Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Regular books are nice but ebooks are also nice. I really like them because if my SO is asleep I can use the backlight if the kindle to read instead of needing a lamp, and also my kindle is waterproof so I can read it in a tub or a pool or on the beach without having to worry about pages getting damaged. Speaking of reading on the beach, it was awesome when I finished my book and was able to just order the next one in the series from my chair instead of having to wait till I got home to buy a new one.

Also if I’m traveling for work I can have like a whole rear end library of books I could choose to read instead of fitting one or two in my backpack - it sucks to get on a plane or something and find that you don’t feel like reading the one physical book you brought. Or if you read more than you thought you would and finish your books too fast and don’t have anything to read for the rest of your trip.

Physical books are cool too though, but more to read during the day, not near water, while I’m at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU