Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Work killed my Saturday by making me come in for a 4 hour shift everyone knew was unnecessary. They didn't pay the bill for their vehicle repair info database site, so I had no access to wiring diagrams. Therefore, the whole point of me being there was null, as I am a diagnostic tech. Sure, it's time and a half, but id rather stay home and recover for what is effectively 100 bucks after tax MAYBE. I decided to take that 4 hours(6 with commute, gas prices:shepicide:) back today and then some.

Quality of life is more important than money.

So I submitted a pto request and forewent calling the attendance hotline. Last time I called the hotline but did not submit a pto request. Got paid the pto but was also given a point for attendance. Their reasoning was that I must submit a pto request...

gently caress capitalism, gently caress corporate America.

I wouldn't be so bold today, if it weren't for the fact I received a tentative offer of 25% increase in pay per hour, at a Monday through Friday gig. This would get me back to my 2019 income. Small company, family owned. Not gonna let myself get too excited, yet. Quitting weed for 4 weeks before I even consider accepting an offer. Anyone have any resources for clearing THC from the system faster? As much as I hate being tested for THC, I realize insurance companies make this decision, and as professional as I am, just asking about it puts me in a loser light, so I want to be 100% certain. I've sneak-passed a urinalysis multiple times before, but the last time didn't go well. A T break is needed anyway. Also, yesterday the wife and I(she) decided we are taking a break from booze too. I'm tired of my beer gut and having to drink several beers and a few shots to relax. Just a few minutes ago I did a 20 minute fat burning exercise on our Yesoul bike we got in December. My chest is still tight. BPM started out at 95bpm which is making me nervous. Im a 5'6" manlet 150 pounds, seems pretty high for a resting heart rate. Cranked it up to 165bpm peak at times. Is this good? I feel great now nonetheless. Gonna go to the grocery store hopefully there won't be too many people, I loving HATE the grocery store since covid.

This is an Interwhat feel good thread for goons that want to feel good. Tell us about your life and how you want to make it better. Or whatever, I don't care. GBS is my outlet apparently, this thread can be yours too. All are welcome. BBC, I expect you to be on your best behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Thc clears faster if you drink clean urine

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

interwhat posted:

Work killed my Saturday by making me come in for a 4 hour shift everyone knew was unnecessary. They didn't pay the bill for their vehicle repair info database site, so I had no access to wiring diagrams. Therefore, the whole point of me being there was null, as I am a diagnostic tech. Sure, it's time and a half, but id rather stay home and recover for what is effectively 100 bucks after tax MAYBE. I decided to take that 4 hours(6 with commute, gas prices:shepicide:) back today and then some.

So I submitted a pto request and forewent calling the attendance hotline. Last time I called the hotline but did not submit a pto request. Got paid the pto but was also given a point for attendance. Their reasoning was that I must submit a pto request...

I wouldn't be so bold today, if it weren't for the fact I received a tentative offer of 25% increase in pay per hour, at a Monday through Friday gig. This would get me back to my 2019 income. Small company, family owned. Not gonna let myself get too excited, yet. Quitting weed for 4 weeks before I even consider accepting an offer. Anyone have any resources for clearing THC from the system faster? As much as I hate being tested for THC, I realize insurance companies make this decision, and as professional as I am, just asking about it puts me in a loser light, so I want to be 100% certain. I've sneak-passed a urinalysis multiple times before, but the last time didn't go well. A T break is needed anyway. Also, yesterday the wife and I(she) decided we are taking a break from booze too. I'm tired of my beer gut and having to drink several beers and a few shots to relax. Just a few minutes ago I did a 20 minute fat burning exercise on our Yesoul bike we got in December. My chest is still tight. BPM started out at 95bpm which is making me nervous. Im a 5'6" manlet 150 pounds, seems pretty high for a resting heart rate. Cranked it up to 165bpm peak at times. Is this good? I feel great now nonetheless. Gonna go to the grocery store hopefully there won't be too many people, I loving HATE the grocery store since covid.

This is an Interwhat feel good thread for goons that want to feel good. Tell us about your life and how you want to make it better. Or whatever, I don't care. GBS is my outlet apparently, this thread can be yours too. All are welcome. BBC, I expect you to be on your best behavior.

Move to a blue state. It's illegal in New York now to test someone for pot for a job unless it's something like nitroglycerin truck driver.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Blue states are getting too expensive for the working class. I'm from Maryland. Long term goal is to move somewhere temperate away from everyone and everything.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

interwhat posted:

Blue states are getting too expensive for the working class. I'm from Maryland. Long term goal is to move somewhere temperate away from everyone and everything.

99% of people living in blue states, including places like new york city, are working class. Right wing propaganda is 100% false man

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Doctor J Off posted:

99% of people living in blue states, including places like new york city, are working class. Right wing propaganda is 100% false man

That’s why they are so leftist, because working class people want to give all their money to the government and get hecka abortions.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'm unemployed

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I thought about calling out sick this morning, but I have a bunch of work I need to get done today. If I don’t do it today I’ll have to try and squeeze it into the other four workdays this week.

I just don’t feel like doing that.

Also, I work from home, so whatever.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Doctor J Off posted:

How many of them own homes? Being working class, just about the only semi-reliable investment is owning a home, and with what rent costs in Maryland, it would have kept me in an endless cycle of never being able to afford the purchase of a home. I'm literally speaking from my own experience.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ok thanks

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
https://www.vox.com/2014/8/28/6063679/the-biggest-thing-the-blue-states-are-screwing-up

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/10/why-are-liberal-cities-so-unaffordable/382045/

https://smartasset.com/mortgage/best-states-for-the-middle-class-2020-edition

Just a couple quick articles from google. I think you'd rather believe what you're stating.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

you're welcome, how's your day, champ?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

interwhat posted:

How many of them own homes? Being working class, just about the only semi-reliable investment is owning a home, and with what rent costs in Maryland, it would have kept me in an endless cycle of never being able to afford the purchase of a home. I'm literally speaking from my own experience.

I grew up in New York City and my friends weren't the brightest bunch (zero of them went to college). Almost every single one of them became a sanitation worker and they earn like 130k+ per year and all own homes. A lot of them drive really nice cars too (not me, I actually prefer shitboxes).

I know it's anecdotal but I don't know a single person I grew up with that isn't doing really well with a decent to nice house and family.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Also is living at home with your parents an option while you save? I know it sucks but I didn't move out until I was 26 because my girlfriend (now wife) and I wanted to save for a house. We did not want to do that while paying rent because that's like two mortgages.

Renting by me is actually more expensive (monthly) than having a mortgage.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Also is living at home with your parents an option while you save? I know it sucks but I didn't move out until I was 26 because my girlfriend (now wife) and I wanted to save for a house. We did not want to do that while paying rent because that's like two mortgages.

Renting by me is actually more expensive (monthly) than having a mortgage.

absolutely renting is sooo much more expensive just about anywhere. I've owned a home since 2017, but at the time, it only made sense to move to Ohio to pull it off, and still be near family. Bought our house for $135k. Back in MD, to get a house that cheap(thats not in the mountains and basically in WV or PA), it would have had to be a foreclosure. I also had the mentality after going to a lender that says I can afford a 250k house, that I needed to ask repeatedly about what that monthly payment would be. I think the issue is more complicated than red vs blue states, it's far more specific geographically. Likely in MD, the problem is that basically the whole southern half of the state is considered a suburb of DC, and if you're not government or military, you should just move to VA.

I wasn't excited about moving to Ohio, but it's where I got my foot in the door in homeownership. It's not all bad here. It's definitely wayyy less racist than southern Maryland, I really do stand by that.

Edit: my house is currently estimated at $200k which is kind of cool if I wanted to sell, but kind of scary because that number will eventually go down.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

I mean there are issues with cost of living and the rent seeking behavior of the wealthy, but that wasn't what you posted before. Anyway, treating housing as an investment rather than a place to live is the cause of skyrocketing costs of living, not the solution to it.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I wish calling in was easy. I'm a teacher, which means I have to prepare for a substitute teacher. This means at least two hours to get everything ready, lessons prepped and such. It can be quite an endeavor. I was out 3 days last week. It took the better part of last weekend to get everything ready.

The plus side is I have enough sick leave banked right now that I can take an entire month off, if I needed to.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

to beat a pee test have a clean pee friend pee into your mouth prior to the test. your body heat will keep the pee warm tp help you beat the temperature check. i wish i would have called off work today op i am jealous.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Good job not working yourself to death and losing the respect of society by choosing that I guess, short round.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Genesplicer posted:

I wish calling in was easy. I'm a teacher, which means I have to prepare for a substitute teacher. This means at least two hours to get everything ready, lessons prepped and such. It can be quite an endeavor. I was out 3 days last week. It took the better part of last weekend to get everything ready.

The plus side is I have enough sick leave banked right now that I can take an entire month off, if I needed to.

Substitute teachers don't just wheel in the wood paneled top loading VCR anymore?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

i'm unemployable, it's pretty 'pog'

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

interwhat posted:

Blue states pay significantly more. The more you avoid them, the more you’re doing yourself a disservice.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

interwhat posted:

organic not-from-concentrate cranberry juice "allegedly" helps this

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

interwhat posted:

Hey serious question, why is everyone from maryland so bad at driving?
I've been to most states and many countries, in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia, and MAryland drivers are literally the worst. I live in VA, drive through DC to get to work in MD. 100% of vehicles with MD plates are doing something wrong always. Do you all just not have drivers ed or what?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I just send an email to my boss that says “I’m not coming in today” and I copy the other guy who does the same job as me so he knows he’ll be getting calls and emails from my clients and then I set my OOO and then I go back to bed OP.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Blue states pay significantly more. The more you avoid them, the more you’re doing yourself a disservice.

not in my industry. Im not really making any argument or claim, I may even eventually go home, however being so close to DC in a time where nuclear war is being discussed, probably not. Everyone's experience is different and it's not cool to make generalizations.

anyway, back to feeling good in a feel good thread maybe?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I can be pretty flexible with my time and if I wanted to gently caress off the rest of the day and make it up later or with pto I could do so in theory...sounds cool but right now i am so busy my entire week will get hosed up if i took an afternoon off. i should have worked this weekend but i am starting to grow apathetic about constantly having to do that. overall good to be salaried.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Hey serious question, why is everyone from maryland so bad at driving?
I've been to most states and many countries, in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia, and MAryland drivers are literally the worst. I live in VA, drive through DC to get to work in MD. 100% of vehicles with MD plates are doing something wrong always. Do you all just not have drivers ed or what?

Great question, no good answers for you. I can definitely confirm though. But the last time I drove back I came in on 495 around DC at night still rush hour, and legit was like this is fuckin terrifying. I don't miss the area at all. If I move back to MD it will definitely be Western MD in the mountains.

Ohio drivers are pretty poo poo too, but in different ways. MD drivers drive FAST.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Real talk though, way back in the day I worked in a warehouse where your whole day was set to an alarm and you got points for taking time off without prior approval. You had up 9 points until you got a verbal warning, 11 points was a written warning, 14 was a three day suspension, and at 17 they walked you out. Points were dropped 1 year after after the date accrued so most people just times their callouts and rode 7 to 9 points all year round.

Anyway, the point is that one time I had 9 points and I wanted to call out because I was having major stomach issues but when I called in I got the “this is so unlike you, we’ll have to give you a written warning now”. I was young and dumb then so I went into work and like 45 minutes into my shift I poo poo my pants.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I can be pretty flexible with my time and if I wanted to gently caress off the rest of the day and make it up later or with pto I could do so in theory...sounds cool but right now i am so busy my entire week will get hosed up if i took an afternoon off. i should have worked this weekend but i am starting to grow apathetic about constantly having to do that. overall good to be salaried.

I often dwell on the fact that I didn't get a degree despite spending time at more than one college. But then I talk to salaried people all the time and they're always working weekends and trying to meet deadlines, and worst of all have to collaborate with people. There's something I think my brain is wired for that needs close to immediate gratification. Like, car broke, I fixed it, I'm paid and then happy. It's even more gratifying when others have tried and failed to fix it. It's physically demanding a lot of the time, but it keeps me in shape for the most part. Annddd I'm really not too far from 6 figures if this job opportunity pans out. 6 figures is the goal post for mechanics and I know a few that hit that regularly.

This hasn't been much of a feel good thread right now.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I work two jobs from home thanks to synthetic urine OP. I bill for 60 hours every week rn but work probably 12-20. I go to the gym twice a day and get to stay home with my newborn and wife. I just blew up a train in RDR2 and I'm gonna go to the gym again before my next meeting.

Remember: SYNTHETIC URINE.

You heat it to temp before u go to the place and then just put it with a heat pad next to your balls. gently caress not smoking weed.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I’ve got two dicks one I use for my regular weed pees and one I use for drug tests

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

kntfkr posted:

I work two jobs from home thanks to synthetic urine OP. I bill for 60 hours every week rn but work probably 12-20. I go to the gym twice a day and get to stay home with my newborn and wife. I just blew up a train in RDR2 and I'm gonna go to the gym again before my next meeting.

Remember: SYNTHETIC URINE.

You heat it to temp before u go to the place and then just put it with a heat pad next to your balls. gently caress not smoking weed.

Thoughts on white grape juice? Knew a guy on probation that claimed it worked every time.

Honestly though, I've gone months and months without, but my drinking gets a little too heavy. Sometimes weed just makes me too anxious

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

The Bloop posted:

Substitute teachers don't just wheel in the wood paneled top loading VCR anymore?

I wish. Even something like a video requires advanced prep. Luckily a lot of it is done online, so I can often just email the notes to the sub, rather than physically going in and setting up. But there are times when I have to go in (It's a 45 to 60 minute drive each way) and set up stuff like papers or materials. it can be a massive pain. But 30 years of teaching has me streamlined nicely.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

interwhat posted:

Thoughts on white grape juice? Knew a guy on probation that claimed it worked every time.

Uh wouldn’t the test come back with like YOU HAVE DIABETES

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

interwhat posted:

Honestly though, I've gone months and months without, but my drinking gets a little too heavy. Sometimes weed just makes me too anxious

I know an industrial engineer that abstained for ten days and she used a drink and it worked. They sell them on Amazon for like $30. I forget the brand.

You drink it and a lot of water the day off. It works like a masking agent. I don't like grape juice.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just pump clean urine up your dick before you gotta get tested, ask a weed sober friend to help

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just pump clean urine up your dick before you gotta get tested, ask a weed sober friend to help

Ah, the advanced second step of Docking: The Refueling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Sounds like you need to chill. Wanna come to Iowa? Jk it sucks here too. But I know a cheap tiny place. 650 a month. I just moved out, couldn't fight with the roaches anymore.