Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hello and welcome once again to the AEW prediction game!

Here's the link to the form: https://forms.gle/io4anKpVu4Yon46h6

A few notes to try and head off any questions, but I'll keep this updated as best I can with any others:

-Because I don't want to wait until late on Friday Night to post this, if you want to pick Ethan Page or Christian to win the ladder match you can just pick both of them.

-For the World Title prop, "getting involved" is an attempt to interfere or coming out to prevent said attempt. Both of these, as always, are up to my discretion. If you want a good example of a line I drew: the Bucks during the Full Gear main event would not have counted for the purposes of this prop.

-"Nobody" is a valid answer for the Women's championship prop.

-Yes, I left open predictions off again. While I don't have the excuse of being there live this time, honestly each of the last two shows had over 200 entries and keeping track of that many open predictions really limits my enjoyment of the show because I have to always be on the lookout for them. I do love the really creative ones though so by all means post them in the thread if you have any.

-

IcePhoenix posted:

finally had a chance to watch Rampage and even though they originally said it was a 7 man ladder match in the leadup to Revolution the last couple weeks if it is just six and there's no mystery man then the question will be thrown out. So have fun with it and guess a person because you won't get points for being sneaky and guessing nobody

Also, tell me about some of your favorite RoH memories and matches so I can come back to this thread for recommendations when Tony Khan launches the AEW Network.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

All submissions: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdxoNduYSh93-pt-rzWA5P1Jfd_Rw9Mc7EzuxWFwixHGeExOg/viewanalytics
My only memory of RoH is the Danielson poster where the show logo is right at groin height.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I have used my gigabrain and elected all the correct responses.

bartok
May 10, 2006

My favorite ROH memory is whenever they'd come to Cincinnati they'd use the Masonic Center. It was just a really cool building and you'd always see Jimmy Wang Yang's Redneck Party Bus in the parking lot.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
My open prediction is that the biggest in-match pop of the night will be during the ladder match when there is a three way standoff between Keith Lee, Powerhouse Hobbs, and Wardlow

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I went to a ton of ROH shows whenever they came to my city but my favorite memory will always be being front row for the Briscoes vs the Motor City Machine Guns. It's my favorite tag match ever.

Biggest pop of Revolution will absolutely be when Rosa beats Britt.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I keep forgetting to toss my votes into any prediction games, but I remembered this time so let's see how I do!

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Literally the only full ROH show I've watched was the cursed supercard in MSG where Enzo and Cass invaded. Not sure if or how this will affect my predictions.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I only watched one ROH show, it was from I think 2009 and the main was Tyler Black vs Roderick Strong. It was a very good match but what really blew me away was a random match on the undercard between Christopher Daniels and some dork named Kenny Omega

Biggest pop of the night is gonna be for Eddie beating Jericho

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Made my predictions. Probably my fondest ROH memory was the show where there was a Triple Threat Elimination for the ROH title between Nigel, Claudio and Danielson. The key thing I remember from it is Claudio getting eliminated first and losing his poo poo and assaulting Danielson, and Nigel has this absolutely amazing combination of :haw: and :aaa: on his face as he realizes that Claudio has basically guaranteed Nigel will retain his title. It was wonderful :allears:

Looking it up, it was Death Before Dishonor VI and it was a four-way, Tyler Black (Seth Rollins) was also in the match!

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
I love how as of this post the predictions for the Punk/MJF match are split 50/50. I also love that I'm probably going to wind up near the bottom of the results list, despite joining the majority on most of the choices.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm going to wait until Rampage to make my predictions. Someone comes in every PPV to laugh at all of the fools who make their predictions before the Rampage, and having considered it they have a point.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm going to wait until Rampage to make my predictions. Someone comes in every PPV to laugh at all of the fools who make their predictions before the Rampage, and having considered it they have a point.

Yeah but did you ever check where they come in the results table? :smug:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wanting paul london to beat xavier. believing he would that second time. naivete

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Looking forward to fail most of them because I'm bad at predictions :haw:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

kind of shocked people think Statlander will win especially after her promo + how little people think HFO could win. Feels like Leyla + Andrade badly need wins and this is the right place to do so.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
With the AHFO, this is almost definitely leading to Jeff coming in, so the match has to be the breaking point between Matt and Private Party/Andrade. Harder (but not impossible) to do that if they win.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gaz-L posted:

With the AHFO, this is almost definitely leading to Jeff coming in, so the match has to be the breaking point between Matt and Private Party/Andrade. Harder (but not impossible) to do that if they win.

This was my logic too.

I just picked Stat because I like her more and I feel like she's more likely to have it lead to something else on TV

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you're supposed to pick who you want to win. that's why it's called a prediction. diction means 'the choice and use of words and phrases in speech or writing', and in this case it simply means your choice. pre means prefix, or 'the before'. it's your choice before. if you were supposed to guess waht someone else is going to choose or do then you'd have to come up with a different word for that. i doubt the op would have made such a massive error and caused so many people like me to receive a free perfect score due to their own mistake.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
No you should be predicting the actual outcomes. That's why they're called predictions instead of another word that is not "predictions".

Following basic written instructions is a cool thing to be able to do as an adult human being.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the above guy made me mad. please do the needful

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I am I think the only person who thinks that Cole is gonna win huh?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LionYeti posted:

so far, yes

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
In the whole entire world

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is it – this is the time I finally do well in the prediction game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

LionYeti posted:

It's ok, someone has to be the mark :)

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

My only memories of RoH are watching the first couple episodes when they got a weekly show and not knowing who anyone was, being annoyed by the terrible lighting, and laughing really hard the first time I looked at Beer City Bruiser.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I am ready to score mediocrely on the prediction game

but at least we'll all be winners because it means we're watching Revolution.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

LionYeti posted:

Are you also the person who thinks QT is going over HOOK?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The first ROH show I went to was the first Global Wars in Toronto and it was one of the best live shows I've been to. Nakamura, Steen, and a grip of others were on the card before they signed with WWE.

ROH gave me some of my favourite live experiences ever, even if I didn't always connect with the tv product. Here's some pics I took at a random tv taping in 2016. This card would be ppv quality now. Heck, it was even then.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is that Okada with Matt Sydal?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

Is that Okada with Matt Sydal?

It is! There were some great matches on that card. I think I've told this story before but I was sitting right on the aisle next to the guardrail and it was Ishii vs Lio Rush (!!), and Ishii whipped Lio so hard into the rail that it left a bruise all up my right leg. I love ROH.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
love all the variations on "third from last" in the answers.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flashy_mcflash posted:

It is! There were some great matches on that card. I think I've told this story before but I was sitting right on the aisle next to the guardrail and it was Ishii vs Lio Rush (!!), and Ishii whipped Lio so hard into the rail that it left a bruise all up my right leg. I love ROH.

Okada/Sydal and Ishii/Lio sound hella hype

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sir Tonk posted:

love all the variations on "third from last" in the answers.

honestly with that prop as long as your intent is clear to me it's pretty easy to score, even though it would be a lot easier if people would just use a number

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've decided rosa voters will receive more points if she wins, now (different points from this game)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Counting back is easier than counting forward

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

Okada/Sydal and Ishii/Lio sound hella hype

IIRC that card had Hiromu vs Liger also. On a random tv taping! Crazy!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

IcePhoenix posted:

honestly with that prop as long as your intent is clear to me it's pretty easy to score, even though it would be a lot easier if people would just use a number

I can never remember how many matches are on the card, and one time they moved a match from the Buy-In to the main show and that would have thrown everything off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Ganso Bomb posted:

I can never remember how many matches are on the card, and one time they moved a match from the Buy-In to the main show and that would have thrown everything off

The poll had 9 so I just went with that as the "official" total.

Thanks for running the contest IceP!