Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I am a sticker addict, and I have a sticker recs! Etsy is an especially cheap place to get stickers. Note, I’m Australian and many stores I’m going to discuss are Australian, but I’ll list example prices in ‘murican (shipping prices are on you to check).

Sticker mystery packs/lucky dips/lucky bags

If you want to try out a whole bunch of stickers and enjoy surprises, this is the easiest way to get that ‘ooh what’s in the mail’ serotonin hit. Always make sure to check the sidebar; some lucky dips might be $2 for 2, others might be $2 for 20, it’s very store dependent.

Top rec: 10pgsticker, who has 40 stickers for $5, or 10 sticker sheets for $9, and often tosses in a bunch of freebies. If you like kawaii/cute stuff, and don’t mind what you get, good choice.

Oops bags (aka ‘oopsie/oopsy/seconds/B-grade’).

Sometimes sticker creators make mistakes like the wrong colours or slightly off cuts or little scratches, and rather than toss them in the trash, many put them up in bags with a huge discount. Often you can barely (or not even) tell there’s mistakes. This is probably the lowest cost way to try out a bunch of more expensive stores, but because they only happen when there’s an error, you can’t really predict when they’ll be around or what’s in them. If you see a sticker shop you like, consider following it for updates when they have bags.

Some stores I’ve had good experiences with:
- Paper and prints: $6 pack of 5 sheets of metallic stickers with a functional/business bent
- Cremechii: $5 for 5 large stickers or 1 sticker sheet, with a video games and cats bent (pokemon, genshin impact, etc.)

Misc:
- Bu2ma: Fat tiger stickers.
- Circling the moon: Motivational stickers.
- Susu: Holographic/glitter stickers.
- Poroful: Studio Ghibli, Pokemon, Animal crossing, cute animal stickers + washi tape.
- Greer Stothers: Weird, yet intriguing, stickers.

coolusername fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Mar 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
It's almost September, so I thought I'd post a bit from my bullet journal. It is VERY messy mind you.

I use a hybrid one that has a bullet journal page on one side and a week tracker on the other. Generally my first step is to pick a colour and then slap some organisational stickers on it.

By the end of the week it looks messy and plastered with stickers (please ignore the obvious where I forgot which day of the week it was and then covered my mistake with washi).

I buy sampler sets so I have 50-ish washi patterns and lots and lots of stickers, but they only come out to about $2 here or there.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Keetron posted:

two things that stand out to me, aside from the thrill of peeking in ones notebook / journal:
1. Sorry to see even your Saturday raids cancelled
2. Where do you get those stickers for that price?

Such is life in FFXIV

Oh, as for the stickers and stuff, Etsy my beloved. Obviously you'll need to find your own region to save on shipping, but for example https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/1160549209/washi-tape-sample-luck-dip-grab-bag-15cm?ref=yr_purchases&variation0=2414317402 10 washi tape samplers for $4 USD or https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/1119283175/kawaii-sticker-flake-grab-bag?ref=yr_purchases 20 grab bag stickers (actually ended up with 30, they tossed in a bunch of freebies) for $2 USD.

Look for mystery bag, grab bag, washi tape sampler and OOPs for the keywords and you'll easily find on etsy tonnes of people who'll send you a crazy amount of stationery for very cheap.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

HopperUK posted:

Thanks for this hint! Just ordered a couple of oops packs from someone who does *adorable Animal Crossing sticker sets.

I'm such a sucker for mystery bags. I have to limit myself sharply or I get in the ADHD gambling haze.

You can't say that and then not say what the AC sticker shop is! I also crave the animal crossing.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

HopperUK posted:

Starwood Bay! UK based so can't promise anything about shipping.

Pretty cheap, actually. I have their Celeste bookmark and it is gorgeous (ignore blurry 5am pic) so good choice!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
My journal for next year arrived!

I went with the split journal where one side is a weekly schedule and the other side is blank again, since I like the added structure.