Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

HD DAD posted:

*sees multiple posts of “I’m 22 and make a totally normal salary of $200k, what should I do with this money” and unfollows the sub*

How many responses were "invest in NFTs"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Let's not be too hasty here. With my sandwich idea, my new ketchup and genius marketing plan, my Heelies for dogs business proposal, I may find myself making a billion dollars one day and I don't want to be shot on sight. In fact, my 60k salary is just a stepping stone on the way to being one of those billionaires, and so I'm against any kind of law that would inhibit or constrain the person I will one day be.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Love to go in on those office lottery pools when the jackpot gets big. What if I didn't and everyone else got super rich??

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah, it's funny how the people who hate immigration also will never support the programs that make having kids not financial suicide and also complain about the labor shortage.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

scott zoloft posted:

Door Dash is certainly a symptom or the issue. Companies have absolutely identified they can force whatever kind of market they want if they throw enough VC money at it long enough while they wait for people to pay for it and accept it

Like no one asked for a loving grubhub and now its a major food service middleman that drives restaurant prices up even if you arent using them

This has always puzzled me. Is it just "give me convenience or give me death" or are consumers so uneducated they can easily be hoodwinked into spending so much cash on 'disruptive' ideas like food delivery and taxis? And I guess really those can only exist because the state of the economy forces people into bad gig jobs in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Greg of Doom posted:

Look at the news. It says Home Owners = Investors, Students = Protesters =, Migrants = Killers on the border. Or whatever...

No one watches the news and sees or thinks ME.

Its all Other. You're fine, its these other people loving poo poo up.

"Workers will be hit by a 100% decrease in rear end"

Never considered myself a worker so Im fine.

But surely we're not some special class who recognizes that this occurs, so why is it we can recognize it and presumedly try to not succumb to this kind of thinking while so many 'others' can't or won't? Unless it's actually the case that everyone recognizes this but due to the very nature of othering, assumes nobody else does?