Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I have a Midori TN that I've carried around with me for years. I only actually write in it about once a week, but sometimes I go through spurts of writing every day when I have the time to do so. During the pandemic it became harder to sit down and write about stuff because I couldn't go out to my usual spot and get a drink while I wrote, and it's not like I had much to write about anyway. So I've fallen off a bit since then.

I try to leave spaces after significant life events so that I can come back and comment on them later. A few times I've returned to something I wrote years ago and I wanted to put down something about how my perspective has changed, or some words of encouragement that I could somehow fling into the past. I try to thi j of journaling as if I'm writing to myself in the future, so sometimes I will address myself, some different version of myself, when I am feeling particularly heavy about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Yeah, for left-handed, you generally want to seek out a couple of things:

1) fast-drying ink - you want ink that will soak into the paper quickly and bind without leaving a lot of pigment/gel/whatever on the paper surface. If it's stuck to the paper, it can't smear, right?
2) finer-writing tips - obviously, a finer writer will lay down less ink, leaving less for the paper to absorb, and less to smear. YMMV with this one
3) consider using a fine-tipped Sharpie. They make retractable pens that work nicely. I'm generally a fountain pen guy but those are such a hassle for left-handed writers that you may have to seek alternatives.
4) "toothy" paper - paper choice matters a lot but generally more fibrous paper has a better time "holding" modern inks than your fancier fountain pen-friendly papers that have a longer dry time. They also tend to absorb faster.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Did you check the datasheet?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Grovertruk was a year ago? Am I reading that right

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I bought a lead holder and some blue lead so I've been sketching stuff in an attempt to get better at sketching stuff

The white void is supposed to be a building but I forgot my sharpener so I haven't filled it in yet. So instead it is a magic forest cube

I'd like to get into integrating sketches into my journaling for the sake of filling out my entries a bit and going beyond just being like "went to class today, ate a good dinner, haven't gotten that package yet"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
That's why I went with a blue lead holder, it doesn't erase or rub off very well. Kinda forces me to commit to my lines but I can also shade and such

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

dervinosdoom posted:

I'm looking for a lead holder. What are you using?

I got this one.

Heath fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 16, 2022

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I got a little rotary sharpener for it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
They're just premade pages formatted for bullet journaling. If you don't know what that is, here's the website for it. It's essentially a hybrid journaling/scheduling/task management system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Basically yeah. They're made with customizability in mind.

It does run totally counter to the "keep it simple, stupid" ethic of bullet journaling but yeah it's basically meaningless at this point anyway