Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I really love my empty yard and wide driveway. Empty up front, empty out back. Just not a god drat thing anywhere.

Character? Ha. Talk to Teddy up the block, he's in the house that looks exactly like this one and is the exact same color. Yeah, he's a character, he was the one with a sign out on his yard saying all the weird sex stuff kids are doing like bi, trans, non-binary, extra-binary, whatever that is is okay. Like we should make sure they feel protected or safe or some poo poo.

Another set of characters is that family in the blue one, five houses down. They planted a few shrubs around their porch. Those things are going to grow roots and destroy everything from the sewer and water to electric. Our HOA fees are going to jump when all of a sudden there are some shrub roots going into the roads.

Anyway, my son, Charlie McGrabe the Sixteenth, and Kaiyleebrin who lives in the yellow house, are having their shared birthday party over at 4054 on Saturday, we'll have a bounce house and the ice cream truck and Dipshit Craig's Pulled Pork'n'mac' food truck there so come on over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
What's tree law op?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I live on the 14th floor but my friend cant figure out the intercom so she's attempting to shout at me from ground level

she's shouting really loud but it's not working, not even at 3am

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

are you talking about the desert op?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

EorayMel posted:

What's tree law op?

Not a tree lawyer, not gonna lie.

But a neighborhood built into the landscape around it, I find more favorable than an area clear cut and having a bunch of new houses thrown up at the developer's fastest pace.

Tree law also follows the rule of "smoke weed every day."

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I'm the westward facing room with floor to ceiling windows where it gets up to 48c in summer. I make the AC run alllllllll day.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm just a shithead that thinks you shouldn't knock over everything and build 800 houses that don't have any trees in the yard, when the trees were already there.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Yeah, we're just at the end of the cul-de-sac. Wait, which one are you at? Jackson Court? No, we're on Jackson Circle. The next one over.

Yeah, it's the brownish grey one with the turret and a garage bigger than the house.

No, it's one that doesn't have a for sale sign out front.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
dutch elm disease. emerald ash borer. pine borer. persistent enough droughts to gently caress up the spruce and weaken them to rhizosphaera and mites. worsening oak wilt on the way in the midwest?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

cult_hero posted:

Yeah, we're just at the end of the cul-de-sac. Wait, which one are you at? Jackson Court? No, we're on Jackson Circle. The next one over.

Yeah, it's the brownish grey one with the turret and a garage bigger than the house.

No, it's one that doesn't have a for sale sign out front.

Close thread.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Heh, I'm not gonna let some wimpy hippy loving tree clean my air, provide shade, reduce the urban heat island effect, help with drainage and slope stability, and provide food and habitat for bitch rear end animals.

Look at my new driveway. Do you know how many cars leased trucks I can park on this baby?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Like, imagine you're buying a house. Neighborhood is close to a nice school, fire depo, hospital, etc. Looks nice. Then you find out it's built directly on a "non-priority" EPA Superfund site because of groundwater contamination.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Or you gotta go to that special hell of the "community mailbox."

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
If we had trees that provided privacy, how would people be able to see my new truck? How would I be able to see my neighbours truck? How would he know how much bigger mine is when I let it "warm up" for 20 minutes when I hit the remote starter at 6AM if sound was muffled by stupid wood and green stuff?

gently caress trees.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

ITT its the 90s and living in an affordable brick home in the suburbs is tantamount to chattel slavery.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Yeah I just had my backyard paved over. Cuts down on the yardwork.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Parks 1996 Civic on the street.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Walking on the dire side.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

When I look up, the only thing I want to see is the lowest bidder’s handwork, blocking out the wretched sky!

j o y c e
Jan 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*gasp* might be forced to speak to an other

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Treees. They are us.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
lmao if you care about school districts, that means you must have kids, lol just lol

trees however, there had better be poo poo tons of them

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

uses a car to get everywhere
is conditioned to think it's cool and good

has kids; they themselves drive to high school
doesn't think kids driving themselves to school is loving bonkers

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Check out my bonsai pot babies! They don't need to go to school and won't crash my spotless suburban car.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Wise are the men who plant trees under the shade of which they shall never sit.

Wiser still are the men who build entire golf courses in Arizona, absolute brain geniuses, Nobel prizes for everybody.

Beyond ReTarTed.
Dec 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EorayMel posted:

What's tree law op?

127 more days in jail

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Men who build golf courses in Arizona should be hanged so that their hubris may teach a lesson to others.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
Not having corner stores.
The closest thing to a corner store is a petrol station
The petrol station is far away

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Hrm, I'm super nosey and I don't like the way there's someone screaming someone's name outside. Doesn't even look like they can use the intercom right. Must be a drunk, they don't belong here.

Hello, 911?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Bonzo posted:

Parks 1996 Civic on the street.

Whoa Whoa Whoa neighbor, really, we can't have that. The bylaws clearly states that no vehicle can be parked on the street for more than 72 hours. You need to move it, or Cheryl , you know the PRESIDENT of the HOA, will definitely have to take action.

And is that trumpet vine? You'll need to nip that in the bud buddy, we agreed no flowering plants because Helen is allergic to bees and hummingbirds.

You missed the meeting? No problem, I'll send you the recording. I think we discussed it about2:45-3:15 in. But don't skip anything because Jayne and Cheryl hate each other so much their back and forth is just like The Office levels of comedy. That show is so great.

Has anyone checked next door? Raceman1488 really gives some great commentary. I always thought those guys at the bagel shop on Elmswood seemed pretty fishy. I'm glad my kids are safe.

Beyond ReTarTed.
Dec 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the cities are still designed where cars are preferred LOl

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Ah, another beautiful day in the Lost City of Atlantis.

Beyond ReTarTed.
Dec 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
time to get in my car and drive to the park

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I had a nightmare that t6e neighbor's cat killed mrs squirrel (who lives in my back yard and eats oranges everyday)

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Treecko posted:

Hrm, I'm super nosey and I don't like the way there's someone screaming someone's name outside. Doesn't even look like they can use the intercom right. Must be a drunk, they don't belong here.

Hello, 911?

she is most definitely hella drunk

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Well not in MY neighborhood! Officer, take her away! I have to sit on my plastic wrapped couch and catch my show while I drink an entire bottle of wine and delude myself that I'm better than that rapscalion!!

Boy being so uptight is exhausting

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
you hear that? of course you don't, not a single bird to be heard!

birds aren't even real, did you know that the government has been researching 'bird' surveillance drones for over 50 years...

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Ah another beautiful day on the perfectly flat white plane that extends infinitely in all directions.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

They planted 3 scrub oaks on my lot when they built the house and two died so I have an tree in the backyard. Of my three citrus trees I planted only the limequat survived. It is a harsh environment and only the strongest plants survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I'm a pariah to the HOA and general community as a whole. Azaleas without a landscape plan approval on top of my sweet hotdog trick at the 4th of july pool party....