Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

rantmo posted:

TK doesn't book Dark or Elevation, the Captain does.

Why do you know that? aren't you an extra? :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

Tony will go crazy will all the stress of booking ROH weekly, Dynamite, Dark; elevation, Dark, Rampage, as well as overseeing Fulham Fc and the Jaguars.

Tony is going to prove booking wrestling is actually pretty easy to do.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MassRafTer posted:

It's going to basically be "You two feud" then let the characters dictate what happens, and then let the story evolve from that.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1504910302663614483?s=21

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

a rick rude facial hair stunt

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1504914894210146316

CHIVERS
Apr 28, 2004

c'est quand meme la honte
bbt wins again

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yessss now do Deonna/Britt

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

gently caress yeah Tone

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I've been thinking about this a lot, recently. Tony Kahn's booking seems to be pairing people together and hoping it turns out well, and it has been. There seems to be a bigger emphasis on what the wrestlers themselves can bring to the angles, which I imagine will work out pretty regularly as long as your locker room isn't toxic.
From a persona perspective, if I were working tv for 15 minutes a week and I had any amount of advance notice that it was going to happen, I'd probably spend hours contemplating what I was going to do, even if it's just the plane or car ride over. That's probably more deep thought about a quarter hour of television than WWE usually has.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Guess I'll buy Supercard of Honor now. Wonder if there'll be a noticeable shift in the production or if they'll use the previous team and everything.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Okay, so this match has been brewing for a while on social media, etc.

But then the story came out recently that there were WB execs who didn't want Dem Boys in AEW because of past remarks that they've since apologized for.

What if ... just what if ... Big Biceps Tony bought ROH just so he could have this match happen under his watch :v:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That match is going to rule, and also feels like the starting gun of Tony owned ROH.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The owner of one two major wrestling companies shouting out Rick Rude's moustache, what a world we live in

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I have to admit, this is the most intrigued I’ve been for an ROH show in years.

Now, am I going to get the PPV….that I don’t know. Drop some more awesome bouts, TK!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

blast0rama posted:

I have to admit, this is the most intrigued I’ve been for an ROH show in years.

Now, am I going to get the PPV….that I don’t know. Drop some more awesome bouts, TK!

iirc so far we've got Gresham vs Bandido (banger), Dem Boys vs FTR (banger) and Swerve vs Alex Zayne (very likely a banger). I'd be very surprised if Deonna didn't have a title match, and Josh Woods cut a promo about the Pure title on Dark this week so there's every chance he'll be there too.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Briscoes are the only ROH act i like so I hope Tony brings in some other big shot AEW stars to pin those other ROH indie geeks

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Supercard of Honor will end with the AEW talent going over in every match then TK inserts Brian Cage into the main event and he goes over too while Tony gets a mic and laughs 'ROH, welcome to the big leagues kid'

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Supercard of Honor will end with the AEW talent going over in every match then TK inserts Brian Cage into the main event and he goes over too while Tony gets a mic and laughs 'ROH, welcome to the big leagues kid'

but... but... those are things I DON'T want to happen!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1506056999456366604?s=21

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Man really left ROH early just to get brought right back into it.

Should be a good match tho

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1507442255321309191?s=20&t=ULy9Dw24KtfltPbInh8uyA

Hell yeah

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Well this is a fine way to prove himself to Regal and his tough boys

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Briscoes-FTR
Gresham-Bandido
Lethal-Moriarty
Swerve-Zayne
Yuta-Woods

That’s a drat good card so far

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The one thing is it is fairly easy to imagine the Pure and Tag title matches moving the belts on to guys TK already has under deals. And the rumour mill suggests Gresham might be as well.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

The one thing is it is fairly easy to imagine the Pure and Tag title matches moving the belts on to guys TK already has under deals. And the rumour mill suggests Gresham might be as well.

They seem pretty interested in Woods so I could see that match going either way.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Would any Carolina goons like to get together to watch Supercard of Honor (and maybe Rampage)? I can host if need be, but I'm in Charlotte and I don't know how convenient that'd be for folks. Send me a PM if you're interested!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I would start an action figure line.

https://twitter.com/JeremyCom/status/1507904664750108672

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I feel like hardcore fans would pay a lot of money for a really good quality ROH Punk figure.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

So we're now up to six announced matches for Supercard:
Jonathan Gresham vs Bandito for the ROH title
FTR vs Briscoes for the tag titles
Mercedes Martinez vs Willow Nightingale for the interim women's title
Josh Woods vs Wheeler Yuta for the Pure title
Jay Lethal vs Lee Moriarty
Alex Zayne vs Swerve

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1508587421390282756

Interested to know what else will get announced. Hoping they have a few more matches with ROH regulars in them. Rhett Titus still has the TV title, right? Or are they saving that for TV?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The women's match is, according to Khan, because he doesn't want to make Deonna work twice in the same night... except the Briscoes are also booked on the Impact show?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

The women's match is, according to Khan, because he doesn't want to make Deonna work twice in the same night... except the Briscoes are also booked on the Impact show?

It's probably because Deonna has taped ROH title defenses coming up but he can't really just say that. Doesn't Impact keep kayfabe on their tapings?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Pylons posted:

It's probably because Deonna has taped ROH title defenses coming up but he can't really just say that. Doesn't Impact keep kayfabe on their tapings?

Spoilers note Purrazzo defends A championship during the latest round of tapings, but doesn't specify whether it was the ROH or AAA title.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Not sure why they'd go for an interim title instead of a #1 contendership. Taya Valkyrie is #1 contender for the AAA Women's title but that doesn't stop Deonna from defending it against other women.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Not sure why they'd go for an interim title instead of a #1 contendership. Taya Valkyrie is #1 contender for the AAA Women's title but that doesn't stop Deonna from defending it against other women.

That makes less sense to me than an interim, to be honest.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I really am baffled by how much wrestling fans hate interim titles. It's obviously a silly conceit but it's something that exists in actual combat sports and it gives you a prop and easy storyline to play with

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

That makes less sense to me than an interim, to be honest.
In Taya's case at least, it seems to be #1 Contender*

*within AAA, whenever the champion can make it here next

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

I'm guessing we'll get a bunch of Impact people coming through the portal that is forbidden to do some RoH stuff further down the line, including Deonna Purrazzo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Plz add Shane Taylor vs Brody King. Card needs more beef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

xbilkis posted:

I really am baffled by how much wrestling fans hate interim titles. It's obviously a silly conceit but it's something that exists in actual combat sports and it gives you a prop and easy storyline to play with

combat sports fans also despise interim titles, because they stink