Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Hey cool thread! I bought a fountain pen and a Leuchtturm softcover notebook in January and I've been jotting down stream of consciousness shitposts almost daily since, just from the joy of writing by hand. It's like twitter, but I don't have to put up with assholes! :v:

Since then I also bought a hardcover A5 Leuchtturm for school notes (I feel bougie as poo poo but gently caress that get nice things in your life), and while it feels fancier than the softcover, it's actually too thick to comfortably write on both sides of the page.

I feel like I'm about to fall into a pencil rabbit hole. I'm already window shopping for Blackwings and fancy imports from Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

froglet posted:

Oh, it doesn't lay flat? I've defs seen people use bullclips and so on to hold the pages in place, but it could be when you next need a new notebook you may want to consider whether or not it lays flat(ter) is an important characteristic.
It lays flat-ish and I'm sure it'll flatten out with use, it's just that it's almost 200 pages so right now my hand is propped up on a stack of paper about 10 mm thick. Oh well, just gotta draw my circuit diagrams bigger so I can use more pages!

froglet posted:

There's also how, as far as vices/obsessions go, stationery can be a lot more affordable than the myriad other things people pour their money into
Yeah I don't think my stationery bill will compete with my ukulele habit any time soon. :retrogames:

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Well, in that case,

Stabilo Swano HB on a Leuchtturm1917 hardcover A5. Shoutouts to M+R, that sharpener is probably older than I am and still does a great job.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I should really do that more often, thanks for reminding me.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

HopperUK posted:

I like your handwriting.
Thank you, likewise! I only switched back to cursive this year, and I'm real happy I still remember how to write it since I haven’t used it for, I dunno, 20 years? I switched to a semi-connected hand in school and didn't look back until recently. Still needs some work – I’m not happy with my lower case b (looks too much like k) so I'm slowly trying to change it to a different shape, and my capital letters are all real dull so I want to learn some decorative swoops and swirls.

Siivola fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Mar 24, 2022