Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I want to be on survivor and poo poo myself and die in the first hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'm going to take a gambit

Pony: Strunk
Poison: Strunk

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Really enjoyed the first episode. The tribes seem cool, with some fun personalities and some good chances for conflict, the twists have felt... aggressive? Really setting up for tensions in the mid merge, but with individual powers not being overwhelming unless tribes get extra small.

I do think a regular 43 minute episode will be super strained though.

Chili posted:

Survivor Fantasy Update!

Tied for first right now are myself and Studio#4031!

Rosters are open now so if you want to switch out any of your picked players for someone you may have overlooked, have at it! Couple of people feel the burn big time in picking both the boots but there's still plenty of survivor left!

You kidding? Jackson earned me a sweet 8 points by being med evac'd :clint:

I do feel bad for Jackson's evac, and the role really should've gone to someone else. That said, it's at least the first boot in a season that would've most likely had two boots for episode 1, and at least there was some neat conversations about him. Sucks, but also worked out well!

Edit: I have no idea if I actually got these points.
Edit2: oh he was benched lmao

Studio fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Mar 11, 2022

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Studio posted:

I'm going to take a gambit

Pony: Strunk
Poison: Strunk

Also this turned out to be mildly accurate???

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Apparently in post-exit interviews he told CBS the day after the alternate had left (no idea if intentional, etc.).

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

This has happened before! The Melissa McNulty

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

obliriovrons posted:

I could also see it as something that comes up later that calls his trustworthiness into question. Like, someone else uses it or brings it up, the show flashes back to him being asked if that's blood and him being like "yeah!"

It's gonna be Lydia, who commented when he got back to the beach about his blood.
"Hey remember when Hai came back super bloody after the first challenge. No one talked about it, and he didn't have any cuts on him. Do you think..."

I think this episode had a lot to cover, and Hai was on the one team that didn't lose anyone, so I imagine we'll get Drama later on.

Studio fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 12, 2022

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

lol they posted a couple preview videos for tomorrow night and one of them is about how exhausting maryanne is to be around like a bunch of us were speculating

In a Jackson exit interview she may have been the first one to go if it'd been double elimination, especially because she was VERY enthusiastic about going to advantage totally normal no reason to not trust me island

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Khanstant posted:

I think they should be allowed to do drugs on survivor, which woulda let Jackson stay, and would make for a lot of interesting show moments. If nothing else, the psychoactive drug alcohol has been voluntarily administered to players before and I always wondered why they didn't leave booze filled coconuts around like easter eggs for the survivors to stumble into.

They can take prescription drugs, but it has to be disclosed and approved (if there's something that wouldn't do well in the circumstances, they'll drop someone). The problem is, applicants (probably rightly) fear that they're less likely to get cast if they reveal any sort of risk like a prescription drug, and are less likely to disclose it.

Lithium is not a great example though, because as far as I know it's Super Hard and Dangerous to wean someone off of it, and requires testing in like, extreme Survivoresque circumstances. I actually think Jackson could've made it onto a later season had he been more forthcoming about not being able to get off of Lithium, but I'm just watching from the sidelines.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Narcissus1916 posted:

The "Survivor's First Openly Trans Player" is 110% going to return in a future season.

Withholding information from Medical that leads to an evacuation instead of a replacement is imo going to keep him 1000% out. Him being on the show might push more trans applicants though, which would be Cool and Good.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

this season owns. I'm hooting and hollering for Mike and his like, ultimate clownery. I hope he never gets voted out but fucks up more and more.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

You can hear Lydia yelling this and it owns, imo

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

loving awesome episode. Strunk threw Chanelle under the bus because he didn't want to draw rocks, and I think it took a whole 0 seconds of looking at Hai to realize he was pissed at how much had been left out, and absolutely not going to change his mind. I do think if Mike activates his idol and gets his vote back that Strunk! might flip, but this tribe is going to implode at the merge.

Strunk! Fun Fact:
https://twitter.com/UptownStrunk/status/1506693884490891264

(also lol at the clout chasing)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Also lmao at risking your vote after telling someone "hey I REALLY need to be safe for this first big vote." That might be the worst decision all season?

Also:

https://twitter.com/giangyhai/status/1506800254397698048

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Also thinking about last night's episode, has a tribe ever worked as closely as Taku was last night? They literally Idol Hunted as a group and shared the text. They'll be bonkers strong if they make the merge, but uh, what are the tribe dynamics if they have another vote (they don't seem great at puzzles!)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Maryanne likely goes - Omar/Jonathan have been called out as close, as are Jonathan/Lindsay. Also it's impossible for Jonathan or Lindsay to be voted out if they go to tribal unless the three-way idol gets activated, since only Jonathan and Lindsay can vote on the tribe right now.

They absolutely can go.

I think it's possible Lindsay goes. If they really want to keep those advantages for the merge (Extra Vote, Idol), then Maryanne has to stay. Jon votes Lindsay, Lindsay votes Maryanne, on revote only Jon can vote again. Jon and Omar will likely play like t they have a vote, and I'm very excited for Omar's reaction when he steps in to vote and gets sideswiped by one of the worst survivor moves.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Daniel is Angelina 2.0

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:hmmyes: Yeah when Angelina throws people under the bus she makes a fake idol and throws her game even more

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I do think there's a certain charm in having people that just Do Not Give a gently caress, and are in it for a free vacation, but that should be A Rare Thing.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:slick: tribal council first babeeeee :slick:

Those flashbacks were masterful. Just, absolutely perfect.

get owned anyone from Palo Alto (not East Palo Alto)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Lydia has gotten surprisingly little coverage. I understand that she wasn't really in control of Tribal, but uh, she survived! Give us a rundown!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Rocksroy is playing two decade old Survivor it rules

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Chili posted:

• Studio has been in first place for the entire run so far.

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Lydia noooooooo

https://twitter.com/lydia_meredith/status/1511018672357199872?t=nzlCJe_D2tWiuc1SFHqkfg&s=19

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

*sweating profusely* uhh there's hotter rats????

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

Can anyone explain why the survivor subreddit is currently obsessed with and rooting for Daniel?

It's tongue in cheek because you know, it's daniel.

https://i.redd.it/lah5su9s3xr81.jpg

STONE COLD 64 posted:

im coming for your top spot studio

:slick: :slick: :slick:

good luck catching this

:slick: :slick: :slick:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Boxman posted:

Isn't there a rule about the same person sitting out constantly? Did that go away, or is it suspended because Daniel hosed up his shoulder in-game?

You can only sit out once per set of challenges between councils. So if there's a a merged reward/immunity, then a council, you can sit out the next tribal.

(There's weird exceptions in like, Palau too)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Keeping STRUNK in my tribal council draft was extremely worth it even though it def cost me first

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

SweetJahasus posted:

Man I've gotta ask, do you know this guy personally or something or are you memeing something that exists in a different survivor community I'm unaware of, because Daniel comes across on tv as a completely unlikable chode

Strunk managed to gently caress up literally the entire time, even starting off as likeable! Like ten seconds into Survivor he's fallen onto sand while lookin' like a real doofus. He Jeb!'d in a way only a real Jeb could, by burning every possible connection in a way where everyone seemed to hate him, and every time he tried to salvage anything it turned up worse.

Ironically I don't even think he's the person they should've voted out! He's clearly loyal to a fault with how he tried to preserve Jenny, and likely would've STRUNK around Hai, Lydia, and Mike.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

blue squares posted:

???????????????

Is this sarcasm?

No. He had:

Before Tribal Council when he knew Chanelle lost her vote as a chance to scramble.
The First Vote
The Revote

to dump Jenny.

He had three forks in the road and still went with a plan that (by the end) clearly had no path to success. He dumped her at rocks but like, why would anyone go to rocks at that point?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

lmao
https://twitter.com/ErikReichenb4ch/status/1512227931162124290

Narcissus1916 posted:

I want to give this quote all the applause.

To be fair I worked on the Hillary and Biden campaigns and I'm certain I'd probably do even worse than he did.

If it was like 2004 I feel like that would've been a purposeful casting choice. "Worked on Jeb! and Hillary's campaign? Put 'em on the same tribe"

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Overdrift posted:

Looks like Tribal-Council is kind of broken this week. They have Lindsay as the person voted out.

I definitely confused Lydia and Lindsay (as names) at the start of the season too. I feel you, Tribal-Council Guy.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Jonathan is the only survivor I've actually cared about in the past few seasons.
He seems like the kind of guy you could go out drinking with, and at the end of the night he would carry your drunk rear end home, feed your dog, then come over the next morning and fry up a bunch of eggs and bacon.
Just seems like a cool dude, I'll be sad when he inevitably gets voted off.

Isn't his dad like a super conservative congressperson and isn't he super duper religious - like, goes on missions

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

survivor seems pretty easy.

you and me final 2 we'll stunner these fools. (also having flashbacks to the last wrestlemania and how much fun steve austin was having lmao)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

I get being disappointed about Jonathan maybe being a chud, but, couple things here. For one, Survivor is a very popular show and half of the general public is conservative, so they're going to be keeping that in mind during casting. But also, one of the nice things about this show is we don't see politics coming up, at least not on air. We've had some issues with religion in the past but I don't think that's come up very recently either. Let poor Jonathan exist in the (relatively) innocent reality TV bubble where he belongs.

Apparently Sarah Lacina wore a MAGA hat when she got back to Ponderosa after final tribal, which, lol.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Max, Vince, and Rodney would all drink their pee in a pee drinking business but with vastly different marketing.

I love World's Apart

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

big fat juicy rear end

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

My real takeaway from this episode is that the tribe split double council gimmick is not a thing I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

Maryanne thought she had to because otherwise people would think she played on race to be safe, and she was likely right people would say that. But idk it’s obviously not why she would’ve been safe and those people are going to be complaining anyway about this TC so I don’t know if she had to do that. I was impressed how well-spoken she was for someone who usually comes off as very silly.

Imo they should probably just not do open votes unless it's a Brandon Hantz, Varnet situation. This... wasn't that.

Also Maryanne is in seminary, I would expect them to be very well spoken lol

Studio fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 28, 2022