Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

froglet posted:

Some journal brands (may expand on this later, anyone with these - share your thoughts):
Leuchtturm 1917 (haven't used, hear it's good for fountain pens, they have recently released a range of these with thicker paper)
I bought a few A6/pocket notepads in 80g/m weight, they're ok for fountain pen use. Writing is visible through the paper which makes it a bit average for double-sided writing but there's no noticeable feathering or bleed through to other pages with the inks I've been using. The paper seems to take a few seconds to dry so not great for lefties, for right-handed writing it's fine as long as you give it a bit instead of closing wet pages together.

froglet posted:

Moleskine (haven't used)
Garbage paper for wet inks/fountain pens. Feathers and bleeds through constantly. Fine with gel inks/ballpoints/pencils though and pretty easy to find.

froglet posted:

Rhodia (haven't used)
Really nice paper, same weight as the leuchtturm notepads and yet with the same pen/ink the ink dries quickly and isn't visible through the page.

I've also tried Clairefontaine notepads and they're similar quality to Rhodia. Slightly heavier paper makes them take ink even better, dries pretty much immediately.

I've seen Field notes recommended a lot in the fountain pen thread but never tried them myself, been meaning to give them a shot though since they offer a range of pocket-sized pads in various designs and also manage to be relatively cheap compared to other brands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU