times in his career.

“Can you say, please, four times?” asked his QC, George Carter-Stephenson.

“Please, please, please, please,” Terry responded.

The courtroom broke into hysteria in response to Terry’s comments and according to reports, he appeared confused by the reaction from the courtroom and couldn’t figure out what they found so funny.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
i regret there is no video footage of that incident

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

qsvui posted:

i regret there is no video footage of that incident

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
give this to some chelsposter as an av imo

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
mint it as a NFT and sell it to JT

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Barry Shitpeas posted:

mint it as a NFT and sell it to JT

It's what he'd want, tbf

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Enjoying Conte just continually kicking off at the entire setup at spurs

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlasdairGold/status/1499742034038513664

the grauniad posted:

Antonio Conte has said that Tottenham’s doctors ought to explain publicly why Oliver Skipp remains out with a pelvic injury as he betrayed his irritation over the midfielder’s continued absence.

Skipp last played for Spurs in the 2-0 Premier League defeat at Chelsea on 23 January and Conte said on 8 February that the medical department ought to have him back in two weeks, although he was putting pressure on them to make it seven to 10 days at most.

“Oliver Skipp, it is a pity,” Conte said. “In England, I think that sometimes you should have a [press] conference with the medical department. It is too easy for the doctors to work here because they don’t speak, they don’t explain what happens, you understand? Sometimes I think that could be good … if, in two weeks … to have a good press conference with the medical department to explain about the situation that they are trying to take care of their players.

“Skipp is not ready. He’s having this problem with groin pain. He is fighting. He could recover before but maybe something was wrong. And now we have to wait.”

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
lol he came to London expressly to steal a truckload of Levy's money and gently caress off back to Italy, ya hate to see it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i don’t hate it at all, it rules

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Yeah even as a spurs fan it's insanely good for our own coach to call out organizational failings and the fact that he does it in public rules more because it puts Levy on the spot

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

lads I think newcastle are going to stay up

this is the worst timeline and I have prepared us all felt goatees to wear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

vyelkin posted:

give this to some chelsposter as an av imo

please please please please