Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
The system event logs might tell you more information, and there might be a crash dump you can analyze with WinDbg. I did something similar earlier today to solve a sleep-mode crash/reboot that turned out to be caused by a terrible fingerprint scanner driver.

Type "event viewer" in your toolbar's search bar, and then select Windows Logs -> System in the left pane. From there, you can scroll until you find an error at the time of the crash. It might tell you something; might not. If it notifies you of a crash dump, I can help you look through it.

e: Oh for the love of god, I did not read your post closely enough. Sorry. Carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Alan_Shore posted:

Oh, so that won't help? drat lol

Hm, it might, but after I wrote it I saw that you already looked at the event logs, then I assumed I was inadvertently mansplaining. But we can explore that avenue further. Can you post the complete event log for that error? Were there any others around the same time?

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Alan_Shore posted:

How do I post the log? Just copy and paste?

Yeah, or take a screenshot. Either way.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

My layman's opinion is that you should get a new 980M