Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm guessing Mercedes wins because she's on an AEW contract already, but man it'd be neat if Willow won. She's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm betting Willow because there have been rumblings they want to sign her anyway and she's perfect for the new ROH launch.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Willow is a very good fit for ROH and would make an excellent champion.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/CapriceColeman/status/1509308620160258058?s=20&t=PaMUGnR0DlGWJ6sZc87LSg

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Well I ordered this and the Collective bundle so I'll be watching a lot of wrestling this weekend

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will be watching this show...on demand.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I asked a customer that works for Sinclair and comes in to watch AEW every week if he had any idea about the future of RoH on Sinclair.

He said that his friend in ad sales said they have no problem selling ads for RoH. They’re requested. It airs late Saturday afternoon depending on sports. Then 1130 on nbc and 1230 on cbs Sunday nights. And probably another random weekend time on CW.

It’s anecdotal to my mid 80s population TV market. But I hope that it’s a good sign that Sinclair or some form of syndication will continue beyond September when everything changes on tv.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lamuella posted:

Willow is a very good fit for ROH and would make an excellent champion.

Yeah she's really good, definitely looked best in the tournament they had last year (although I 100% understand why they went with Rok-C in that situation).

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Is it too late for Quinn McKay to get out of her WWE contract?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Cross-posting from the Impact Wrestling thread, but I've just now realized that the most recent set of tapings MIGHT have spoiled the women's match at Supercard of Honor on Friday.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/cultofP1/status/1509603093335494664

Ninja Mack is still on the show, wrestling Tully's new client.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1509645155867021312?s=20&t=8RIIUQMUJqJwUukfy8iP7Q

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
What in the world

How the hell is Rhett loving Titus going to beat Suzuki?

It's gotta be a DQ or countout, right? And ROH isn't known for DQs.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wrestling is back.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

cocaine tony putting an roh title on suzuki

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Can't believe I'm going to buy and watch an ROH PPV in 2022, Bless Tony Khan.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Elephant Ambush posted:

What in the world

How the hell is Rhett loving Titus going to beat Suzuki?

It's gotta be a DQ or countout, right? And ROH isn't known for DQs.

Or Suzuki's getting belted up. Which would be absolutely awesome.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Need some clarification from Big Dave on whether you're supposed to consider both ROH and AEW for Tony's Best Booker award next year.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Pylons posted:

Need some clarification from Big Dave on whether you're supposed to consider both ROH and AEW for Tony's Best Booker award next year.

First place, Tony for AEW. Second place, Tony for ROH even if it's just this show.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Lamuella posted:

Or Suzuki's getting belted up. Which would be absolutely awesome.

I guess? But Suzuki isn't staying in America very long. I guess maybe they could bring him back later this year to drop it to someone else.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I have zero doubt Tony Khan would take the opportunity to say he has Minoru Suzuki holding a title in one of his feds

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

First place, Tony for AEW. Second place, Tony for ROH even if it's just this show.

Neither of these Tonys were responsible for booking Zack to win the NJC though :confused:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This and FTR/Briscoes are the only matches I really care about on the card.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Neither of these Tonys were responsible for booking Zack to win the NJC though :confused:

*tony pulls off rubber Gedo mask* wasn't I?

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ivypls posted:

cocaine tony putting an roh title on suzuki

Cocaine Tony gonna send his army of Dark jobbers led by the Captain Shawn Dean in to squash Gresham and Bandido in the main event, Invasion 2.0 baby!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Saul Goode posted:

Cocaine Tony gonna send his army of Dark jobbers led by the Captain Shawn Dean in to squash Gresham and Bandido in the main event, Invasion 2.0 baby!

I believe we call them "extras"

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

when was the last time roh had this much BUZZ?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Ringo Roadagain posted:

when was the last time roh had this much BUZZ?

when they announced it was shutting down

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Tony turning Bandido heel and pairing him with Chavo Guerrero is a bad idea

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

KungFu Grip posted:

Tony turning Bandido heel and pairing him with Chavo Guerrero is a bad idea

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1509662351422799875?s=20&t=clXoZ9qVDG7odSeIpcn9jg

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
He’s Dentified

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

may he make good on his threat to pull a rick rude tomorrow

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't see how you give the TV Title to someone who can't be on TV.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

If ROH does do more TV, it'll be batch tapings. Bring Suzuki in when NJPW does their DC show, have him do 2-3 matches over a few days, boom, you have like 3 months of stuff.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Give him the title now, bring him over for your first TV tapings, start them off with a bang, have him drop the title to someone fun then.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

my man got that walter white

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

I guess? But Suzuki isn't staying in America very long. I guess maybe they could bring him back later this year to drop it to someone else.

I mean that’s exactly what they did with Ishii and KUSHIDA. It’s a belt that isn’t prominently important, so you can slap it on a guy who will wear it in his home promotion, but not worry about it stifling plans to raise a guy’s profile too high, because it’s like the first step title (and putting it on a strapping young lad that beats Suzuki gives a greater spotlight than doing the same thing but beating Titus, let’s just admit that much)

Think of it the same way the NEVER title is. You can put it on a guy not doing much, you can put it on someone in a different promotion you’re friendly with, and if you’re in a particularly tight pinch (think of the pandemic period where Mox had the US belt and was stuck overseas and they’d just made the IC and IWGP belts Double Gold so they couldn’t just split them), it can serve as your midcard title.

The Cameo fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 1, 2022

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Isn't Suzuki still a freelancer? He's not involved in any storylines at the moment really so it would be pretty easy if he was going to stay a bit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Bring Suzuki in when NJPW does their DC show,
Plz for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Suzuki is here for at least two weeks, he’s working West Coast Pro on Friday the 15th

https://twitter.com/wcproofficial/status/1506449274447433729