Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Hey folks, I'm here to tell you about how cool books are.

You can read something completely made up, or about something/someone/somewhere or whatever that was not made up at all.

But if you do it with an ebook, you're a gosh darned idiot. ebooks are stupid as poo poo, because the best part of a book, is the book itself.

First and foremost, that new book smell. Or even that thrift store book smell. Daaaaaamn. Then when you read it you actually get to turn the pages rather than swipe the screen. As a result of that, you get to see the spine of your book grow wrinkles as you work through the book.

Then you get the pleasure of looking at your books on the shelf, with their wrinkled spines, and be like "hell yeah, I remember that book, I'm gonna read it again."

Thread title mentions bad books, I don't think we should talk about them. But talking about how good books are, and even suggesting good books to read is cool ITT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

chaosbreather posted:

i think the only people who like physical books have never tried to move house

I understand this because a few years ago I chose to move nearer to family with what I could pack into a sedan. Took most of my books to Half Price Books and got a sum equivalent to a tank of gas for dozens of books I'd read, would have loved to keep, but couldn't travel with. I still like books.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm sorry that books are bad now because of USB sticks. This was an unfortunate turn of events I did not see coming.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

roomtone posted:

that's fine that you like to sniff paper or whatever but maybe don't go around saying ebooks are for idiots

well they are, freaking owned

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

kntfkr posted:

I'm rereading Musashi binch.

Musashi Balls mofugga!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

And then read a real gosh danged book!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Yeah I like books. What of it

What of it? Really dang good on ya!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

BIG TIT LIL NIP, I agree. The real book is better, but if you can get people books in their device that is good too.