Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DurianGray
Dec 23, 2010

King of Fruits

Keetron posted:

Lamy Safari, the gateway drug to pen collecting. Everything considered, it is not even that stellar a pen but it is good in getting people hooked.

I need those notebooks in my life, how does the paper handle fountain pen ink?

edit: nvm, they don't sell in the EU

If you mean Archer and Olive, there's another company called Odyssey Notebooks https://odysseynotebooks.com/ that uses the exact same paper for their 160 gsm journals. It looks like there are a few retailers in the EU that sell them, including one in Germany that ships within the EU. It handles fountain pen ink very well! It's so thick it almost feels like overkill sometimes, but it takes markers and some paints really great too. (Translucent watercolor is the one thing it can't handle super well, but most multimedia papers can't so it's not surprising.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurianGray
Dec 23, 2010

King of Fruits

froglet posted:

... spicy opinions like Final Fantasy IX being the best FF game. :v:

This is correct.

On topic, I have a few blackout journals myself now and while I have a pretty big stock of gel pens that work with them, I've been having trouble thinking of what to use them for (there is a tiny one I've been keeping random notes in, but I have I think two blackout A5s and a B5 as well. The black paper just looks cool!). Although I have a pretty sizeable amount of regular white paper notebooks too, so that might be more of a me problem than one with the paper color at this point.

DurianGray
Dec 23, 2010

King of Fruits

How about IX is the best main line and Tactics is the best spinoff (I also love Tactics).

DurianGray
Dec 23, 2010

King of Fruits

Failson posted:

I borrowed someone's pen, and it was a Pentel Energel 0.3 needle tip. Felt amazing to write with.

Dunno if I'll replace my Sakura Microns but it's a contender.

Edit: Yes, I gave the pen back, I'm not a monster.

It's a very good pen, especially for tiny writing. I'm on my second one.