Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I am here to evangelise for the Artway Doodle journal, which you can get from their own website or off Amazon, at least in the UK.

The paper is a gorgeous off-white and the cover is soft leatherish. They take fountain pen ink very well. I used one for my Apothecaria game and it worked excellently. And they have lots of colours, and they are not too expensive! about a tenner.

Here's a page from my game. You can see that the ink has feathered slightly but it's nothing to worry about by my standards.

Doodles:
https://artway.co.uk/artway-doodle-soft-leather-sketchbook-journal-175x125mm/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Siivola posted:

Well, in that case,

Stabilo Swano HB on a Leuchtturm1917 hardcover A5. Shoutouts to M+R, that sharpener is probably older than I am and still does a great job.

I like your handwriting.

Keetron - you're right about perspective! You have to know how to do it, but once you know, you can relax and it will still come out looking nice! Love your sketches, these are inspirational to me. Those Faber Castell Pitt pens are super nice, aren't they? I only have black ones and I think one sepia.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Everett False posted:

So this year I bought a bluetooth thermal printer and a few rolls of sticker paper.

...this is amazing. I want one of these real bad. Thank you for mentioning it

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I have acquired a phomemo M02 and it's adorable and I love it. I printed a pic of my cat and made a paperweight out of it. 10/10, would print again. Thanks for the tip, it had never occurred to me to get one even though I love buying stickers and such.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I was looking at that! Worth it you think?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Those are really nice! Sure you're not just showing off that you speak at least three languages?

Making my own art into little stickers has delighted me more than it probably should

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I like the mood tracker graph in particular!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Wow! Chaosqueen that's awesome, thanks for showing it off!! I love the footprints :)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Keetron posted:

The moleskine I mentioned earlier is filled and I started using a Dingbats Bee Book and it is pretty amazing in every way. If you ever come across one, grab it.

It's really pretty but that's quite a price tag! Do you mind elaborating on what's so good about it? I love the little bee logo.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Keetron posted:

As you said, it is pretty and well made, it is B5 which is between A5 and A4 basically giving you a lot of room for art. The 160gsm paper is a good to perfect texture for both pen, pencil and the PITT brush markers I use. The paper feels sturdy as well. Rounded corners, so it can take a beating without looking beat up right away. Everything about it says: Take me with you where you go.

I think the hefty price tag is part size, part quality and part Eco-promise.

Also I like it because I spend €25 on it and that makes be biased as hell.

Oooh I might be sold. I love the Pitt markers, they feel really nice to use. Excellent, thank you.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

coolusername posted:

Such is life in FFXIV

Oh, as for the stickers and stuff, Etsy my beloved. Obviously you'll need to find your own region to save on shipping, but for example https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/1160549209/washi-tape-sample-luck-dip-grab-bag-15cm?ref=yr_purchases&variation0=2414317402 10 washi tape samplers for $4 USD or https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/1119283175/kawaii-sticker-flake-grab-bag?ref=yr_purchases 20 grab bag stickers (actually ended up with 30, they tossed in a bunch of freebies) for $2 USD.

Look for mystery bag, grab bag, washi tape sampler and OOPs for the keywords and you'll easily find on etsy tonnes of people who'll send you a crazy amount of stationery for very cheap.

Thanks for this hint! Just ordered a couple of oops packs from someone who does *adorable Animal Crossing sticker sets.

I'm such a sucker for mystery bags. I have to limit myself sharply or I get in the ADHD gambling haze.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

coolusername posted:

You can't say that and then not say what the AC sticker shop is! I also crave the animal crossing.

Starwood Bay! UK based so can't promise anything about shipping.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I quite like the paperblanks just because I'm a sucker for a pretty cover.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Without checking I think I see 'I am a luck magnet!' 'I have lots of power and energy!' 'I eat healthily!' 'I am disciplined and hard working!' 'I have good and hard-working pupils!'

And maybe something about riding a bike to a particular town, which is also kickass:)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Using up stickers is a big motivation for my journal stuff.

Can't believe Paperchase are closing. Main source of notebooks for me for years!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Oooo might have to drop in.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Nice!! There are some really nice tarot sets out there. Please show us if you feel like it when you've decorated some pages!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Ooo I love a nice fat journal though.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Failson posted:

Techo arrived, and if nothing else, it will make me feel more organized. I've been using Field Notes, and while they're great for lists and keeping my finances in order, they're not great for longer term planning, and I've gotten sick of digital options again.

I used to live an die by a moleskin with monthly layouts, so the Day-Free option was perfect.

Oooo can we see a pic when you get a chance?

Man the stationery-sellers Paperchase closed a while ago forever and I am bereft. I used to go in and buy notebooks all the time.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Keetron posted:

Going back to paper color conversation, Hahnemuhle has two sketchbooks with tinted paper: Cappucino Book and the Grey Book and both are amazing for journalling and of course sketching. They are rather affordable.
Unlike this other book I saw on their site: https://www.hahnemuehle.shop/en/iconic-notebook/18300100
drat, I am not scared to spend on a great journal but this is a bit too much.

Goddamn if I spent that on a journal I would simply never use it. I already have a bit of 'I will ruin it' anxiety when starting a *normal* notebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Annath posted:

I bought a Midori 10-Year journal for the new year, and I've actually been using it. It helps that the space for each day is small, so I don't feel overwhelmed trying to "fill the space", and it makes me think about what to write.

Granted, my life is pretty boring, so not much need to pick one thing over another, but its neat.

Oof that's spendy, but so pretty! What colour's yours?